053. cliche

A/n: I feel like I haven't written in FOREVER but I guess that's ok. Anyways, this imagine is kind of on crack, but all my ideas kinda are so just go with it.

Also, this is kinda made up of like memories, so kinda just try to keep up.

Y/n's pov:

~5 months ago~

Jughead and I had been best friends since the dawn of time. Over time my crush for him began to develop. I know, it's so cliché to fall for your childhood best friend, the person you'd grown up with. But I couldn't help it, there was just something about him. Today was the day though, I finally got up the courage to confess my feelings to him. Of course I was nervous, but I had a good feeling about it.

I walked in my room, returning from the bathroom, to find Jug just laying on my bed, comfortable as could be. He'd been barging in my house since the day we met, so it was no surprise to see him.

"Hey Jug" I say, jumping into the bed with him.

"Hi" He smiles at me, making my heart skip a beat. He goes back to the book he was reading, while I lay there, contemplating how to tell him.

"Hey Juggie... I like you" I blurt out, not intending to say that aloud. His face turns to meet mine, his eyes staring directly into my soul.

"Cool"

~1 month after that~

After I so gracefully admitted my love for my best friend, the only word I'd heard from him was 'cool'. He pretended like nothing ever happened, and we went on like normal. But if there was one thing I'd learned from being his best friend, it was that I was the one person who could annoy him most. So that's exactly what I did.

1st occurrence:

It was a normal Tuesday, walking down the hallway. We were both headed to science, but in no hurry to get there. Jug was being awfully quiet, so I broke the silence.

"Hey Jug" He didn't bother to turn his head, but hummed in response.

"Are my hands small? Maybe we should compare hands" I don't know about you, but where I come from, comparing hands was a flirting technique. He looks at my outstretched hand,

"Leave me alone Y/n" He says, trying to hide a smile, and walks away from me.

2nd occurrence:

The next move I made, was when we were walking home, it was autumn, meaning there were leaves on the ground and chill in the air. I had no jacket, and ever since we were kids, Jug would constantly give me his jacket, and I grown to love it.

"I'm cold..." I said, brushing my arm against him

"Well damn Y/n, I can't control the weather"

3rd occurrence:

I was having too much fun to stop now, so when I caught Jug alone at his locker, I decided it was time for round three.

"Hi Jughead" I said, smiling like a psychopath

"What now?"

"Can I borrow your chem notes? I seem to have... misplaced mine"

"I- I... uh" He stuttered, looking around frantically for an excuse to run away.

"I don't go to school"

4th occurrence:

I was ready to try my boldest move yet, something I was sure would make him laugh, or make him hate me... either way, it was worth a try.

We sat at our lunch table, just the two of us. Him and Archie were fighting again, though I wasn't sure why. But whatever it was really got to him, because he switched lunch tables, now it was only the two of us.

"Look at him... he looks so happy. He should be over here apologizing! Right Y/n?" He says angrily, turning to me. I nod my head, not sure what he said, because I wasn't listening.

"Jug-"

"What?"

"Kiss me?" He looks at me, a look of confusion and amusement on his face. He tries to hide his smile, but I see the way the corners of his mouth twist into a small smile.

"I'd rather die" He says, not hiding his smile anymore, and walking away with his lunch tray, leaving me all alone at the table.

5th occurrence:

We're sitting in my room once again, laying on opposite sides of the bed. I was reading my book, while Jug was busy typing away on his laptop. His beanie was long discarded, leaving his wild, untamed, jet-black curls hanging freely. It was 11:00 on a Saturday morning, the atmosphere around us, calm and quiet.

"Hey Juggie" I said in a quiet voice, he didn't look away from his laptop, but respond with a hum.

"I love you" It was something we said often, but I meant it this time, like really meant it. He shut his laptop, getting up swiftly and leaning over me. I had no idea what was going on, one second he was laying down and the next his face is less than an inch away from mine. He grabs my chin, placing his lips on mine.

Suddenly my mind light up, fireworks hitting me from all different directions. I was so lost in thought, that I didn't even notice he'd pulled away. I opened my eyes to see him sitting there, playing with the ring on his finger, not even looking at me. My mind was frozen, and I wasn't sure if that really happened, or if I'd just imagined it.

"Do you actually feel the same, or do you just want me to shut up"

"I've felt the same for a while, but it's more fun watching you struggle. I know, I'm an asshole"

"Yeah, you are" I replied, laughing. I put my pillow next to him, laying my head down on his lap.

"I love you too" He smiled, petting my head like a dog.

I was confused and shocked, but happy, so so happy. Maybe it wasn't so cliche after all.

I'M SO HAPPY TO BE BACK WRITING... I hope y'all enjoyed