Chapter Five

Author's Note: Play song at end. Also pretend that is Brandon up top. More drama coming soon.

********************

Isabella Johnson

Brandon was sitting at our usual table in the back of the dining waving to me as I walked in. Our usual two vanilla milkshakes and a medium order of fries were already at the table.

"So, what's the tea?" I said as I sat down in the booth across from him.

"You first."

"Ok fine. I ran into Ricky Bowen and E. J Caswell at work tonight. Ricky didn't even know that I went to East High."

"Well that boy is missing out on an amazing girl."

"Not really. What's your news?" I said sipping on my milkshake.

"There's a rumor going around on my EHS blog that E.J is Bi. Someone commented on my recent post a picture of him holding hands with a guy at his birthday party." Brandon replied excitedly.

"That's probably fake. He was at the rink today. It was probably one of his teammates helping him off the floor when he fell. He shouldn't' have teased me about falling on my face."

"Wait the E.J Caswell talked to you?!"

"No. I didn't say that. He actually laughed at me for falling on my butt at work."

"Well at least you got to interact with him." Brandon said taking a fry.

"Can we study now? I haven't studied for the STEM test. I was doing Anne's chores and then went to work." I replied after sipping on my milkshake.

"Ok but first, I want to know if you're going to audition for the musical. It's your favorite Disney movie; and you are basically Belle. It's your name."

"I'm actually Bella with an A; and I already told you I can't. My stepmom gives me a list of chores to do every morning till I move out."

"But you have an amazing voice Bells."

"I don't really do musicals anyway. It's more your thing." I pointed a fry at him.

"But you sing....." Brandon said as he drank his milkshake.

"Can we study now? I need good grades to get into Yale." I replied.

As if on cue the jukebox in the corner started playing, "I Want to Dance With Somebody" by Whitney Houston softly.

"Want to dance first?" Brandon said putting his hand out.

"I don't dance."

"I'll teach you."

"No thanks."

"Come on Bella." He whined.

"One dance then STEM." I said as I took his hand and we danced around the back of the diner laughing.