012. that's karma

A/n: This is another idea by Chanelypop

Y/n's pov:

"Hey Juggie, when are you coming over today?" I asked, putting my phone on speaker and continuing braiding my hair. Jughead was supposed to come over to watch movies today, so I was getting- casually- dolled up.

"Oh Y/n, sorry. I'm not going to be able to make it today."

"What? Why not?"

"I'm working with the serpents today. Sorry."

"Ok, well, love you-"

"Bye Y/n"

I looked around in confusion, seeing so many red flags for suspicious activity:

- He never misses a movie day,
- He usually only works with the serpents on weekends, and seeing as it was only Tuesday, that was abnormal,
- His apology seemed distracted, and half-assed, like there was something else going on

My mind was trying to connect dots and come up with a reasonable theory. Is he hurt? Is he keeping something from me? Maybe it's something about Penny- What if he's secretly gay? Maybe it's something with his dad- or even his mom.

"I'm just being paranoid-" I said out loud, startling myself, considering it was supposed to be a thought.

I took the braid out of my hair and changed into a baggy sweatshirt and sweatpants, seeing no reason to get dressed. Laying down on my bed, I turned on an episode of Criminal Minds, getting lost into an episode I'd already seen a dozen times.

My phone begins to ring with the aggravating beeping sound. Turning it over, I identify the caller as one of my best friends, Sweetpea.

"Hey Y/n, what's up?" He asks cheerily as I pick up the phone.

"Nothing, just watching some netflix. I'm so over life right now- Why? What's up?"

"I just wanted to see if you maybe wanted to hang out today? Maybe we could catch a movie, or go down to Sweetwater and throw rocks at ducks-"

"Hold on- you're not working with the serpents today? I should know this but since I'm a girl, I swear the misogyny in the serpents is real"

"What? No- we don't have any jobs booked till next saturday" As soon as my brain processed the words, the anger in me began to boil. I knew it, he did lie, and all I have to do know is find out why.

"Wait is this about Jughead? Do I have to beat him up?"

"Not yet Sweetpea, not yet"

~Sunnyside trailer park~

I marched up the steps of Jughead's all-too-familiar trailer. Pulling out the key he'd given me a few months ago, I was ready to stab someone. He was lying, and sneaking around, making me feel paranoid when I clearly wasn't crazy.

As I turned the key in the door, my heart fell down to my stomach.

There he was, one of his hands cupping her cheek, the other around her backside. Her hands in his dark raven curls, which were flying freely around her fingertips, his beanie long discarded on the floor, looking sad and alone.

My eyes welled up with tears as I took in what I was looking at. Jughead Jones, my boyfriend of 2 years, and Betty Cooper, the girl next door, who'd I grown up living next to, and being friends with, eating at each other's faces, oblivious to the fact that I was standing there, heartbroken and in disbelief.

I cleared my throat, sending Jughead and Betty both looking around, alarmed. Once their eyes landed on me, the realization that they'd been caught began to set in.

"Y/n- Y/n! Y/n..." Jug yelled, unable to speak, looking somewhere between ashamed and guilty.

"It's not what it looks like" The blonde chimed in, finishing his sentence like the perfect girl she was.

"Well it looks like I was just betrayed- so um thanks for that." My voice cracked as the lump in my throat grew bigger and more painful, the tears in my eyes flowing without me having to even blink them out. I turned to walk away, not wanting either of them to have the satisfaction of making, or seeing, me cry. Though before I could leave, I was pulled back.

"Y/n don't go-" I turned to face him as he loosened his grip on my wrist. "It's not over- we don't have to be over. We can work this out I promise, I love you" I scoffed,

"Is that what you were thinking about while cheating on me? Is that what you were thinking about while you were trying to get into Betty's pants?" His face went bright red, though I couldn't tell if he was embarrassed or ashamed. "Whatever, you two deserve each other."

Walking out the door all I could think was that I deserved this, this was my fault. Maybe I wasn't a good enough girlfriend. Maybe I wasn't pretty enough.

Maybe it's karma.