067. bedtime Stories

A/n: I'm exhausted with like 14 requests and 9 draft imagines, so here's this I guess idk just read it.

3rd person pov:

Most people stop getting bedtimes stories read to them by the time they're about 6 or 7. However, that was not the case with Y/n Andrews. Fred used to read to her and Archie every night consistently until they were about 8, when Mary moved out and things began to get hectic. After that, Fred would constantly work late, so Y/n took over reading before bed, since Archie couldn't read well.

After she stopped reading to Archie, since he got 'too old' and lost interest, she still read by herself every night. But once sophomore year came around, she found someone who loved to read as much as her... Jughead Jones.

Jughead was a childhood friend, the son of Fred's best friend, FP. Jughead would come and go, his home troubles interfering with his friendships, which Y/n had only come to learn when the two of them reconnected.

One thing led to another and they began dating. They were perfect together, and even now, over a year later, they're still happy together. Jug would always stay the night, climbing through Y/n's window, so he could cuddle with her before he drifted to sleep, and to give her peace of mind, knowing he had a roof over his head and a nice warm bed to sleep in, since his home situation didn't always promise that.

So naturally, she made him read with her before bed every night, hardly ever missing a day.

"Ugh, we've read every book up there Y/n" Jug sighed as he sat on Y/n's bed, watching as she scanned her 4 foot tall book shelf, looking for a book they hadn't yet read. They had been reading together for so long they constantly needed to buy more books, for they wanted new content instead of re-reading the old books.

Her eyes landed upon a stack of large books that were piled in the bottom corner of the bookshelf. You could almost see the lightbulb go off in her brain as she knew what she wanted to read. She excitedly ran over to Jug, shoving her hands over his eyes.

"Don't look!" She yelled, making him cover his own eyes as she walked back to retrieve the books. Sitting down on the opposite side from him, tossing the books down on the bed in between them.

"Okay... open" She said with a childish laugh.

Jug opened his eyes, looking at the stacks of books lying on the bed. He picked up one of the books, the pink print on the front reading: DISNEY PRINCESS STORIES. He almost laughed, looking at the other four books lying there, ranging from Disney, to Dr. Suess, to classic nursery rymes.

"Y/n, these are children's books" He stated, which sounded like a question, as if he were making sure she knew.

"Yes I'm aware... Are you saying you won't read them with me?" He scoffed, looking back at her, wondering if she was serious. "What? Is Jughead Jones too tough to read bedtime stories with me?"

"I- okay" He sighed, knowing he couldn't argue with her.

She clapped her hands together, her face lighting up with a guilty smile. He moved back, so his back was against the pillows on her bed, as she nuzzled her head under his arm. Her head was placed on his chest, as she struggled to pull the blanket up over them. But once the two got settled, he opened the pink book in front of him with caution.

"Once Upon a Time... oh god it's one of those stories?"

"Just shut up and read Jughead"

"Okay, okay..." He sighed, continuing to read the story.

~~~

She giggled along with the story, making him smile like an idiot at how adorable she was. But after awhile her commentary and giggling slowed down. It only took them a few minutes to read the whole story, but he could see Y/n's eyes getting heavy as her breathing got heavier, and he was just waiting for her to fall asleep. He would never admit it, but he was enjoying the story, so even though she was about to doze off, he picked up another book, continuing to softly read aloud.

"Happily Ever After" Was all that was heard as he finished the second story.

He glanced down at Y/n, who's mouth was slightly ajar as little snores came from her mouth. He smiled, admiring her cuteness as he pushed a loose strand of hair behind her ear. He leaned his face down, kissing the top of her head.

Reaching over to her bedside table, he turned off the lamp that was providing just enough light for them to read. The room went dark with just one click, and although he couldn't see her, he knew she was still fast asleep. She rolled over once he shifted the slightest bit, her back now facing him. His head hit the pillow as he pulled her body into his, wrapping his arm around her and kissing her cheek once more.

"Goodnight Y/n" He whispered, getting a sleepy grunt in response.

That was probably really bad but it's whatever. Anyways my birthday is tomorrow (April 5th) if yall wanna wish me a happy birthday. Also if I write a bunch of birthday imagines (which I won't) that's why