028. thief

A/n: This was a request from @StelLa_Grant5.

Warnings: Small amount of an abusive parent. That's pretty much it.

Y/n's pov:

"Lets see what we've scored today" I laughed to myself as I dumped out the contents of the bag. 2 wallets, a bracelet, a loose 20 dollar bill, a set of car keys and a cell phone. The joys of being a pickpocket. I heard the door slam and my father walked into the kitchen.

"Where'd you get all that?" He said, slurring his words. He was unsurprisingly drunk again.

"I stole it."

"I told you to stop doing that." He stumbled over to the table and examined my stolen treasures. He picked up the wallets and the cash, walking away with them. I didn't bother to try to take them back, I would just end up with another bruise anyway. If only mom was still alive, then I wouldn't have to steal. 

"I'm leaving!" I yelled upstairs. If he took my wallets, I'll just go steal myself something else. I walk down the streets of the northside, making my way to the other side of town. On the northside, everyone is peppy and prissy. But on the southside, their tough and ruthless. I prefer it on the southside, I could be myself. I moved to Riverdale about a year ago. Since then I have made no friends, and even worse, no enemies. Nobody even knows I exist in this town, and those who do, pretend they don't.

I walk carefully through the dimly-lit woods, coming to a clearing behind the trailer park.

"Jug! Wait, can we talk about this?" A redheaded boy yells from a few yards in front of me. I recognized him from school, his name is Archie Andrews. He plays football and guitar and is a real player, he has two girls fighting over him constantly and he never chooses. The boy he's yelling at is Jughead Jones, an emo-loner boy, who I also go to school with. Jughead's quiet but smart, and he always wears a gray beanie.

"No Archie, go home!" Jughead yelled back as he sat down on the steps leading to, what I assume is his trailer. I debate whether or not to walk away, but decide against it. I emerge from the forest and approach the boy.

"You okay? That fight seemed pretty harsh." His head shot up, and the expression on his face was unreadable.

"You heard that? Sorry, Archie was just being an ass." He stood up and I noticed something in his front pocket, something in the shape of a switchblade. I've been trying to get my hands on a switchblade for months.

"I'm Jughead." He said, introducing himself. 

"Well, Jughead, there's something in your hair." I got close to him and pretended to pick out something from the curls sticking out from his beanie, while my other hand slipped into his pocket and retrieved the blade. I smiled to him once I was done.

"Hey!" Someone yelled aggressively in my direction. I turn to see Archie running towards us. I've been caught. I sprint in the other direction, towards the Whyte Wyrm, the serpent bar.

"She just robbed you!" I turn my head quickly to see both boys chasing after me, Archie in front and Jughead following. I keep running, past the bar and into the alleys behind it. I maneuver my way around the dumpsters, coming to a dead end. I see the boys close by, I fall to the ground and cover my head, prepared for them to beat me up, it wouldn't be the first time.

"What are you doing?" Archie asks, slightly out of breath from running so far.

"Waiting for you to beat the crap out of me" I said, still curled into myself on the ground.

"We don't hit girls." I uncurled myself and looked up at them. My eyes stay glued to the brown-haired boy. He's insanely attractive, which is something I don't notice often. He extends his hand to me, picking me up off the ground.