015. invisible

This idea is from Chanelypop She gave me so many ideas for this book, so you will probably see her name a lot.

Jughead's pov:

"Alright Y/n, are you ready to meet the gang?" I smiled to her, while she didn't return the enthusiasm.

Me and Y/n had been friends for a few months. I'm pretty much her only friend, she doesn't like most people, her anxiety and trust issues getting in the way of many potential friendships. I keep trying to introduce her to Betty, Archie, Veronica, and Kevin, who've been begging to meet her, but she always disappears before I can. They're starting to believe she's a figment of my imagination.

"Jug, please don't make me" Y/n pleaded, clinging to my arm and giving me her best puppy dog eyes.

"Y/n, they will love you, I promise."

"But Juggie, I have to keep up my image" I laughed, thinking it was a joke, but the look on her face said otherwise.

"Uh- What...What image?"

"You know, my image: new, weird girl with no friends, practically invisible."

"You're not invisible to me"

"Thanks, because that makes me feel so much better. The school's weirdo thinks the other schools weirdo is cool- how pathetic."

"I'm gonna ignore that comment. But c'mon, I'm not letting you disappear." She looked at me, as if she were about to run for her life. I would throw her over my shoulder, as Archie would sometimes do with Veronica, but I'm not nearly that strong. So instead I did the next best thing,

I grabbed her by her arm and dragged her halfway across the school yard all the way to out lunch table. She didn't appreciate being pulled, leading to her punching me repeatedly in the arm, while others stared at us, wondering what the hell was happening.

Once we got to the table, we were met by the confused and concerned faces of the four.

"Hey guys, this is Y/n. Y/n, this is Kevin, Archie, Betty, and Veronica" Y/n gave a sheepish wave, while the others greeted her warmly, still confused.

Over lunch, Y/n was quiet as usual, Veronica and Kevin doing most of the talking. The conversation mostly consisting of gossip. Once it began to get quiet, I knew it was the right time. My breathing quickened and my palms got sweaty, giving me this feeling of nervousness I'd never experienced before.

"Hey Y/n?" I say lowly next to her, she turned her head and hummed in response. "I was wondering if uh, you wanted to be my girlfriend" There was a moment of silence, the entire table catching on to what was happening... I was being rejected.

"Huh?"

"Y/n, a girlfriend is someone who is more than friend" Veronica said before Archie silenced her by covering her mouth with his hand.

"But why?"

"Because I like you Y/n, you're the greatest girl I ever met. You're my favorite person to do everything with: Watch movies, talk to, study with. You're funny, smart, and you're weird like me. And I know you think you're invisible, but you're not. I promise you, you're not invisible to me. I see you, and I want you to be mine"

"Oh... yeah. Yeah, I will." She still looked unsure, and I'm not sure why, or how, but I cupped her cheek and placed a kiss on her lips. To my surprise, she didn't pull away, instead... she smiled.

And from then on out Y/n L/n was no longer invisible, at least, not to me. But then again, she never was.