040. forbidden

This was a request from @StelLa_Grant5, Sorry it took a few days.

Y/n's pov:

"Oh hey Y/n. Where were you?" Archie said aggressively as I walked through the door.

"Uh... I-"

"Were you with Jughead?"

"I was...Um-" I stuttered, trying to come up with a quick enough lie.

"You were weren't you? I'm so gonna kill that beanie wearing demon!" He yelled grabbing his letterman jacket and trying to push past me to get to the door. Ever since Archie and Jug stopped being friends last year, Archie 'forbade' me from talking and hanging out with him. I didn't let that stop me, but Archie is furious every time he finds out. The worst part is, if it wasn't for Archie's dumb, overprotective self, me and Jug would be dating. I've liked him for years, but I never thought he felt the same, that was until a few months ago when he confessed his feelings in a booth at Pop's. Archie overheard and freaked out, telling Jughead if he was ever to 'make advances' on me, he would kill him. I still don't think he was joking.

"Archie stop!" I yelled back as I held my body up against the door. If he really wanted to get out, he could've, considering he was about 50 pounds heavier than me and on the football team.

"Please don't do this." He looked at me, realizing how much he was going to lose if he went through with this, even though I wasn't entirely sure what 'this' was. He nodded and went back up the stairs into his room.

~Later~

The sound of footsteps passing my door, distracted me from my late-night reading. I turned off my flashlight and crept to the door, cracking it open. To my surprise, I saw red hair and a baseball bat, something that's never a good combo. I threw on my sweatshirt and sneakers and ran back over to the door. Once I heard him close the door, I raced down the stairs, following him as he walked down the dark streets of Riverdale. I followed loosely behind him for about 15 minutes until we got to Pop's. Why are we at Pop's? Did I get something wrong? Was he really just out for a nightime milkshake run? I looked in the window to see my handsome raven-haired, beanie-wearing writer, sitting in his favorite booth, typing away. That's when I connected the dots.

My nails dung into my palms as I watched Archie storm into Pop's and start yelling, while Jug sat there defenseless. To my relief, Pop Tate came out from the kitchen and said something to them, probably to take it outside, because they both came out of the diner, still fuming.

"I told you to stay away from her!" Archie screamed.

"I didn't do anything. Speaking of Y/n, does she know you're here, cause I have her on speed dial, so I'll let her know right now." Jug said, standing his ground, something Archie didn't seem to like, because he dropped his bat and took a step forward and pushed him with all his strength, making him fall to the ground as I just froze, unable to move behind the bush I was hiding behind. Archie proceeded to get on top of Jug,

"I. Told. You. To. Stay. Away. From. Y/n." He growled, stopping in between each word. He then raised his fist and punched Jughead right in the face, making me fall to the ground. I wanted to scream for him to stop, to stop hurting the boy I loved. Jug put his hands up, covering his face, but not hitting back. Archie then began to hit him in the stomach, to the point where I thought he wasn't going to stop. He stood up, about to kick Jug. I ran out from the bushes and pushed Archie away.

"STOP! Please stop!" I kneeled down next to him and rubbed his blood-covered face.

"Are you ok Juggie?" I whispered, tears forming in my eyes as I looked down at the injured boy.

"I'm fine." He sat up, wincing at the pain. I turned to Archie who was hovering above us with an angry look on his face.

"Why the hell would you do that? What is wrong with you? Just because I went and watched a movie with my bestfriend, you beat the shit out of him? Listen, I need you to understand something: I really like Jughead, and nothing you say will ever change that. And I'm done playing by your rules." I spat, while Archie looked stunned. Before he knew what I was doing, I grabbed Jug's face and forcefully kissed him. I turned back to Archie who had regret painted all over his face.

"Look, I'm sorry Jug." He said, putting his head down in shame. He picked up his bat, which I was grateful he didn't use, and walked away.

"Well that was awful." I sniffled, some of the tears from earlier finding their way out of my eyes. He tilted my face up and kissed me again.

"It wasn't that bad. At least I got to kiss you. Now come on, let's go get a milkshake." He said, grabbing my hand and dragging me into the diner.

Man, forbidden love is great.