038. foster Sister

Pairing: Jughead x Y/n L/n (because I said I'd tell you when Y/n isn't an andrews- so I'm doing that)

3rd person pov:

It was all over town. The news, the register, everyone was obsessed with the arrest of Fp Jones. That was, everyone except Jughead and his friends, the only people, it seemed, that didn't want to see him rot in a jail cell for the rest of his life. As for Jughead's living situation, that was also an issue. Fp was never a good father, which is what landed Jug without a home, that is before Archie and Fred took him in. He was happy for once, he had a home, friends, a girlfriend, nothing could be better. But of course, all good things come to an end.

"Are you ready to go Forsythe?" Ms. Weiss asked. She was one of the best social workers that Riverdale had, and she was nice enough to Jug, but still, he didn't want to move to the southside, change schools, or be taken to a foster home. He had lost all hope.

"As ready as I'll ever be I guess" He walked down the stairs, the sight in front of him deeply upsetting. Archie and Fred were standing by the door, worried looks on their faces. Jughead just felt embarrassed. Embarrassed about having to go to a foster home. Embarrassed that his dad murdered Jason. Embarrassed at how much his life sucked.

As he reached the bottom of the stairs, Fred wrapped his arms around him. From a very young age, Jug looked up to him as a father figure, to this day not much had changed. He was overcome with emotion, both good and bad, for he would miss seeing the both of them every day, but he was glad that they had let him stay for as long as they had.

"Bye Mr. Andrews" He said quietly as he broke the hug, moving on to the red-headed boy he called his best friend.

"Take care of Betty, ok?" He mumbled as he hugged Archie as well

"She'll be fine, Jug. I promise." He nodded and gave one final look around the house he'd called home for the past few months. He waved goodbye and stepped out of the door.

~Later~

The drive to the home he would be staying at, wasn't very long, which he was grateful for. The tension between him and Ms. Weiss was unbearable, he wanted to leave as soon as he could.

"Here it is" She stated, a bit too enthusiastically, as they pulled into the driveway of his new home. It was a large house, that was certain, but the peeling white paint and old navy-blue shutters gave Jughead a cliche, anxious feeling.

"Why hello! You must be Forsythe. I'm Agatha Sentry, you may call me Ms. Sentry. I'm very glad to have you as a new edition to our home." The old woman greeted them as they approached the door, she was clearly foster mother of the home. She wasted no time and immediately ushered them into the house, introducing him to all of the children and giving him a quick tour of the house, while Ms. Weiss followed behind. He counted 5 children so far, 3 boys, Kaiden, Zain, and Anthony, and 2 girls, Sophia and Kamryn. They were all younger for the most part, the oldest of them being only 11.

Ms. Sentry lead him down the last hallway, past the girls room and to another room, the white door closed unlike the others.

"Now your room placement isn't ideal, but it's the best we could do." He had no idea what 'ideal' clarified as, he didn't think it could get any worse. He was wrong. She opened the door, revealing 2 beds, opposite each other in the small room, one of the beds occupied by a girl around his age, Y/h/c hair with Y/f/c streaks, very emo looking. His only thought in the moment was, this will be fun.

"Call me if you need anything Forsythe" Ms. Weiss said to him as both the woman exited the room, leaving him with the girl. He put his bag down and sat on the bed uncomfortably.

"So what are you in for?" Y/n asked sarcastically, not looking up from the book she was reading, an Agatha Christie novel, one of his favorites.

"What?"

"Why are you here?" She clarified rudely, snapping her book shut.

"Oh. My dad got arrested for-"

"The murder of Jason Blossom" She finished. He stared at her, confused.

"I know who you are, Jughead. I do my research. I just wanted to see if you were honest, most people around here aren't." The room went quiet, the awkward conversation becoming more awkward with silence.

"So what are you in for?" He asked, turning the conversations towards her.

"Alcoholic dad, dead mom, nobody else wants me, so I'm here." She stated nonchalantly, going back to reading.

"I didn't catch your name"

"I didn't throw it" (Reference? I'm so sorry.)

"I'm Y/n. Y/n L/n." She laughed at her own joke, though he did not.

"So how old are you Y/n?" He questioned. It was no shock that he found her attractive, she was beautiful.

"I'm 15." She was only a year older than him, turning 16 only a few months ago. The worst birthday of his life. They continued to play 50 questions, ranging from their favorite foods to their favorite books, their interests strikingly similar. They both enjoyed the works of numerous authors, her favorite pastime also reading murder-mysteries and detective novels.

"So, uh... do you have a girlfriend?" Y/n asked nervously. Would he think she was a freak for even asking? She found him to be pretty cute with his gray crown beanie, but he was also really funny and sarcastic, not to mention he was nice. She'd been on her own, pretty much cast out from the world, never making any friends.

He looked around anxiously, not knowing how to answer. He knew the answer should have been yes, he did have a girlfriend. But he couldn't bring himself to say yes.

"Uh, no. No I don't."