011. too late [02]

3rd person pov:

~1 month later~

As another day of Riverdale high comes to an end, many kids still remain for extracurriculars. Jughead, Betty and Veronica are gathered in the Blue and Gold office once again. They were there for one reason: To talk about Y/n's odd behavior in the past few weeks.

"There is no way that she really chose that serpent over you Jughead." Veronica says, attempting to make him feel better. She disliked the boy for many reasons, but she still felt bad, this was really taking a toll on him.

While the three were talking about Y/n, Y/n was busy roaming the school, waiting for Sweetpea to pick her up. She walked by the Blue and Gold and saw Betty and Jughead talking. She rolled her eyes and kept walking, but she stopped when she heard Veronica's voice.

"I don't know but I'm telling you you guys are endgame, even if she is dating that serpent." She stopped in her tracks and put her ear closer to the door.

"What should we put on the wedding invitations?" Betty asked, leaving Y/n even more confused.

"How about nothing, Y/n doesn't even like me." Her heart stopped beating as what he said registered in her mind. Her longtime crush, Jughead Jones, returned the feeling she'd buried inside her for years. She froze, unsure of what to do next.

"You love her don't you Jughead?"

"Yes, I do, I really do. Y/n is the only girl I have ever actually liked, and now that-" He was cut off by the sound of the door creaking open; Y/n stepping inside.

"Y/n? Did you hear any of that?" Instead of answering, she walked to him and kissed him, her hand reaching up behind his head, dragging his lips down to meet hers. He deepened the kiss, his hands resting on her hips, while his brain was focused on the fact that he was currently sharing his first kiss with the girl he'd fallen for, something he never in a million years thought would happen.

"What about Sweetpea?" Was the first thing he could say after they pulled apart.

"I only said yes because I thought you didn't like me. He'll understand." She wrapped her arms around his torso, squeezing him tight. He looked to Betty and Veronica, who were giving him a thumbs up.

They left the room in a fit of giggles, whispering "Endgame" and "Couple goals"

Well, they weren't wrong. Maybe it's not too late after all.

A/n: I hate it