068. jeans

This was a request from idk_123445 a really long time ago. I changed the entire plot a from the initial request but I like it better this way

The sun was just rising in the sky, illuminating what seemed like the entire world. It was still foggy out, a tad rainy on this particular day, but at least it wasn't overly hot. The vibrating sound of Jughead's phone against the wood of the nightstand was the sound that had woken him up. It startled him enough to wake him up, but not enough to leave him fully awake. He was still in a groggy mindset as he reached over and tried to turn off his phone, not even bothering to open his eyes. Unfortunately for him, he knocked the device off the stand and onto the tan carpet with a thud.

"Shit" He murmured to himself, opening his eyes and reaching down to get the still vibrating phone. He turned off the alarm and allowed himself to sit for a moment and let his mind catch up to his body. Once satisfied, he checked his surroundings only to realize he wasn't in his own room.

Instead, he was in his girlfriends room, surrounded by the ( wall color ) colored walls and pictures of her and her family on the desk that was beside the window. He sighed, wondering if his dad had came home the previous night, to even notice he wasn't there. It wasn't a rare occurrence for Jughead to stay with Y/n overnight, he practically lived with her. Although things with his dad were getting better- they weren't 100% yet, and both Y/n and Jug felt safer with him staying over at her house, where he was indefinitely out of harm's way.

Checking the time on his phone, he knew he was behind schedule. He quickly scanned the room for his discarded jeans from the day before, although they were nowhere to be found. However one thing that caught his eye was a neon pink sticky note stuck on Y/n's desk. He stumbled over to it, still not completely awake. Picking up the note and reading it aloud, it read;

"Off to school early, your bike is still on the side of the house. Love you, Y/n" He hadn't even realized he was alone in Y/n's room with no Y/n until he read the note. He discarded the note, still curious as to where the hell his pants were. He got the bright idea to check the laundry basket, but yet it was completely empty. Which could only mean one thing:  Y/n had most likely done a load of laundry before she left, leaving him pant-less for the day.

He slept in merely his boxers and a t-shirt, so he was completely screwed for school. But with the limited time he had, he worked with what he had. He reluctantly walked over to her dresser and went through her drawers. He felt like an idiot, especially since he knew where nothing was, which left him to go through every drawer, including opening the one that held her underwear, and other feminine things he had no interest in going through. Finally, at the bottom of the stack of drawers, he found her pants drawer. He was half tempted to take her leggings, but he came to the realization that he had to go to school with other people, and decided that wasn't the best option.

Pulling out a decent pair of blue jeans, he knew what he had to do. He slipped one leg in each hole and pulled them up. They were baggy on him, but he made it work by stealing one of her belts. He had to take the belt from inside her closet, and he knew it looked cool outside, so he said screw it and stole one of her hoodies too. In his defense, he did buy it for her as a christmas gift.

Y/n was a bigger-built girl. She had a wide-waist and a fairly bigger chest, overall she was just built bigger than him. But that was one of his favorite qualities of her's, it made her that much more huggable, and in the winter, she was his own personal heating system. It also meant that he could steal her clothes all the time, which was good for him, considering his past struggles with money.

He looked in the mirror that was hung on the back of her bedroom door, admitting to himself that he didn't look half bad. He grabbed his backpack that was hung over the back of her spinning desk chair, and headed out the door as quietly as possible, not wanting to draw any attention to himself, and silently praying her family was still asleep.

As soon as he left her room, he heard a door open behind him. He cringed as he turned his head back, just to make eye contact with Y/n's sibling, who silently shook their head and walked past him to the bathroom. He smirked slightly to himself, knowing what they must have thought as Jug out of Y/n's room with messy hair, not even in the clothes he came in. 

He hardly ever used his bike, the piece of junk hardly pedaled, but he made it work. He rode the short distance to the high school, shoving his bike into the bike rack and making his way through the front doors.

By this time, everyone had already began unpacking their belongings into their lockers and getting ready for their first class, waiting for the bell to ring- which Jug guessed would be in about 10 minutes. He however, didn't even bother going to his locker, since he forgot his books in his locker yesterday, so there wasn't anything to unpack.

He had no clue where Y/n would be, since the girl had so many hobbies and activities that it was hard for him to keep track of his busy-bee girlfriend. None-the-less he headed over to the student lounge, hoping to bump into one of his friends or acquaintances, and even on the slight chance he didn't, he could still get himself a snack from the vending machine.

Sure enough, as he walked into the lounge, he laid eyes on his girlfriend making conversation with Betty Cooper. He tried not to get too excited, but instead walked calmly over to her and plopped down next to her, wrapping one arm around her in a side hug.

"Jug, hey! Sorry I left in such a rush this morning. Did you get here alright?" She asked, smiling at him as he desperately hoped she wouldn't notice the jeans... or the hoodie. "Yup. Yup. Uh, no problems at all." She smiled, kissing his cheek and going back to her conversation with the blond girl.

The bell rung at an ear shattering volume, only a few minutes later, signaling that they all needed to migrate to their classes. Jug grabbed his bag as he waited for Y/n to finish up with Betty, so he could wish her goodbye before taking off to Social Studies, while she went to English.

"See ya, Betty." She said, waving goodbye to her friend and turning to Jug. "Walk me to class?" He nodded and grabbed her hand as they began to walk. It was only a few classrooms out of his way, so he never really minded her request. The door to the classroom was left open, and from outside the door you could see her teacher digging through the files on his desk.

"Well I better go," She said, turning to him and pulling him closer so she could say something into his ear. "Oh and... nice jeans by the way" She smirked to him as he laughed, clearly embarrassed that she'd noticed. It wasn't hard to tell, the jeans weren't exactly his style. He gave her one last smile before turning and walking away.

"Hey!" She called to him, making him turn back around from down the hallway. "Your ass looks good in my jeans" His mouth hung slightly open at her comment, and his cheeks went red from the fact that she'd yelled it for the world to hear. However before he could respond, she laughed and ducked inside the classroom.