Chapter Forty-One

Isabella Johnson

Brandon and I were walking to class early, so that Mr. Mazarra wouldn't catch us and give us detention when I suddenly saw a head of curls in the music room that was wide open.

"I'll see you later B. I need to talk to Ricky." I said as I waved at Brandon and walked over to the music room to get a closer look.

As I was looking through the music room window, I could over hear Ricky talk to someone on the phone since the door was propped open.

"I am not dating that girl and I still have feelings for you but I understand if you just want to be friends now." I hear Ricky say as he put his head in his hands.

He's talking to Nini. He still likes Nini.

Gosh I feel so stupid for thinking he would ever like a girl like me.

 I guess that I don't need to talk to him about the #Rella article anymore.

I walked back to my class before he could see me and held back my tears while the teacher was talking about some project we were starting.

Throughout the rest of the day, I had my head down and wore a hoodie even though it was warm outside. I ignored everyone even Gina when she saw me in the hallway. I needed to get home to my bedroom.

Alone.

"Hey Bella, can we talk somewhere private?"I heard Ricky say while he was leaning against my locker at the end of the day.

"I gotta go home and do chores. I don't have work today." I replied with my head down trying to get my stuff so and go to my car asap.

"Is everything okay? Did I do something wrong? Is it that article that's bothering you?" Ricky said trying to pick my chin up.

"No. It's not the article that's bothering me." I said as I shut my locker and walked over to the front doors.

"What's going on? I thought that there was still a little trust between us. I'm so sorry for what happened like a month ago. What's going? We were on good terms yesterday." Ricky said getting in front of me blocking my way to the exit.

"We were on good terms yesterday... Goodbye Ricky." I said with a sad voice as I walked out the door and got in my car.

When I got home, I didn't even bother to look for a chore list on the door. I ran up to my room as fast as I could and laid my head on my pillow sobbing. I guess I'm just a rebound girl again. Life sucks.

Why can't there be just one person who loves me?

After a few minutes, I got up and wiped my tears away and got out some makeup wipes to take off my makeup. He's just a stupid boy. He's not worth crying over. I have other problems to deal with like getting into Dickinson College.

While I was cleaning my face up with makeup wipes, my phone rang. Brandon was calling.

 I wasn't in the mood to talk to someone but Brandon was my best friend and I never ignored his calls no matter how mad at him I was.

"Hey Bells, I saw you walk out on Ricky earlier. Are you ok? I haven't seen you since lunch." Brandon said through the phone.

He's such a good best friend. He's always there when I need him.

"Meet me at the Diner at 7. Order our usual please." I said before hanging up and wiping away a few tears.

I looked at the time and saw that it was only 4:30. I could either do some chores or homework. I decided to do some homework since chores sounded terrible right now.

After I completed three assignments and read two chapters of a book for American Lit, I put my pencil down and got my song writing book out.

 I needed to get my thoughts out on paper in the best way that I could, through songwriting.

I'm sorry if I seem uninterested

Or I'm not listenin' or I'm indifferent
Truly, I ain't got no business here
But since my friends are here, I just came to kick it
But really I would rather be at home all by myself not in this room
With people who don't even care about my well being
I don't dance, don't ask, I don't need a boyfriend
So you can go back, please enjoy your party
I'll be here
Somewhere in the corner under clouds of marijuana
With this boy who's hollering, I can hardly hear
Over this music I don't listen to and I don't wanna get with you
So tell my friends that I'll be over here

Oh-oh-oh here, oh-oh-oh here
Oh, I ask myself what am I doing here?
Oh-oh-oh here, oh-oh-oh here

And I can't wait 'til we can break up out of here

Excuse me if I seem a little unimpressed with this
An anti-social pessimist, but usually I don't mess with this
And I know you mean only the best
And your intentions aren't to bother me
But honestly I'd rather be
Somewhere with my people we can kick it and just listen
To some music with the message (like we usually do)
And we'll discuss our big dreams
How we plan to take over the planet
So pardon my manners, I hope you'll understand
That I'll be here
Not there in the kitchen with the girl
Who's always gossiping about her friends
So tell them I'll be here
Right next to the boy who's throwing up
'Cause he can't take what's in his cup no more
Oh God, why am I here?

After finishing the song, I closed my notebook and packed it into my backpack before reaching for my car keys to drive to the diner. This is going to be a long night.

Author's Note: I intentionally made it seem like Ricky has feelings for Nini and Bella. Remember that his parents split up and he does not have a good concept of love at home. What he did to Bella and Nini is not okay but it is for the purpose of this story. Are you team Rella or Rini?