031. i hate you

This was a request from @StelLa_Grant5. Hope you like it.

Tiny warning: Chuck being Chuck

Y/n's pov:

"Can I get you anything else Forsythe?" I asked, putting on a fake smile as I refilled the beanie-wearing boy's coffee. Me and Jughead have had an ongoing feud since I moved here 3 years ago. They're wasn't a specific reason we hated each other, we just did.

"Stop calling me that. And if you don't mind, I'd like a new waitress." He said, rolling his eyes. I could feel his attitude radiating off of him like the heat from the sun.

"You know wha-" I began, only to be cut off by Betty's voice as she entered Pop's.

"Guys stop fighting!" Me and Jughead shared a look before I turned to Betty.

"What's up Betts? Can I get you anything?"

"No, I'm good. Didn't you hear? They're closing down Pop's." 

"They're what?" Me and Jughead shouted at the same time. If we weren't in such awful circumstances, I would have found that odd and disgusting. 

"After Mr. Andrews was attacked, Pop's business started staggering. But never fear, I have a plan. I talked to Pop and pulled some strings but it's official, we're having a fundraiser for the diner. Everyone's going to be helping out with waiting tables and working in the kitchen, it's going to be crazy, I even convinced the Pussycats to perform. I was hoping since you both love Pop's so much, you would want to help out." She rambled, handing us flyers for her fundraiser. Pop's has been my safe space since I moved here, I want to do anything I can to help it.

"Of course we'll help." I said.

"You don't speak for me Y/n. But yeah, I'm in." I rolled my eyes. I hate Jughead Jones.

~At the fundraiser~

I walk into the small diner, packed with people who love Pop's burgers and milkshakes, just like I do. Making my way behind the counter, I bump into someone. Someone with a gray beanie.

"Y/n, so lovely of you to join us." Jughead said sarcastically. I pretended not to notice him looking me up and down, intrigued by the uniform I was wearing. A yellow scoop-neck t-shirt with the signature Pop's logo on it and tiny maroon shorts. Not to toot my own horn, but I was working it.

"You look ridiculous. I hope you know that." I laughed as I examined his uniform. He was in an all white uniform. White pants, a white shirt, a white apron and a maroon bow-tie, and of course, his iconic gray crown beanie.

"You look-... Well.... I mean-" He stuttered. I smirked at him, prepared to argue with him all night, but I knew I had to get back to work, so I strutted off muttering,

"Wow what a burn."

I began to wait tables, as usual. I had been working at Pop's for at least two years, and since then, my entire life is devoted to waiting tables. Walking over to a table, I noticed a group of Bulldogs waving me down. Approaching the table, I see the most popular jocks, all at one table. There's Chuck Clayton and Moose Mason on one side and Reggie Mantel and Trev Brown on the other.

"Hello fellas. What can I get for you tonight?" I smiled to them, even though deep down I was disgusted to be within 10 feet of them. Trev, I didn't have a problem with, he just got roped in with the wrong crowd, but I can't say the same for the rest. Chuck and the team are misogynists and they downgrade women, starting that horrid playbook was only one example of how they mistreat girls.

"Y/n, you look hot" Chuck said, looking me up and down while biting his lip. As if that's supposed to do something.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer."

"Why take a picture when I could just have it." He smirked, reaching out and grabbing my thigh. Before I had a chance to react, a hand pulled Chuck's hand away. I looked over to see Jughead, staring angrily at Chuck.

"Beat it Chuck. Nobody wants you here." Everyone's attention was on Chuck now, leaving him with nothing to do but back down, without starting a fight. I sighed in relief as they all left the diner.

"Why'd you do that?" I asked.

"I hate Chuck. No girl should have to deal with that, not even one as awful as you." He answered, returning to his sarcastic self.

"And I never heard a thank you."

"Thank you Jughead." I replied, making a face at him.

~Later that night~

"Thank you guys for helping out so much. And getting along... For the most part." Betty laughed as we stood around talking in the empty diner. The night was a success and Pop's was staying open for sure.

"You're welcome. I'm gonna head home, it's getting late." I said grabbing my bag.

"I'll walk you home Y/n" Jughead offered. I debated whether or not to accept his offer.

"Sure, why not. I'd rather walk home with you than get kidnapped." I stated and walked out the door, Jughead following. We walked in silence, having nothing to talk about and not wanting to talk to each other anyway.

"So what's your favorite movie?" He asked, breaking the silence.

"Really? You're being nice to me now?"

"I'm just trying to make conversation, I'm not being nice, I have self-benefits from this, I promise."

"Well, if you must know, my favorite movie is Y/f/m" I said proudly.

"No way, me too. I used to play that all the time at the drive-in."

"Wait, there was a drive-in in Riverdale? I've always wanted to go to one." Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Jughead's expression change.

"I used to work there, it was amazing. But they closed it down. One of the worst days of my life." He said sadly. Our conversation went silent once again. I don't know why but all of a sudden, I blurted out,

"Why do you hate me so much?" Jughead looked at his feet, trying to find an answer, when I didn't believe there was one.

"It's more fun to hate you. I have too much fun arguing with you to stop, even though you're a good person, and kind, and smart, and funny, and pretty." He rambled blushing. All my feelings came rushing to the surface and before I knew what was going on my lips were on his. Did I initiate the kiss? Did he? Should we have done that?

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that." He apologized, pulling away. He looked at his feet in embarrassment.

"I didn't mind." His head shot up and he smiled at me, something I'd never thought I'd see. I pecked his lips one more time and kept walking.

"I still hate you, but I hate you less now." I said, with a smile. He grabbed my hand and we continued our walk home.