027. everyone needs a Jughead

A/n: I had no idea what to call this one, so that's why the title's so weird. Enjoy.

Y/n's pov:

"Are you going to that stupid party this weekend?" Jug asked me over the phone.

"Yeah, Veronica's making me go. She thinks I don't socialize enough, what about you? Are you going?"

"Unfortunately yes. Archie's forcing me to go." He sighed

"Ah, what great friends we have. At least we can hang out together, so we don't look like loners."

"Only on the inside. Uh, Y/n, I gotta go. I'll call you later, bye." He said and hung up.

~Saturday~

"Now this is the one." Veronica squealed, holding a short black, romper with long sleeves up to my body.

"V, I love you, but it's not that kind of party. It's more of a jeans and a cute t-shirt occasion."

"You're not getting out of this. Go put it on!" I groaned and stomped to the bathroom. Looking in the mirror, I see that I actually look kinda cute. Stepping out of the bathroom, I turn to Veronica, who is grinning excessively.

"Now, we have to glam you up. Oh my gosh, this is a dream come true! I can't believe Y/n Andrews is going to a party and letting me make her look cute." She giggled and began to do my hair and makeup.

~At the party~

"Veronica, stay close. I don't want to get lost with all of these animals." I said to her over the loud, booming music and the voices of the entire school.

"Ugh, you're no fun. Oh look Jughead, go be a introvert with him." She pushed me over to where he was, almost making me fall.

"Wow, Y/n. You look...different." He looked me up and down, as if trying to figure something out.

"Veronica made me wear this. I feel stupid."

"You don't look stupid. You look really pretty." He blushed, making me blush.

"I'm gonna go find Veronica." I stuttered, walking away. I roamed the house, trying to find my extrovert friend.

"Hey, Y/n! I didn't think you were going to come." Cheryl said, throwing her arm over my shoulder. She was drunk, for sure. After Jason died, she stopped caring about, everything. She dragged me into a long-lasting conversation, I'm not even sure what it was about. After she finally left, I went to go find Veronica.

I hear a loud laugh from the other room, which I immediately identify as Veronica. She has a laugh that is unmistakable. Walking around the corner, I see the most horrifying sight.

Betty Cooper, the perfect, peppy, girl-next-door, kissing Jughead Jones, the dark, cute boy from the wrong side of the tracks. The boy I've had a crush on since we were small. My head starts spinning and everything blurs.

Man, I need a drink.

Jughead's pov:

Everyone shouts as Betty kisses me. I got dragged into spin the bottle, though I really didn't want to play. She pulls away with a slight smile while I wipe her lip gloss off my lips. I sit uncomfortably while everyone continues the game.

After what feels like an eternity of sitting, staring at the wall like I usually do at parties, I hear someone yelling from the other room. I turn to the group, who's already running to see what's happening. I follow, getting to the dining room, to see Y/n on top of the table, yelling at Reggie.

"You're by far the worst person I've ever met Reginald!" She screamed as I try to push my way through the crowd of people. Chuck emerges from the other side of the crowd, making me push ever harder. Y/n and Chuck have a history, involving his playbook.

"Oh, never mind. Now you are the worst person I've ever met. I mean come on, nobody forgot about your playbook."

"Y/n, who even cares what you think. You're an embarrassment to your friends, the little that you have, and not to mention your family. I mean you have Archie, who is a jock and then there's you, the emo, loner, psychotic bitch." With that last comment, Y/n jumped off the table and started hitting Chuck. I used all my strength to push through the people and get to Y/n. I grab her waist and pull her off.

"Get your freak girlfriend out of here!" Reggie yelled, helping Chuck off the ground.

Y/n's pov:

I wake up, my head pounding. I look around the dark room, it's not my bedroom.

"Morning, well not really, it's 3:54, so I guess it is morning." I look next to me and Jughead's sitting next to me in the bed, writing on his laptop. I jump up, out of the bed, causing him to look at me.

"Where am I? How did I get here? What happened at-" I asked, beginning to ramble

"Calm down. You're in my room, in me and my dad's trailer. You were really drunk, so I brought you back here. I didn't want you to get in trouble with your dad, and I didn't want you to get in any more...drama." I was about to ask what he was talking about, when I noticed that I was wearing a baggy t-shirt, and the top part of my romper, was pulled down and tied around my waist. I looked to Jughead, who was reading my mind.

"I put that on you, because you spilled beer on your top. I would've given you sweatpants, but that would weird." My face went completely red.

"Don't freak out. You're my best friend, it's not a big deal. Plus, it wouldn't be the first time I saw you in just a bra" I laughed and cringed as the memory came to my head. He was referring to the time when we were 8, I had gotten my first bra, something Archie found hilarious, So Jughead came over to see Archie, and he took Jug up to my room. They burst in the door to find me dancing to music, in my bra. Archie fell to the floor with laughter, while Jughead just stood and stared. I ended up throwing things at them, specifically Archie, to make them leave.

"Ugh, how bad was I?" I asked, sitting down next to him and putting my head on his shoulder. I was afraid to know what I did while I was drunk.

"Well, you got on a table and yelled at Reggie, and then you beat the hell out of Chuck."

"Wait, I beat up Chuck? Cool." I said, sitting up from my previous position.

"Oh, yeah, and you told me you liked me." He said nonchalantly. I began to panic. He likes Betty and I don't want to mess up our friendship.

"Well, I was drunk."

"People are more truthful when they're drunk. It's a proven fact." I sit back in defeat, Jughead knows me better than anyone, which means he knows I'm lying.

"It's ok. I like you too." He whispers, slightly blushing again. I lay my head back on his shoulder, a bright smile forming on my face. He continued to type while I drifted to sleep.

If there was a lesson to be learned, it's that everyone needs a Jughead in their life.