Chapter Forty-Eight

Ricky Bowen

I sat on a blanket in the garden club's rooftop area with an array of foods waiting for Bella patiently.

 I really hope that she read my note. I really want to be sincere and apologize to her for what I did.

I got out of class early last period and picked up some food from the supermarket that looked a hell lot better than the cafeteria lunches or what she packed everyday and spread it out on this blanket. It was a long trip since I skated but it was worth it. It took a lot of work to make it look presentable but not a date. Now I'm just sitting here alone looking like a fool and it is half past noon.

There's no sign of anybody here not even Bella. I'm sure that she read the note that I gave her this morning because she took it and put it in her backpack. I saw her do it with my own two eyes.

After checking my phone for the time almost a hundred times, I finally sighed in defeat

After checking my phone for the time almost a hundred times, I finally sighed in defeat. My phone time read 12:50pm and the bell was going to ring a minute or so before 1.

 I don't think Bella is coming. It's too late now.

After packing the food up and saving it for later or maybe for my dad, I got up and left the rooftop. The bell was going to ring any minute and I was going to be late to class.

*******

At the end of the day, I walked to my locker and grabbed my bags and the food that was packed. I immediately headed out the front doors to my car since we didn't have rehearsal today.

 I didn't see Bella's car in the parking lot.

I guess that she left already.

"Hey Ricky, do you want to skate home today?" I heard my best friend Big Red say to me from behind me.

"Not today. Sorry, Red." I replied instead of making up a lie to my best friend.

"What's up with you today? Is your mom back? We haven't been skating together since like forever." I heard Big Red say as he caught up with me and stood a few feet from my car.

"I guess that I'm not in the mood today. How about tomorrow? We don't have rehearsals tomorrow." I said as I touched his shoulder comforting him.

"Ok. I don't know what's up with you today but I didn't see you at lunch." Big Red said to me as he put his skateboard on the ground.

"I just needed some time to myself to think. You know away from all the drama at the drama club table?" I said to him calmly.

"I get it. Carlos can be annoying at times. I'll see you tomorrow dude." Big Red said to me as he patted my shoulder and skated off the other direction.

When I got home, I checked the kitchen to see if my dad was home but didn't see him anywhere. He was probably still at work and coming home late. I decided to take a much needed break before I started homework and sat on the couch and put my earbuds in.

I pressed shuffle on my phone as I heard Harry Styles' sing and closed my eyes to get some rest.

Today was long and tiring.

(A/N: I miss One Direction sooooo much. Comment down below with your favorite OG song)

Goin' out tonight, changes into something red
Her mother doesn't like that kind of dress
Everything she never had she's showin' off
Drivin' too fast, moon is breakin' through her hair
She's headin' for somethin' that she won't forget
Havin' no regrets is all that she really wants

We're only gettin' older, baby

And I've been thinkin' about it lately
Does it ever drive you crazy
Just how fast the night changes?
Everything that you've ever dreamed of
Disappearing when you wake up
But there's nothing to be afraid of
Even when the night changes
It will never change me and you

Chasing it tonight, doubts are runnin' 'round her head
He's waitin', hides behind a cigarette
Heart is beatin' loud and she doesn't want it to stop
Movin' too fast, moon is lightin' up her skin
She's fallin', doesn't even know it yet
Havin' no regrets is all that she really wants