049. kisses and forgiveness

A/n: This is a request from tifuu13 this took way longer than I intended.

Y/n's pov:

Another fall night in riverdale, the chilly autumn air, making goosebumps on my bare arms. I shivered, but continued walking till I saw the illuminated diner. It was there I was supposed to meet my beanie-wearing boyfriend, for our usual date of milkshakes and small talk.

I stepped into the diner, my eyes scanning for Jughead. I spotted him in the booth all the way to the left, typing away on his laptop. I made my way over to him, seeing he had already ordered my Y/f/f milkshake.

"Hey handsome" I say, hoping he would acknowledged my existence. He glanced up at me, a bright smile forming on his face as he shut his laptop.

"Hi. How was your day?"

"It was alright. Ms. Bell was giving me a hard time because I need a new lock on my locker. But it's not my fault the stupid thing refuses to open! I swear, it hates me." I laugh, but my laughter soon died as I realized Jug wasn't paying attention, but instead checking his phone, under the table; his eyebrows furrowing at whatever was on the small screen.

"Hey, what's wrong?"

"Me? Oh- Nothing. It's just something Betty needs help with." He gave me a look, silently asking for permission.

"Go ahead Jug, do what you have to do." He got up happily from his seat, grabbing his bag and kissing my forehead.

"Thank you. I'll call you later, bye!" He called to me, as he dashed out the door, seeming a little too excited to help Betty.

So there I was, lonely in a booth at Pop's, sipping my milkshake and wishing I were somewhere else, away from the embarrassment of being alone.

~2 weeks later~

Exactly two weeks had passed since Jug left our date to help Betty, and things had only gotten worse from then. He hardly texted or called me anymore, and when we were in school, our contact was kept at a minimum, even more than usual, considering we don't have any classes together beside lunch.

I decided I would just avoid him, to distance myself, to see how long it would take for him to notice. Though avoiding him made me feel worse than I already did. I was lonely without him, I didn't feel important anymore, like I was just a second choice.

"Y/n" Someone says, almost jumping on my back, but it was more of a hug than an attack. I spin around to see the boy that I was just thinking about, and had been thinking about, and was always thinking about.

"What's up with you lately, you haven't been talking to me. Did I do something wrong?" He asks, leaning on the lockers in front of me. I answered his question with silence, knowing he'd put two and two together and figure it out.

"Is this about Betty? If it is, than I swear, it's only for our science project. You have nothing to be jealous of-"

"Jealous? You think I'm jealous? I'm not jealous, I'm mad. I'm mad that you keep blowing me off and ignoring me, pretending I don't even exist." He opened his mouth, ready to respond, but quickly closed it, thinking about what to say.

"I love you. And I'm sorry"

"That's the best you've got?"

"You always say sorry goes a long way. Your words, not mine." He joked, putting his hands in mine. I knew I couldn't stay mad at him for long, but I thought I could last more than a day.

"I also say 'kiss your girlfriend and she'll forgive you'"

"I've never heard you say that"

"I just did"

"Good point" He said, cupping my cheeks in his hands and pulling my lips onto his. I savored the kiss, but quickly pulled away, knowing how uncomfortable we both were with PDA.

"Alright, go to class. I'll see you later" He winked to me, as he shoved me in the direction of my class.

A/n: Not sure how I feel about this...