010. too late

A/n: So this idea was given to me by my good friend Chanelypop Thanks so much.

Jughead's pov

"Betty, I don't know what to do" I groaned in frustration. I enlisted Veronica and Betty to help me figure out the perfect way to tell Y/n I like her. It had to be special, I've liked her since we were little kids, and we've only grow closer over the years, but I decided it was finally time to man up and confess my feelings.

"How about a grand gesture, like a horse drawn carriage?" Veronica suggested, to which I replied by giving her a weird look, wondering if she was actually serious.

"That's not Y/n at all, how about keep it simple like flowers, she'd love that, Jug."

"None of these are Y/n. I'm just going to take her to Pop's and tell her how I feel." I got up and left to find Y/n, which was easy because she was waiting for me at my locker like always.

"Hey Y/n" I mumbled as I started to put my books in my locker, my heart beat increasing as the sweet smell of her perfume drifted into my nose.

"I saw you and Betty in there, looked like you guys were having fun." She said, with a hint of bitterness in her voice.

"Not really, she was just helping me with something. Hey, so do you want to go to Pop's with me?"

"Well duh"

~At Pop's~

We ordered our food and I was shaking, to the point where I had to stick my hands underneath the table, so she wouldn't see. What if she doesn't like me back? What if she does like me back? I shook all my thoughts out of my head and decided to just go for it.

"So Y/n, I have something to tell you-"

"Me first Jug. The other day... Sweetpea asked me out. And I said yes, so we're kinda together now." My heart shattered to pieces as I processed what she'd just said.

"I'm so happy for you." I forced out. A mix of anger, sadness and confusion flooded my body as I forced myself to look her in the eyes.

"What were you going to say Juggie?"

"Oh, I don't remember. I have to go actually, I forgot that I have to meet Archie." I stood up, taking one last look at the girl I'd grew up with, while trying not to scream.

I can't believe it. I'm too late.