Chapter Thirty-Five

Isabella Johnson

Brandon and I were sitting in our secret spot when he finally bought up the topic I have been dreading to talk about.

"So....spill the tea sis. I saw you walking into school with Ricky." Brandon said as he took my carrot sticks from my lunch again.

"Hey those are mine and I don't know what you're talking about." I replied to to Brandon since I knew he wanted to talk about Ricky.

"Tell me or else I'll take all your carrot sticks." Brandon said playfully.

"Fine. My car broke down yesterday after work and Ricky came to save me. He may or may not have kissed me on the cheek last night. He also drove me drove me to school today since my car is in the shop. And he's driving me to work this weekend till I get my car back." I said to him hoping he missed the part where Ricky kissed me on the cheek.

"Wait?! Ricky kissed you and you didn't tell me? I'm hurt." Brandon replied playfully acting sad.

"Shush. Someone might hear you and it was just a kiss on the cheek. It didn't mean anything. He said he was sorry this morning and said something about missing Nini. I'm sure he's still heartbroken about the breakup." I said while ignoring him and eating some of my yogurt.

"Wait so you are friends with him? Like as in you forgive him for all the stuff he did to you?" Brandon replied excitedly.

"We're just friends, nothing more. I think I'm slowly starting to forgive him for what he did to me. He actually has a good side to him too." I replied as we chatted under the big oak tree.

"So you want to be more than friends with him?" Brandon kept pushing me to talk about him.

"I didn't say that." I replied as I got yogurt on my cheek.

"I know you like him. Just admit it." Brandon said to me as he took a carrot stick and ate it.

"Want to hear something I've been working on?" I replied trying to distract him from the topic of Ricky.

"Sure. Just admit that you have feelings for him first." Brandon said while playing with my hair.

"Ok fine. I like him. I don't think he likes me back though. He's into Nini." I replied while taking out my songbook and opening it to a page.

"Yes! My OTP is coming true." Brandon said as he watched me.

"So I wrote another song... I hope that it sounds good. I wrote it quickly during a work break." I replied getting off topic.

"Oooh. Let me hear it. I always love your songs Bells." Brandon said while sitting on the bench ready to listen.

Waiting for the time to pass you by
Hope the winds of change will change your mind
I could give a thousand reasons why
And I know you, and you've got to

Make it on your own, but we don't have to grow up
We can stay forever young
Living on my sofa, drinking rum and cola
Underneath the rising sun
I could give a thousand reasons why
But you're going, and you know that

All you have to do is stay a minute
Just take your time
The clock is ticking, so stay
All you have to do is wait a second
Your hands on mine
The clock is ticking, so stay

All you have to do is
All you have to do is stay (A/N: I know it's a song with Zedd but pretend its just her voice.)

"So this song is about Ricky again right?" Brandon said after he clapped for me.

"I didn't say that." I looked away and shut my song writing notebook.

"All of your songs are about Ricky or about your dreams. Just admit it Bells." Brandon stood up and took my hand as the bell rang.

"You are delusional." I hit him playfully as we walked into the school being late for our classes.

"Meanie. Just way till you admit that I'm right." Brandon replied as we walked to our math class together.

"Miss Johnson, Mr. Wells. Isn't there somewhere your supposed to be?" I heard Mr. Mazarra say as we were walking down the hall.

"Broadway." Brandon exclaimed mocking Carlos as I started laughing at him.

"Detention. For both of you. Now get to class before I tell the principal that your fooling around during class time." Mr. Mazarra said as he handed us two detention slips.

"I've been wanting to do that forever. Carlos is such an icon at this school." Brandon whispered to me as we walked into class and everyone glared at us.

I couldn't focus on the lesson the whole time because I was thinking about Ricky.. I mean detention yeah. I've never had detention before but this means I'm going to be late to work and I won't be able to see Ricky after his rehearsals.