Chapter Fifteen

Author's Note: Imagine Ricky singing this song but the lyrics were more about Nini being away than himself. My heart. Listen at time it says in chapter to understand what I mean.

Thanks for reading. Don't forget to vote. Song Cred to the amazing Shawn Mendes.

*****************************

Isabella Johnson

*Wednesday February 10th*

I sat under the big oak tree in the courtyard where Brandon and I used to eat together and scribbled some lyrics in my notebook. I didn't really want to talk to anyone right now. There's too much lovey dovey stuff everywhere. I guess that Brandon's date went well too because I saw him in the hall on Monday holding hands with some guy. We haven't talked since and I've kind of distanced myself from everyone.

"Hey is this seat taken?" I heard a familiar masculine voice say as I closed my song book.

"Oh, hey Ricky. I kind of want to be alone right now if you don't mind leaving. Sorry." I mumbled as I took a small bite of my PB and J I made for myself this morning. I tried to look away from him, but his eyes glimmered in the sunlight even though it was freezing in Utah.

"Why are you distancing yourself from everyone? I haven't seen you around in two days besides American Lit class. And why are you eating alone outside when it's like 40 degrees? And you just have a light jacket on," Ricky asked sitting next to me without asking.

"I don't really want to talk about it. And for your information, this used to be where Brandon and I ate lunch before I got invited to the theatre kids table. As I mentioned earlier, I want to be alone right now." I said as I looked down at the cold grass.

Ok, so maybe I didn't want to be alone right now. I just didn't want him to pity my situation if I told him everything that was going on and besides, he said that he was struggling with a long-distance relationship. And I was actually cold since I had a sweater from salvation army on and a larger vest that used to be my dad's in high school.

Ricky just sat next to me and didn't move.

Well I guess if he wasn't moving, I could finish my lunch here ignoring his presence. Yeah that will work.

"You are cold, shivering. Let's go eat inside." Ricky said after a silent minute.

"I said I want to be alone right now." I said a bit harshly at him.

"I'm here for you if you need a friend or someone to talk to. You don't have to tell me what's on your mind right now but at least let me help you find a warmer place to eat inside the building." Ricky got up and put his hand up for me.

"Ok." I said ignoring his hand as I packed up my lunch and put my journal away.

Ricky led me to the East High music room. He opened the door for me like a gentleman and let me sit wherever.

"This is where I come when I don't want to talk to anyone or when I have a lot on my mind. It's a lot warmer in here than it is outside. You can finish your lunch in here and we can chat till next period." Ricky said pulling out a chair and putting it next to mine.

As I was pulling my lunch out of my lunch bag, I saw Ricky reaching over to grab one of the school's guitars.

"If you don't want to talk, can I get your opinion on something?" Ricky said strumming the guitar he was holding.

"hmm okay." I said as I ate my sandwich.

I got to admit he looked pretty cute holding that guitar. And not to mention that his eye color looked really good with his curls.