056. baby it's cold outside

A/n: This is the start of the holiday imagines I'm gonna write- it's going to be nothing religious so don't worry, I try to make these as inclusive as possible

Song inspiration: Baby it's cold outside- the glee cast version (because I refuse to listen any other version)

Y/n's pov:

Perfect white snowflakes were falling from the sky as I pulled into Jughead's- almost- driveway. I'd decided to surprise him, for I hadn't seen him all week, due to both our busy schedules. It was the 23rd of December, and the holiday spirit in Riverdale was at an all time low- with the black hood and all.

But Jug was cheery nonetheless. He was always more clingy during the holiday season, for this time of year was when he missed his mother and sister the most. I felt so guilty that I'd been almost neglecting him these past few weeks, I was balancing school and work, and I'd almost forgotten about him.

But I was here to make up for it. I knocked on the door to the trailer, beginning to shiver from the cold. The door creaked open and one bright green eye peered through the crack.

"Y/n!" He said excitedly, unlocking the other lock and opening the door, tackling me in a hug, lifting me off the ground while he hugged me tight. He smelled like his pine scented body wash, and his hair was wet against my neck, so I assumed he'd just gotten out of the shower.

He put me back on the ground, and I could see him trying to hide his stupid smile.

"Are you gonna let me in or what?" I asked smirking, while he tried to hide his embarrassment, knowing I'd already seen how excited he'd got.

I walked in the trailer only to be met by a brightly lit christmas tree with an overabundance of presents underneath. They were messily wrapped, which is how I knew Jug had wrapped them- he was never particularly good at wrapping gifts. Aside from the tree, the rest of the living room was decorated in garlands and wreaths.

"What do you think? I decorated myself" I turned around and smiled at him, nodding in approval, while he stood there smiling like an idiot in his gray, long-sleeve shirt and red plaid pajama pants.

"I was watching The Grinch before you showed up, wanna watch the rest with me?"

"Which one?" I asked, referring to which version of the movie he was watching.

"The Jim Carrey one of course" He replied, resuming the movie. He immediately turned around and went to the kitchen, rustling around in the cabinets. I knew him well enough that I stopped questioning what he does.

Jug returned to the living room shortly after, with two cups of hot chocolate, little marshmallows floating on the top of the cups.

"Mint hot cocoa?" He offered, handing me one of the mugs.

"Don't mind if I do..." He sat down next to me on the couch, throwing a fuzzy blanket over the two of us, and putting his arm around my shoulder.

I focused on the sound of his chest rising and falling, as I relaxed into his touch, not at all paying attention to the movie playing. His hand rubbed up and down my back soothingly, to the point where I was sure I was going to fall asleep.

"Hey Juggie?" I whispered tiredly, to which he responded with a hum, "Who are those presents for? There seem to be a lot of them"

"Well a few of them are for you, obviously. There's some for my dad, and Jellybean, and my mom..." He trailed off waiting for my reaction. I sat up, a huge smile on my face when I realized what he meant,

"Wait are they coming to Riverdale?"

"No... We're going to Toledo for a few days next week" He smiled sheepishly as I laid back down on his chest.

A half hour passed and the movie was over, and I was exhausted. I looked up at the clock which told me it was 11 pm, meaning I was supposed to be home an hour ago.

"Shit, I gotta go Jug" I said grabbing my coat hurriedly,

"Wait no- we were having a good time!" He whined, sticking his lip out in a pout,

"I really can't stay- my dad will start to worry"

"But baby... it's cold outside" He smirked, standing up so he was taller than me, and grabbing my coat from my hands, tossing it back on the couch.

"You could lend me a coat?"

"I'll be so lonely without you" His hands moved to my waist, pulling me closer so I was looking up at him.

"Archie would kill me if I stayed over"

"But the roads are probably icy"

"I'll be alright"

"What if you get pneumonia and die?" At that last sentence I lost it, as we both began to laugh.

"You can't even get pneumonia from the cold dummy! That's a myth!" I said through my laughter. Our eyes met once more, as he smiled down on me, knowing he'd won.

"So you'll stay for the night?"

"I mean, it is cold outside" I took his hand and we sat back down on the couch, soon falling asleep in the soft glow of the christmas tree.

For once, I was thankful it was cold outside.

A/n: I hope that was alright... more imagines coming soon I hope