022. brainwashed [02]

Jughead's pov:

I threw on my serpent jacket and got in the truck Sweet Pea let me borrow. My knuckles turn white as I imagine where Y/n could be. I anxiously drove to the address Betty gave me and pulled around the back to parked in the nearby woods, leaving myself the perfect escape route. Kevin told me that when this building was still the sisters of quiet mercy, they broke Cheryl out using a hidden exit through the back.

I crept to the door and tested to see if it was unlocked. It was predictably locked. I pried the door open with my crowbar, only to find the entrance was bricked up. Meaning, I have to find another way in.

I strolled to the front to see the double doors unguarded and unlocked. It was almost too easy.

Entering the building, the pungent smell filled my nose. The source of the smell was unknown. Confusion and fear floods my body as I walk down the halls to find them empty.

There's a hallway leading down to set of doors, glowing with a cross. In that same hallway, are multiple rooms, each with a window on the door. I peer into the window on the first door, to see two girls, each on a different bed, reading. I check the next door, just two boys playing chess. I search door after door until I find it. Y/n's room.

I open the door to find her sitting on the bed. I freeze at the sight of her. She's thin, pale, sick looking almost. Her serpent jacket and black jeans were traded for all white.

"Hi, Y/n" I say, approaching her cautiously. After people encounter the farm, they change.

"Oh hi Jughead. What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to rescue you. Come on, we're leaving." I grab her arm and pull her up.

"No! I don't want to leave. Edgar healed me. Why would I leave?"

"No, Y/n. You don't know what you're saying. Come on, we're going home."

"This is my home now Jughead" She says and sits back on the bed.

"Oh, baby, they've got you brainwashed." I say as I sit down next to her. Looking into her eyes, I can tell that she doesn't remember anything. She doesn't remember her friends or life outside the farm. Worst of all, I don't think she remembers me. All the memories of us, wiped from her brain

"Everyone misses you. Archie, Betty, Veronica, Sweet Pea. They all miss you a lot." I say, trying anything to make her remember. To get her back to being Y/n. The real Y/n. She stills stays silent.

"I miss you too Y/n/n. I miss seeing you everyday, and going on dates, and your smile and laugh. I definitely miss your hugs." Her eyes soften as she looks at me.

"See, I told you he was in here." Someone say from behind me. I turn around to see Evelyn Evernever, the weird farm leader from school and a few other people. Two of them tall, strong men in the back, bodyguards probably. But the man in the front, he was different. I assumed he was their leader, Edgar Evernever.

"You're Jughead right?" Edgar said.

"Yes, I am. I'm here to get Y/n. To bring her home."

"Y/n, is home here. She's doing well here. We're not going to let you ruin her." Evelyn pipes in from the back.

I feel a hand interlace with mine and Y/n appear at my side. I smile at her.

"I want to leave. Thank you for everything you've done. But it's time for me to go home."

"Oh child, you don't know what you're saying. Guys, remove this imposter from the premises." Edgar orders. Without thinking, I whip out my switchblade.

"Don't take another step. I'm taking Y/n and we're leaving."

"Fine. Take her. She'll be back though. When you let her down, she'll be back." I grab her hand and walk out of the room.

"They won't just let me leave. We have to run." I nod and we sprint out of the building.

"Catch them, you idiots!" Edgar yells as we reach the edge of the woods.

"Jug! They'll catch us. I know they will. Just leave me here."

"No, Y/n. Come on. We'll make it." We made it to the truck just in time. I start the engine and drive out of there, past the house of horrors. Towards freedom.

We drive in silence, all the way back to my trailer. I parked and walked around the truck to get Y/n out of the passenger seat.

"Come on babe, let's get you inside."

"I'll grab you something to wear for the night." I say and toss her a pair of my sweatpants and one of my S t-shirts.

After she gets changed, I put on Netflix and we lay down. I put my arm around her waist and she winces.

"Hey, what's wrong? Did they hurt you?" She sits up,

"Yeah, just a little." She lifts her shirt to reveal a huge scar.

"Woah! Wait, what happened?"

"They did some type of surgery on me. I don't know what it was. I think they took an organ out or something,"

"Oh my god, Y/n" I cradle her in my arms. Why her. Why my Y/n?

"It's ok, the nightmare's over. I'm here now. Goodnight Y/n/n."

"Goodnight Juggie. Thank you for saving me."