Chapter Twenty-One

*Saturday February 13th*

Isabella Johnson

"Brandon? What are you doing here? I don't get off work till 7 and Ricky bought me dinner." I said as I skated over to my best friend who was standing next to a girl.

"I was going to ask you the same question but it looks like you are working the weekend of the Valentine's Day dance. Bells, you gotta take a break once in a while and have some fun. Aren't you going to the dance? I'm hoping to see you shine in that dress Gina bought you." Brandon said with a pout face as he walked over to where I was cleaning a table.

I ignored Brandon and looked over to the front door where Ricky was standing with a brunette girl who had a backpack on. I could overhear there conversation from where I was standing since I was near the entrance, and it didn't sound too good.

That girl must be Nini. I though to myself

"Nini, what are you doing here? You missed our valentine's day virtual date, and you show up unannounced

"Nini, what are you doing here? You missed our valentine's day virtual date, and you show up unannounced. I thought that you had plans over valentine's day. Aren't you supposed to be studying at YAC?" I heard Ricky exclaim loudly as he ran a hand through his curls.

Brandon and I watched as the couple argued and couldn't stop staring at the couple. Something was going on.

I think I'm involved because in this drama because Brandon keeeps looking at the pizza box on the table and than back at me. Brandon must have realized why Ricky was here.

Oh god.

"Oh. I'm so going to kill him. Bowen is using you as a rebound because he missed his girlfriend who doesn't even go to our school. This is gossip, even though you are not dating him." Brandon replied while popping his 'p' in his gossip.

"And to think that I actually kinda liked him..." I whispered to Brandon and leaned on his shoulder.

"And that's the tea sis. You shouldn't have gotten so close to him if you knew he already had a girlfriend. Don't worry. I'll save you a dance tomorrow." Brandon replied to me as he looked down to see my sad face.

"I don't think I'm gonna go anymore. I gotta go text Gina and tell her she can have her dress back." I said to him as I skated back to where the staff kept their belongings behind the desk full of roller blades.

Brandon followed me as far as he could before stopped in front of the desk and waited for me to collect my belongings and check out early.

After leaning in for a side hug, we headed to the back door and got into his car that was parked in one of the parking spaces.

I was silent throughout the whole ride home but B was my best friend and could tell that I just wanted to sit in bed and write songs.

********

When I got to my room I shut my door and got out my notebook and started writing a song.

He is sensible and
So incredible and
All my single friends are jealous
He says everything I need to hear
And it's like I couldn't ask for anything better

He opens up my door
And I get into his car
And he says, "you look beautiful tonight"
And I feel perfectly fine

But I miss screaming and fighting
And kissing in the rain
And it's 2 a.m. and I'm cursing your name
You're so in love that you act insane
And that's the way I loved you

Breakin' down and coming undone
It's a roller-coaster kinda rush
And I never knew I could feel that much
And that's the way I loved you

He respects my space
And never makes me wait
And he calls exactly when he says he will
He's close to my mother
Talks business with my father
He's charming and endearing and I'm comfortable (A/N: lyric cred to T Swift)

I know that Ricky will never love me like the lyrics in this song say. Maybe I'm meant to be one of those girls who just fantasizes about her dream date and never gets to go on one? Maybe I'm meant to be home with a witch and two idiots? Maybe I'm just Ricky's rebound? Will I ever fall in love? According to my step mom the answer is no. I don't even have real mother figure in my life. Boys are stupid well except for Brandon.

I finished writing the song before bedtime and decided to finally text Gina about returning my dress.

Isabella: Hey Gina, you know that dress you got me? Well you can have it back. I don't feel like going to the dance anymore. It's not my type of thing and I don't want to be a burden while everyone else has fun. Night.

Gina immediately texted me back before I could put my phone on my nightstand.

Gina: What?! Why? You deserve to go to your first high school dance. I'm not returning it. What's wrong? Girl you can talk to me about anything.

A/N: what do you think happened between Ricky and Nini? Do you think Isabella is really just a rebound or something more? What do you think Ricky will do when he finds out Isabella doesn't want to go to the dance anymore? Leave a comment below. Bella will have her happy moment I promise.