Chapter Twenty-Four

*February 14*

Ricky Bowen

"Wow! Nini you look amazing, stunning, beautiful. Wow!" I said to her as I stared at her dress while she was standing on her front porch.

"You don't look too bad yourself, Ricky. I really missed you. I hope that tonight makes up for the weeks that I've been gone. I'm really sorry again for surprising you the other day."Nini replied as she kissed me on the cheek and started to shiver since it was still cold outside.

"Here, have my jacket. I won't need it until we get to school. I'll be driving anyway." I said to her as I kissed her on the lips and handed her my jacket before helping her to my car.

"Awww. Ricky, you don't need to do that. Thank you. You are such a gentleman. I missed you so much, even though it hasn't even been a month." Nini replied as she slipped into the passenger side of my car with his  jacket on.

" Nini replied as she slipped into the passenger side of my car with his  jacket on

(Nini's Outfit)

*******

"Two Tickets please." I said to Mr. Mazarra for the second time.

First it was homecoming with Big Red and now I finally get to go to the valentine's day dance with Nini.

"Ah. East High has missed you Ms. Salazar-Roberts. Welcome back!" Mr. Mazarra said awkwardly as Nini and I headed into the gym full of red, pink, and white balloons and heart shaped decorations.

"Let's go find the theater kids table. Ashlyn said she reserved one for us so we could all hang out together." I replied nervously while holding Nini's hand.

I got to admit. It's been a while since we've been on a date and it's kind of weird and quick for this to be our first date back, I thought to myself.

When we found the table with the theater group. I noticed that Seb and Carlos were seated in matching Bow ties. Nini immediately sat down and started to make conversation with them.

I'm sure she missed her friends a lot but didn't she come to spend the night with me?

"Ricky, babe could you please get me some punch? My throat is kind of dry." Nini said as she turned to me and kissed my cheek playfully.

"Yeah sure. I'll be back." I replied to her while kissing her cheek back.

While I was getting two cups of punch from the food and drink table, I saw three girls walk into the auditorium. Gina was on the left, Bella was in the middle, and Natalie Bagley was on the end.

Everyone stopped what they were doing at looked at the girls walking in.

Bella looked different. She was glowing. She looked amazing and beautiful. What am I thinking?

I have Nini.

"Here's your punch sorry it took so long, the line was long

"Here's your punch sorry it took so long, the line was long." I replied to Nini as I set our drinks down.

"Thank you, Ricky. Carlos was just telling me about the musical. Why didn't you tell me that your dancing skills were improving?" Nini said to me as she sipped her drink.

"I guess that I had a bit of self-doubt and didn't think about it." I replied as Gina, Bella, and Natalie approached our table.

"Hey guys, we don't have dates so we decided to go as a girl group. I hope you don't mind if we join you guys as single ladies." Gina exclaimed while sitting in a seat next to me.

Bella seemed to avoid eye contact with me and was staring at her heels while Natalie Bagley started to talk to Nini.

I thought that tonight would be about Nini and I. Not some Nini and Friends reunion. Ugh. I can't just tell her to stay away from her friends. She hasn't seen them in a while and deserves to catch up with them.

"I'll be right back Neens. I have to go to the restroom. I think I had too much punch earlier." I whispered to her as I pulled her away from her conversation with Natalie for a sec.

Nini nodded and continued talking to Natalie as I walked away to go to the restrooms.

As I was walking into the mens' room to splash some water on my face, I ran into the one and only E.J Caswell kissing Andrew Becker and making  noise against the sinks. I closed my eyes for a second and walked over to the exit door of the restrooms since it was occupied with ahem E.J, but was surprised and scared to see E.J behind me pulling on my shirt collar.

"Don't you dare tell anyone what you just saw Bowen. If you do, I'll tell Nini who you've been hanging with." E.J whispered as he let go of my shirt.

Damn he's strong.

"I wasn't going to tell anyone anyway. Leave Bella out of this. She's already been through enough. And leave Nini out of it while you are at it. I thought that your attitude would have changed after the musical. I guess not. I'll see you in school tomorrow. Bye E.J." I replied to him before I left and  walking back to the auditorium.

Well that just happened.

I walked back into the auditorium while fixing my curls to make sure they didn't look like a mess and immediately heard Nini's favorite Ed Sheeran song start to play. All of the couples got up with their partners to slow dance while Bella and Nini sat at the table alone.

I felt bad because Bella didn't have a date and Gina was dancing with Kourtney but I came here  with Nini so I have to dance with her.

"May I have this dance?" I said to Nini as I approached the theater kids' table.

"I thought that you got stuck in the toilets for a second. I'd love to dance Ricky." Nini replied as she took my hand.

As I slow danced with Nini I glanced at Bella who sat at the table trying to ignore me while trying to make a fake conversation with Natalie who also didn't have a date.

A/N: So that just happened......