008. jealousy

A/n: Weird question, but do you call it a 'swimsuit' or a 'bathing suit'?

Y/n's pov:

I kick the rock underneath my sandal as I walk, my hand still laced with his. We were headed down to Sweetwater swimming hole, where the serpents were having a party. It was less of a party, and more of a summer cookout. F.P and Tallboy were bringing their grills, planning to cook burgers and such.

"I'm not excited for this." He said, sounding like a whining child, dragging his feet on the ground. Anytime there's an outdoor event, or an event with people, he complains the whole time. He was especially moody today, due to his lack of sleep. He was up most of the night working on his novel or something. I fell asleep listening to rapid tapping on his keyboard, so I assumed he was working on something he was writing.

"Why? We're going to have fun. Stop being such a grump" I whine back, giving him a playful shove to which he groans in response. I spot Sweetpea and Toni in the distance, so I pull my hand away from Jug's and sprint towards them. I jumped on Sweetpea's back, latching myself to him.

"Hey Sweets!" I yelled in his ear.

"Y/n! Get off." He said, playfully throwing me off of him. I landed on my feet, turning back towards Jughead, who was talking with his father.

"Race you to the water" Sweetpea challenged, removing his shirt and running into the water.

"That's not fair!" I yell to him, as I struggle to take off the remaining clothes I was wearing, to reveal my swimsuit. Once I got down to my swimsuit, I followed after him.

Sweetpea and I grew up around each other, our fathers worked together for a while, meaning we would constantly have playdates, and our favorite thing to do as kids, and still now, was swim. Him and I had always had a special bond, something I could tell, made Jughead uncomfortable, since he couldn't see that it was purely platonic- a brother/sister type of bond.

"I'm hungry, I'm gonna go eat" I called to Sweetpea, who got out of the water along with me. I walk over to where all of my clothes were, including the towel I brought. I wrapped it around myself and walked over to where Jughead was, talking with Toni.

"Hey Toni" I smiled to her, resting my head on Jug's arm.

"Get off, you're all wet" He snapped, yanking his arm away.

"Fine, you didn't have to be an asshole about it" I said, walking back towards Sweetpea. I understood why Jug was in a bad mood, but he never learned how to control his emotions, and always ended up taking them out on me.

I sat next to Sweetpea, who was sitting next to a bowl of green grapes, his favorite. His hair was dripping wet as he scrolled through his phone, not a care in the world. There was one grape left in the bowl, which I popped in my mouth as I sat down.

"You ass," Sweet pea said with a smirk, tossing his phone to the side and lunging at me. He began to tickle my sides, something people often did, which I never understood. However I was extremely ticklish, so this sent me into a fit of laughter. The place was pretty loud, and there were loads of people there, so I wasn't too worried about being loud.

"Sweetpea get your hands off my girlfriend!" Jughead yelled. We both stopped what we were doing and looked up at him, his face full of pure anger. I almost laughed, confused and somewhat shocked.

"Chill out Jones, we were just having some fun, try it sometime."

"Don't tell me to chill out, you would do the same for your girlfriend. But you don't have a girlfriend because you're an asshole and nobody likes you." Jug said, which sent my hand flying over my mouth. I didn't have time to step in, because they kept going.

"Well if I had a girlfriend, I would treat her better then you treat Y/n. I would do stuff with her and I would kiss her in public, I would let the world know that we were dating. I would treat her like a queen. Just like Y/n should be treated."

It was that last comment that sent Jughead over the edge, he tackled Sweetpea and punched him repeatedly. Sweetpea kept hitting Jughead in the back until he rolled over so he was now on top. His arms began swinging at Jughead and wouldn't stop. It kept going back and forth while I was yelling for them to stop. Toni rushed over and pulled me back, so I wouldn't get hit. Fangs and Tallboy ran over as well, separating the two boys.

"Oh. My. God." I gasped as I saw the sight in front of me. Two boys, both covered in blood, black eyes, bruised stomachs, and bleeding fists.

"Stay away from Y/n" Jughead breathed out. He walked past me, muttering,

"Have fun with your boyfriend" I tried to stop him, but he pushed me off, grabbing his stuff and walking off. I ignored the few tears that had escaped my eyes, and walked over to the other boy.

"Are you alright?"

"I'm okay. I'll be fine" He said, his voice barely audible.

"Don't tell me you're mad at me too."

"No, of course not, this is between me and Jughead, I'm sorry I started problems between you and him."

"It's fine, I'll try my best to fix it. I think we all need time to cool off" I said and he nodded. I examined the bruises on his face and body, Jug really did a number on him.

"I'll help you get cleaned up"

~~~

After I finished everything with Sweetpea, I walked back to Jug's trailer, because I assumed that's where he would go. I twisted the doorknob, and the door opened immediately. I peered inside to see there were things scattered everywhere, more than usual anyway. The tables were flipped, the chairs knocked over, things thrown everywhere. I listen closely and I heard a breathing noise, though it was heavier than normal breathing. I turned the corner to see Jughead, with his knees to his chest, crying silently into his hands.

"Juggie," I whispered, sitting beside him on the ground. As soon as he heard my voice, he un-tucked himself from the position he was in and wrapped his arms around me, so tight it was hard for me to breathe.

"Jug- Let go. I can't breathe."

"Sorry." He muttered with a slight laugh, sniffling and rubbing his eyes.

"I'm so sorry-" I began, him cutting me off mid-sentence.

"No. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said those things. I was just so jealous. I don't know why, I know there was nothing going on, but-" He rambled desperately. I cut him off by kissing his lips.

"It's alright. It's over and done with. Now, how about I pop some popcorn and we can watch Netflix or something." He smiled and nodded, watching me as I went to cook the snack. A few minutes later I came back with the hot bowl of popcorn, and sat down on the couch next to him.He leaned his head on my shoulder, his face still partially wet from the tears. I knew he was mostly just tired, and I wasn't that upset with him. They're boys, they fight normally, and I knew it would all work out in the end.

"What took you so long to get here earlier?"

"Well, I had to clean up Sweetpea's face"

"I really messed him up, didn't I?" He said, sounding almost proud.

"Forsythe, don't start."

"Okay, okay, I won't."

I really don't like this one