Chapter Forty-Three

Isabella Johnson

"So why'd you ask to meet at the diner? Not that I mind. I love this place." Brandon said while sipping on his milkshake.

"I just need to get my mind off of things and see my best friend." I said while sipping my milkshake.

"Is this about that article? Because I told you not to read it or look at the comments." Brandon said looking at me.

"Not really. And I don't look at social media." I said ignoring him to see if he would catch on to my mood.

"Then what's bothering you? Something is bothering you. Look at me Bells." Brandon said as he tried to pick me chin up from frowning.

"I saw Ricky talking to Nini on the phone in the music room earlier. He said that he still had feelings for her and misses her. Can we just not talk about it?" I snapped at him as I drank my milkshake.

"Oh we are going to talk about it. Bells you like him and you are too shy to admit it. I know that he used you as a rebound twice, but I think that he really does have feelings for you. I think that he's just confused with who he loves. Remember last fall when we saw the musical? His mom came with some other guy and kissed the stranger while Ricky was on stage. Maybe he doesn't have a good concept of love at home? He's trying to figure things out just as much as you are. He likes you Bells." Brandon said to me while eating a fry.

"Then why did he say he has feelings for Nini?" I snapped back at him a bit frustrated with my own feelings.

"He's young and in love. Once again, he's just confused with who he's in love with. Nini left for YAC to pursue her dreams and you came into the picture. Ricky has so much in common with you and he has chemistry with you. Don't deny it sis." Brandon said sternly while looking at me.

"Ok, so what if I do like Ricky? What do I do? Wait till he makes a move or ignore him? I'm confused on how I should feel." I said while taking a fry.

"I think that you should see how he responds to you ignoring him for a few days but don't be too harsh to him. He needs to make a move first since he practically crushed his friendship with you. If you need someone to talk to or sit with, I'm always here for you Bells. Don't let boy drama ruin our friendship." Brandon said as he drank his milkshake.

"Ok. Thanks for the advice B. You are the best friend anyone could ever ask for." I said while I stood up and sat next to him in the same booth as him leaning my head on his shoulder.

"You are the best friend anyone could ask for too. Love you Bells." Brandon said while patting my head lightly.

"I know what will lighten the mood." I said while lifting my head off of his shoulder and taking out some change out of my purse.

"Katy Perry!" We both exclaimed a bit too loudly in the diner at the the same time.

I put some quarters into the jukebox and our current favorite Katy Perry song came on.

I used to bite my tongue and hold my breath
Scared to rock the boat and make a mess
So I sat quietly, agreed politely
I guess that I forgot I had a choice
I let you push me past the breaking point
I stood for nothing, so I fell for everything

I sang loudly into the napkin holder onto the table with a goofy smile on my face.

You held me down, but I got up (hey)
Already brushing off the dust
You hear my voice, you hear that sound
Like thunder, gonna shake the ground
You held me down, but I got up (hey)
Get ready 'cause I've had enough
I see it all, I see it now

Brandon sang as he danced with me in the diner. The Manager laughed at us since he knew us at regulars.

Brandon and I busted out lip syncing the songs to the lyrics making a fool of ourselves as older elderly customers clapped for us.

This was exactly what I needed to end my horrible day.