047. grocery Store

Y/n's pov:

Thursday had rolled around once again, meaning it was my day to go grocery shopping once more. It was extremely hot outside, even if it was the middle of summer. Walking into the store, the fresh air conditioning drawing the heat out of my body. I walked over to the first worker I saw, who was stacking shelves full of canned vegetables.

"Excuse me." I said politely. The moment he turned around, time froze. He was the most beautiful human being I'd ever laid eyes on. He was wearing a traditional store uniform, a white button-up shirt, black pants and a black apron. A gray beanie lay on top of his fluffy curls and his name tag was drawn over, with "Forsythe" crossed out and "Jughead" scribbled instead.

"Hi. How can I help you?"

"I-I... I'm in desperate need of some... P-Popsicles." I stuttered, taken aback by how handsome he was.

"Oh, right this way." He said, leading me to the freezer aisle where the popsicles were kept.

"Thank you very much, Forsythe?" I questioned.

"Jughead. The name's crossed off for a reason." He smiled at me and walked back to the aisle he was in before.

~A few weeks later~

Over the past couple of weeks, I'd been flirting non-stop with Jughead. Every Thursday, I made it my job to find him in the store and ask him to help me find something, every minute we spent together just urged me to work up the courage to ask him for his number. We'd actually become, sorta, friends.

I pace up and down the aisles, looking for where my favorite beanie-wearing employee is. There was not that many people in the store at the time, so I could hear it when someone laughed, and I immediately recognized the laugh as Jughead's. I fixed my hair anxiously and strolled to the front of the store, where I found Jughead standing behind a cash register, with nobody anywhere near him.

"Oh hey Y/n. What do you need today?" He asked, a hint of sarcasm in his voice. I muster up all of my courage and respond,

"Your number?" I regretted it immediately, knowing I just made a complete fool of myself. He looks at me and smirks.

"We don't sell that here."

"You know what, never mind. This was a bad idea, you're probably not single anyways, sorry-" I ramble. He cuts me off by reaching over the counter and grabbing my shirt, pulling me in for an over-the-counter kiss. I pulled away, smiling like a complete idiot. He was still leaned over the counter, and our faces were still close, when he whispered,

"I'm kidding. Give me your phone" I fumbled around in my back pocket fishing around for my phone.

"Hey, no kissing on the job!" Someone yells from behind me. I turn my head to see a good looking guy, around my age, wearing the same uniform as Jug.

"Shut up Fangs!" Jug yells back and takes my phone from my hand, inserting his number and handing it back to me. I smile and wish him a small 'bye' before turning and walking the other way, still in shock from what just happened.

"Hey Y/n!"

"Yeah?"

"I don't get a kiss goodbye?"