Chapter Twenty-Three

*February 14*

Isabella Johnson

I guess that I fell asleep after texting Gina last night because my phone was laying beside my pillow and was winging loudly into my ear waking me up from my slumber.

"Hello?" I mumbled as I fixed my bed head hair.

"Rise and shine Bella! Today's the big day. You are taking your sisters to the valentine's day dance. Oh and don't forget my half frap coffee. You are off the hook for cleaning today but don't think of this as me taking it easy on you. Remember what your father left me!" I heard my evil witch step mom say in a hungover voice through the phone.

"Aren't they going with dates? Why can't someone else pick them up? Aren't you down the hall from me?" I said groggily as I reached over for my hairbrush.

"I'm tired. It's more like they are looking for dates. Good luck Belle." My step mom said annoyingly before hanging up on me.

"It's Bella not Belle." I sighed to myself as I put my phone down so that I could go get ready for the day.

While I was picking out an outfit from my small single door closet, I heard my phone ring again.

It's only 8:30 in the morning who could be calling now?!

"Hello?" I said for the second time today while I picked out a grey turtleneck and jeans out.

"Hey, Isabella you didn't reply back to me last night about the dance and the dress. I started to get worried about you. Is everything okay? I'm sorry if the girls and I pressured you to go to the dance. We just want to be friends." Gina said on the other line.

"Oh. Sorry about that. I fell asleep after I got home from work. I guess that I have to go to the dance. I'm the chauffeur for my idiot sisters. Yesterday was a hard day for me." I replied as picked out a red beanie for the stupid holiday.

"Oh. Do you want to talk about it? Why'd you say that you don't wanna go to the dance anymore yesterday? Is everything okay?" Gina said rapidly through the phone.

"Can I come over to your place? I'd rather not have my stepmom intrude on my personal life." I whispered so my stepmom couldn't hear me.

"Of course. Do you want to get ready for the dance at my place? You can always drive back to your house and pick your sisters' up and meet us at the school." Gina replied nicely.

"Ok. I guess that will work. I was going to drop the dress off at your house anyway." I replied while brushing my hair and putting the beanie on my head.

"Girl. You look beautiful in that dress. You better keep it after the dance. I'm not returning it. Now I really want to know why you don't want to go but no pressure. You can tell me later. Just you and I a girls' night before the dance." Gina replied.

"Ok. I'll tell you why but you can't tell anyone else." I sighed as I looked at the record player that Ricky touched when he was here earlier in the month.

"I promise not to tell anyone. I got to go shower but be here by 4 and then you can drive back to pick your sisters up by 6." Gina replied before hanging up.

*********

Since I didn't have any daily chores today, I decided to pack the dress that Gina had bought me and a small bottle of mascara into the backseat of my car.

Nothing better than leaving this hell house, I sighed and thought to myself as I left.

When I reached the front door of Gina's house, I nervously rang the doorbell while carrying the dress on my back and a small bag of makeup in my hand.

My hands are always full. And I don't even know why I have a makeup bag.

"Hey Isabella, Oh here let me help you there. It looks like your hands are full." I heard Gina say as I stood there looking like I'd drop something any minute.

"Thanks, I've never really been to someone's house before. This is really nice." I replied nervously.

"Come on. Let's go to my bedroom so we can talk and do each other's makeup. We have about two hours anyway. My mom is at work." Gina replied while taking my hand.

When we got to her room, I stared in awe. There were so many trophies and ribbons scattered all over the room. It was definitely bigger than my room.

"So what happened yesterday that made you not decide not to go to the dance?" Gina said to me scaring me out of my daydream about her room.

"You have to promise me that you won't to tell anyone." I told her as I sat down on a beanbag in the corner of her room.

"I promise not to tell anyone." Gina said as she sat on her bed across from the beanbag I was sitting on.

"Ricky asked me to be his friend date to the valentine's day dance since he thought that Nini wouldn't be able to come this weekend. I guess that there was some miscommunication or some surprise going on because Nini showed up at my work shift yesterday. Ricky was about to bring me pizza for dinner but went over to talk to Nini. I don't think that the pizza was for me at all. My friend Brandon saw the whole thing go down and noticed that I'm just a rebound girl since Nini doesn't go to East High anymore. I don't know how I got into this mess. I don't even know much about Nini except that she's dating Ricky. I'd rather not go to the dance but I have to take my stepsisters." I replied while looking at one of her trophies instead of her reaction.

"Oh my god. Nini is back! Yay! But damn girl you got your self into a hot mess. Ricky Bowen is an idiot for making you a rebound girl after Nini left for Denver. I need to talk with him about this. So are you avoiding him because you like him?" Gina said as she got up and nudged me in the shoulder while winking.

"I don't know, maybe. He's the first guy who wanted to be my friend besides Brandon. We have a lot in common too. Can we start doing our makeup? I don't know what to do for mine." I replied nervously while biting my nails.

"You like him!" Gina exclaimed happily as she walked over to her speaker and iphone to put on some music.

I noticed that Cyndi Lauper's Iconic song "Girls Just Want to Have Fun." started blasting on the speaker. Gina must have turned the music on while I was talking about Ricky.

"Let's have a dance party!" I exclaimed excitedly out of character.

"You still haven't told me if you like Ricky or not." Gina replied while getting up to dance around her bedroom with me.

Author's Note: Ok. So now Gina knows... What do you think Ricky will do about this love triangle? Will Nini Find out about Bella?