Chapter Twelve

Author's Note: There's alot of good stuff in this chapter. There will be a A/N that tells you when to play the song. Comment what you think will happen next.

****************************

Ricky Bowen

I was sitting at lunch at the theater kids table when I saw Isabella walk up to our table and wave at E.J who was sitting next to Gina with his arms were wrapped around her. I watched as Ashlyn made space at the table for her and squeezed her in between herself and Natalie Bagley.

So she was on good terms with E.J but not me?

Before I got the chance to talk to her, another guy who I recognized as Brandon walked up to the table and waved to Isabella. The already packed theater kid table full of almost a dozen people squeezed in more and made space for him next to Isabella. Brandon leaned over and hugged Isabella tightly. I looked around the table to see that everyone had someone except for me, even Natalie Bagley had her emotional support hamster with her in a box under the table and Kourtney had met a guy. But Nini wasn't here and it felt lonely and awkward.

I excused myself from the table and got up to throw my lunch away. I wasn't hungry anymore anyway.

"Hey Ricky, are you okay?" I saw Isabella walking over to the trashcan in the corner that I was standing nearby, throwing out the apple she ate.

"Not really. I should ask you the same thing. You ran off after first period and I couldn't find you. I was going to invite you to lunch, since you're like an honorary theater kid or was one for a second." I said with my head down.

"What's wrong? I'm sorry. I ran away like that it's just that today's the anniversary of my dad passing away from cancer and he used to call me Izzy. He's the only one that called me that. I never let Brandon call me it either." She said wiping a stray tear away from her eye.

"Oh my gosh. I feel so bad. I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have done that. It's just easier to say than Isabella. I should've asked first." I said approaching her to hug her.

She cried on my shoulder for a moment as I hugged her and then pushed away gently.

"I'm sorry about your shirt. It's soaking wet with my tears. It's been a long day already." She said sniffling. I didn't know what to do so, I wrapped her in a bear hug.

"It's going to be okay. I kind of understand how it feels to lose a parent, my mom got a new boyfriend last year after divorcing my dad and it really sucked for a while, till my girlfriend Nini explained how happy my mom was to me. It's not exactly the same, but you get the point." I said letting go of her from the hug.

"Enough about me, what's up with you? Why'd you walk away from the table?" Isabella said wiping her tears away while looking at me.

"I guess I saw you with Brandon and got upset because everyone had somebody to pair with except for me. My girlfriend Nini goes to a performing arts school in Denver. I'm happy that she's happy there but I really miss her. Everything feels so lonely here without her." I said frowning again.

"Brandon's gay don't come to any conclusions. He's obsessed with E.J and has this wild theory that he's bisexual. I'm sorry about Nini being so far away, you can facetime her after school though." She replied.

"Wait, Brandon thinks that E.J is Bi?" I laughed to myself.

"Yeah. He makes blog posts about E.J but don't tell anyone. That's our secret." Isabella said laughing too.

"Want to go back to the table or stay here? Also, I think I've seen those blog posts. They are interesting." I said to her.

"Let's go back to the table before everyone starts asking us questions." She replied leading the way.

When we got back to the table, Isabella sat next to me and Brandon sat next to her while glaring at me. Big Red looked at me like he had just eaten something unpleasant, E.J was kissing Gina and Kourtney was staring at me. Well this was going to be an awkward thirty minutes.

"The chicken casserole is really good." Natalie Bagley exclaimed as she broke the awkward tension between everyone staring at Isabella and I.

"I agree, but Ricky wouldn't have known how good it was, if he didn't throw it away. Ahem." Kourtney coughed in my direction.

My stomach grumbled all of a sudden and I was hungry again. I didn't have enough lunch money to buy anything else though. I think Isabella noticed my hunger and passed me a bag of animal crackers and a tub of peanut butter.

"You can have it. I always pack extra food because I save it for dinner after work. I can always go to the diner later and grab something though. You need it more than I do." Isabella said smiling.

"Thanks." I mumbled as everyone stared at the two of us.

All of a sudden Carlos brought out a jukebox out of nowhere and pressed play on the machine. He bought out a microphone from somewhere, nobody knows.. (A/N Play song now. )

I really wanna stop but I just got the taste for it
I feel like I could fly with the boy on the moon
So honey, hold my hand, you like making me wait for it
I feel like I could die walking up to the room, oh yeah

Late night watching television
But how'd we get in this position
It's way too soon, I know this isn't love
But I need to tell you something

I really, really, really, really, really, really like you
And I want you, do you want me, do you want me too?

I really, really, really, really, really, really like you
And I want you, do you want me, do you want me too?

Oh, did I say too much?

I'm so in my head

When we're outta touch (outta touch)
I really, really, really, really, really, really like you
And I want you, do you want me, do you want me too?

It's like everything you say is a sweet revelation
All I wanna do is get into your head
Yeah, we could stay alone, you and me and this temptation
Sipping on your lips, hanging on by a thread, baby. (Cred to Carly-Rae Jepsen)

Do you want to be my date to the Valentine's day dance Seb- Matthew Smith? I really really like you.

I watched Carlos sing as he pranced from one table to another excitedly as he dropped random rose petals on the floor.

"Yes! I love you. Carlos. That was amazing, even though it's till January." Seb replied kissing Carlos in the center of the lunchroom.

Wow. Talk about a proposal. What am I going to do? Will Nini be able to come to Utah for the dance? I feel like a single man again.