Chapter Three

Chapter 3

Authors note:  Let me know in the comments what you think of the story so far. Don't forget to vote

*********************************

Isabella Johnson

After school I went to pick up Anne's coffee order and her dry cleaning. I quickly drove back to the house to drop everything off. I was in a rush to get to work since my stepmom didn't want to pay for my college tuition and I can't afford to get fired from another job for being late. I was desperate to find a way to make money, so I applied to several places around downtown Salt Lake. I am currently a waitress at Rollin and Skatin' Roller-skating palace. I get paid minimum wage but it's better than nothing.

It was Thursday  afternoon, the crowd was slow at work, but I had to stay until 8:00pm when my shift ended. I used to work from 4:00-6:00pm on weekdays but I took another shift to make more money and stay away from my step-mother.

"Don't you have homework to do or some friends to hang out with?" I heard my manager Leann say from across the table I was cleaning.

"Nope. I finished my homework in study hall; and my only friend Brandon is practicing for his audition on Friday."

"Suit yourself. It's some teenager's birthday party tonight. You're on duty with Jack the other waiter. You really should have some fun though." She said as she walked to the storage room.

As I walked over to the arcade to clean the tables, I bumped into someone. Well more like skated over and fell face forward on the ground but they were in front of me.

"Omg! Waiter girl just fell on her skates." The boy who I knew as E.J said while laughing with his friends as the familiar Bruno Mars song started playing. Uptown Funk playing always meant it was skate time here. Something you just get used to after a few hundred birthday parties.

It's not my fault that part of the job description was that I had to wear roller skates 24/7. I got up off my butt that was sore and stabilized myself. There was probably a bruise on my forehead too. Just great.

"Hey are you ok? Sorry my friend E.J can be a bit much sometimes." A curly haired boy said as he walked over to the table, I was cleaning. I recognized that face anywhere, The Ricky Bowen aka Troy Bolton was standing in front of me. I only knew this because Brandon made me go to the fall musical. He said it was for E.J or something.

"Just some minor bruises but I'm fine. It's part of the job description anyway. These dumb skates are not safe at all." I said to him while wiping down the table.

"Don't you go to East High?" He replied. Wow. He didn't even notice me in the halls.

"Umm yeah. I'm in your American Lit class. I sit in the back. I'm Isabella Johnson. But people call me Bella or Isabella." I said extending my dry hand out.

"Ricky, come on we're going to skate." I saw a redhead boy appear in front of us.

"It's E.J Caswell's birthday. My best friend Big Red forced me to come since his girlfriend is E. J's cousin. I got to go. I'll see you around school and in American Lit class." Ricky said as he walked off.

Well that was interesting.

After my shift ended, I decided to text Brandon to see if he wanted to study at the Diner. I swear I'm not avoiding Anne.

Call me Bella not Izzy: Study night at diner in 30 min? I have tea to spill.

Brandon The Best: I'll be there in 25 min. I have tea to spill too. xxxx B