062. I'm not gay (x male reader)

A/n: This is one of the only Jughead X Male readers I plan on doing (I prefer doing x female readers)

This was requested by (still determining who requested this) I changed the entire plot but I love the way it came out

3rd person pov:

"Alright, who's ready to PARTY?" Reggie yelled obnoxiously, to which the group replied with a series of whoops and screams of excitement. A large group of kids from Riverdale High were taking a long weekend trip to Grimsby, a town an hour away from Riverdale. Grimsby had sick beaches and tons of things to do, and the gang needed an escape.

The group of kids consisted of Archie and Veronica, Betty and Reggie, Toni and Cheryl, and Y/n and Jughead. Everyone had their pairs, Veronica and Archie were dating, Cheryl and Toni had recently began dating, and Betty and Reggie were constantly flirting to the point where it was unclear what they were. Kevin and Josie were supposed to be in attendance, though they had to cancel due to a family emergency. So Jughead was left with Y/n.

Y/n was an innocent, fluffy haired boy, who had moved to Riverdale a little more than a year ago. He was kind, and sweet, and everyone seemed to like him, even when they found out he was gay. The group was very diverse, Josie was black, Kevin was gay, Cheryl was a lesbian, and Toni was bisexual, so nobody really cared when he came out.

That was... except for Jughead. Jughead wasn't homophobic in the least bit, he accepted and loved everyone. But there was something about Y/n, something Jughead couldn't put his finger on. Jug felt weird whenever he was around him, almost uncomfortable.

Jughead Jones was certainly not a party goer, so he wasn't exactly looking forward to this trip. But he decided he would make the most of it, as he climbed in the back of Reggie's uncle's van, which he'd let Reggie borrow for the weekend.

"Alright you guys, let's get this party started!" Reggie yelled, starting the engine as they took off for Grimsby.

~~~

A van filled with 8 teens talking obnoxiously loud over the booming of a random Spotify playlist, was not the ideal place to write a novel, as Jughead would soon learn. He'd gotten stuck sitting next to Betty, who was giggling and gossiping with Veronica. His head began to pound as he wished he'd never agreed to this trip. 

Positive thoughts Jug, positive thoughts.

And his headache only grew as they piled into the lobby of the hotel they were staying at, which was poorly named, the Grimsby Beach Hotel and Resort. Jughead's gloomy thoughts continued as Archie attempted to get them all checked in, Jug's mind thinking of hundreds of names they could have named the shabby hotel.

"Guys we have four rooms: Me and Archie in room 208, Betty and Reggie in room 211, Cheryl and Toni in room 218, and Y/n and Jughead in room 220" Veronica announced to the eight of them, Jughead wanting to die in that very moment. Why did he have to be stuck with Y/n.

"I swear if I have to share a bed with him-" Jughead grumbled to himself, picking up his bag and walking to room 220.

Y/n shuffled behind at the end of the group, feeling extremely awkward. He knew Jughead hated him, and he didn't want to upset him more than he already had. So he stayed quiet, not drawing any attention to himself. The door to the room was ajar, and Y/n entered to see Jug frustratedly unpacking his bags, getting settled in. Luckily for the both of them there were two beds, which they both were grateful for.

15 or so minutes of uncomfortable silence went by as they both unpacked, Jughead cursing under his breath and Y/n pretending not to hear him.

"Jughead, I know you don't like me, and I'm sorry if I ever did anything to upset you. I can ask if anyone wants to switch rooms-"