026. unorthodox

Narrator's pov:

Archie and Jughead jump out of the train. The two boys were fleeing their hometown of Riverdale, in fear for Archie's life. There were very few places they would be safe. Luckily Jughead had the perfect idea of where to go. Toledo, to visit his mother. Walking onto the property, Jug felt uneasy. Would his mother let him stay? Or would she tell him to leave, like last time? Shaking the thoughts out of his head, he continued walking. 

"Jughead?" His mother yelled, surprised at seeing the boy. Turning to the redhead, they exchange greetings. After all the details are covered, Gladys starts to show the boys around her shop. It was nothing fancy, just a repair garage, with a housing area attached. The thing that made the place so special was that Gladys had taken in several teens, who worked for her and lived at the place as well.

"Hey J.b! Someone's here to see you." She yelled at her daughter. J.b's eyes lit up as she saw her big brother, leaping into his arms at once.

"Am I interrupting?" A voice says, entering the garage. Jughead spun around, curious to who the voice belonged to. He was met by the face of a girl. She was a pretty girl, the prettiest girl he'd ever seen.

"Oh, Y/n. You're just in time, I was about to come find you. There's someone I want you to meet, this is my son Jughead, oh and his pal Archie." The girl smiled at the two boys, while they waved sheepishly, still stunned by her beauty.

"I took some of the town's homeless kids in here. Y/n is my favorite one, she helps around here the most and really knows her way around a car." Gladys said, complementing the girl.

The boys continued to gawk until the thought dawned on Jughead. He's dating Betty, which means he can't watch the girl in amazement or think about how beautiful she was. Gladys walked away to prepare dinner, Y/n following. As the girl walked away, she could feel the boys' eyes follow her out.

~Time skip a few months~

Y/n's pov:

"I call shotgun!" J.b yelled excitedly as she tried to pull the door open. 

"Let Y/n have the front seat, J.b. She's older." She stuck her tongue out at me before climbing into the back seat. Gladys and J.b were moving back to their hometown of Riverdale, and Gladys knew I wouldn't have a place to live, so she offered to let me tag along.

"What do you think Dad's gonna say? About us bringing Y/n along." 

"I don't know J.b, I'm not worried about it either. She needs a family and we've been that to her for years, I can't abandon her now."

~Time skip to when they get there~

"Dad!" J.b yells, hugging her father. I've heard a lot about F.p, but I've never actually met him. I watch the family reunite, minus one member of the family, Jughead. I met Jughead a few months back when he came to visit. He's very attractive, with his beanie and his S t-shirts. But I heard he has a girlfriend.

"And who's this?" F.p asked, gesturing my direction. Gladys took the opportunity to explain who I was and how I was going to be living with them for a while.

"Mom? Jellybean?" Jughead says in a sleepy tone, stepping out of the trailer. He's lost his usual beanie and has a messy bedhead, he's in one of his S t-shirts and his boxers. I giggle internally, he's even cute when he sleeps.

~Time skip to later~

"Uh, Y/n. Me and my friends are meeting at Pop's if you want to come" Jughead offers, while I'm sitting on the couch reading. I kindly accept his offer and wave goodbye to the family. It's dark out and walking the streets of Riverdale at night is a lot scarier than it sounds. We walk in a slightly uncomfortable silence, until he says,