045. study Date

A/n: I don't know if Jug's hair would be identified as black or dark brown, so I'm going with brown. Sounds cuter in my opinion.

This was requested by @tifuu13

Y/n's pov:

The clock above the teachers desk ticks loudly, tormenting me. The end of the school day is inching closer, nearing closer to my favorite time of the day: studying. I hate school, and everything about it. The food, the bullies, the teachers, the classes, the unsanitary bathrooms, it's all terrible. The only aspect that I actually enjoy is studying with my best friend, Jughead Jones. 

The bell rings loudly above me, and just like that, it's over. Hundreds of students flood the hallways, ready to leave the terrible school. I scan through the crowd, looking for my beanie-wearing best friend.

"Y/n!" Jughead calls from somewhere, I look around frantically, until I feel him grab my shoulder.

"Oh hey, Jug."

"Man, the hallway is extra-crowded today. Let's get outta here A-S-A-P" He said, enunciating each letter. I nod and quickly grab my things, then pushing our way out the doors.

"Alright, so what are we studying first, once we arrive at casa L/n?" He asked, stealing my water bottle from my hand and taking a sip, something he did often, though I thought nothing of it, since we were best friends.

"Well, I think we can do the geometry homework first, because it'll be the easiest. Then we can move on to chemistry, which you really need to help me with. And we can finish off with English, so we can suffer through writing this essay together." I ramble. To which he simply responds,

"Sounds great. Mostly because you're providing the snacks"

~Later~

My bed was completely covered in papers, books and pencils from our intense study session. We were halfway through, already diving deep into the hellhole that is chemistry.

"Y/n, you're hopeless!" He laughed, throwing his beanie down in comic-frustration. The second the beanie came off, his luscious dark brown locks came out to play. I felt my heart skip a beat at the sight: Jughead Jones, my childhood crush, without his protection beanie on, right in front of my eyes.

"I know, I- I just don't get it." I watched as he shook his head, yet began to explain the entire thing over again. Though his voice was drowned out by my loud heartbeat and my inner monologue. I watched as he took his pencil and drew around the textbook, underlining what he was talking about, and then way he would smile at me every time his eyes met mine made my heart melt.

"Juggie, stop!" I yelled, startling him and myself.

"What, what's wrong?"

"I just... I cant keep doing this. The reason your tutoring isn't helping, is because every time we do this, all I can think is how much I like you and wanna kiss you, but I'm always too scared to tell you!" His mouth hung open for a second, though he snapped it shut right away.

"You like me?"

"Yes dummy, I have for years." He looked me directly in the eyes, and without breaking eye contact, threw his textbook to the side and pulled me over to him, connecting his lips with mine.

"Does this mean that these are study dates now?" He asked, pulling away.

"I guess..."

"Cool." He responded with a goofy grin on his face.

A/n: Ok guys, I've been in a slump with my writing, and I've been putting it off, and my heart wasn't really in the story. But I think I'm getting my groove back, so stay tuned.