054. wallflower

A/n: 2 updates in one day? I'm on a roll...

I got this idea when watching glee- not that that's important

Jug's pov:

The gymnasium around me was shaking. Loud booming music combined with hundreds of high school students, high off excitement, dancing and jumping around- it was chaos. I made my way through the crowd, separated from my redhead friend, who was the one who convinced me to come to this stupid thing anyway. I set down my red solo cup on an empty table, I wasn't sure whether or not the punch was spiked, but either way, it tasted terrible.

And that's when I saw her, Y/n L/n. Standing there in a Y/f/c dress, one that hugged her curves perfectly, her hair was all done up, she looked stunning. Out of the entire gym filled with pretty girls, she was by far the best one. Not Betty, not Veronica, not Cheryl, Y/n. As I got closer, I could see she looked upset, her arms crossed and her lips were turned into a frown.

"Being a wallflower as usual?"

"Of course" She replied, her frown turning into a smile when she saw me. It gave my stomach butterflies, knowing I was the one who put that smile on her face.

"Why are you all alone?"

"Betty and Veronica dragged me here, but they're over there being social, something I'm not particularly good at. But what about you? Why are you being a loner too?"

"Pretty much the same reason, Archie insisted I come, and now he's over there shoving his tongue down Veronica's throat" I said nodding my head over towards where Archie and Veronica were making out. She gave me a disgusted look, both of us equally grossed out by PDA.

"I'm glad you're here Y/n. At least I get to hang out with you, it'll make coming to this dance at least a little worth it..." I attempt to send her a charming smile, but I'm not sure it worked. She didn't seem to notice though, instead looking to the other side of the gym, where there were a group of girls sitting, patiently waiting for their dream guy to ask them to dance

"I hate school dances, it's pathetic, watching girls sit around, waiting for guys to want to dance with them. It's degrading." I start to fiddle with the rings on my hands, wanting to make a move, but not sure how.

"You- You wanna dance?" I ask, offering her my hand, which she takes, beginning to laugh.

I take her out to the dance floor, knowing I'm about to humiliate myself with my awful dance moves. As soon as we get to a spot to dance, the song changes... into a slow song.

"This just got awkward-"

"Not at all" She says, grabbing my hands and placing them on her waist, which immediately makes my face go bright red. She snakes her arms around my neck, looking at me, not a slight bit of uncomfort in her eyes, while I stood there, my hands on her hips, blushing so hard I thought I was about to faint.

"See? It's not hard" She pulls me closer, the lack of distance between us making my heart speed up. I wasn't sure if I was hyperventilating, but it felt like it. And yet she still looked at me, innocent as ever, as if she wasn't the reason I was about to pass out. I hate how she makes me feel so weirdly gushy, and yet she has no idea.

"Y-You... You look really beautiful tonight. Like really beautiful. Like the most beautiful girl I ever saw."

"Why thank you-" She giggled, making me realize how stupid I sound. "Do you have anything else to say weirdo?"

"I-uh..... I like flowers... Wall flowers? Wait that came out wrong.... I meant that since you're a wallflower- that was supposed to be funny-" I rambled, but was cut short by her pressing her lips to mine. The butterflies that were in my stomach traveled everywhere in my body, I got goosebumps, my heart rate picked up even more... I felt so great, in that moment, I never wanted to leave. I had just peaked, never in my life had anything better ever happened.

The music stopped and everyone began to clap. Y/n pulled away and began clapping too, acting as if nothing had just happened. I stood, stunned, feeling like I was floating. That's when I felt her hand slip into mine, and I was met by the bright Y/e/c eyes of Y/n.

"Why don't we get out of here?" I nodded like a robot, not sure what was happening, but I was happy as long as I was next to her. She led me out of gym and into the night, our adventures just beginning.

This imagine is amazing- I love it. And you know it's good if I'm saying it's good.