Chapter Thirty-One

Author's Note: this might be a filler chapter.

***************************

Isabella Johnson

"Hey Bells, why are you smiling today? You haven't made that happy face since the valentine's day dance. Something is making you happy, and I want to know what it is." Brandon said to me as we walked into the roller rink together.

"I'll tell you later. Enjoy your date." I replied to him while walking to the staff room where he couldn't go pass.

"Tell me now. My date is running late and that's a big no no for me." Brandon said from across the counter.

"Fine. But you can't make a big deal out of it because its something very small and not important." I said as I sat down to tie my skates at a booth.

"I promise not to make a big deal out of it. Now tell me before I get any more impatient." Brandon said like a little kid.

"Ricky and I made up. We're kind of friends again. I don't really know what we are but he apologized to me while you were in rehearsals." I said briefly while going back to tie my skates.

"Omg! Congrats girl. I knew it would happen. MY OTP is back together! Yes!" Brandon exclaimed a little too loudly while reaching over to hug me.

"What did I say about not making a big deal out of it? and we're just friends." I said to him sternly while laughing.

"But it is a big deal Bells, you like him he likes you. He's not back together with Nini. You have a second or third or whatever you call it chance." Brandon said while following me as I skated to the cafe to get orders.

"He doesn't like me like that. All he does is talk about Nini and its getting so repetitive. Sometimes I know what he's going to say to me when he texts me." I replied while getting a rag instead of an order to clean a table.

"Oh look. Lucky you, my date is here and he's late. I got to go give him a strict talk about my dating policy. One day you'll admit that you have feelings for him. I just know it." Brandon said as he walked over to a blonde haired boy by the entrance.

"So you have a secret admirer and you didn't tell me?" My boss Leann said as she handed me an order slip from another table.

"He's not a secret admirer and I didn't tell you because you are my boss." I said while taking the order slip and placing it on the counter by the cafe for the chef.

"Then who is he? Tell me more about him. You work too much Isabella, take the day off its my treat to you." Leann said while taking the rag away from me.

"He's no one. And I have to work to pay for my college tuition. Why do you care about my love life?" I said while skating to another table to clean their mess up.

"You just admitted that he is someone. You have the day off Isabella my treat. Go talk to him or do whatever you teenagers do nowadays. I'll see you on Monday and I hope to hear more about this boy because you work way too much and talk too little to me." Leann said while going back to the staff room.

I sighed as I put the dishes in the dirty dish bin and skated over to the staff room to change out of my skates.

While I was changing out of my skates someone who was running the audio system today announced that Ashlyn and her roller skating team were competing today so the main rink was closed but their was still the second rink for free for all open.

I decided to go over to the main rink and watch her since I haven't seen her around school, and found one of her friends, Big Red, sitting on the benches.

"Hey, Big Red, right? I've seen you around school with Ricky. Can I join you?" I said as I put my backpack down.

"Oh hey Isabella. You can sit with me. I'm watching my girlfriend Ashlyn. Ricky talks about you all the time. He never stops talking about you now that Nini is out of the picture. Sometimes he doesn't shut up about you and I just leave his room." Big Red said while chuckling to himself.

"That's weird because all he does is talk to me about Nini." I replied to him as music started playing through the speakers.

(This is the song that plays)