Chapter Twenty-Five

*February 14th*

Isabella Johnson

"I told you that I'd save you a dance. Come on Bells, don't just sit there looking all sad." I heard my best friend Brandon say as he approached the table I was sitting at.

"What happened to your date?" I asked my best friend ass he took my hand.

"Eh. It didn't work out. You are more important." Brandon replied as we started to slow dance to one of my favorite Ed Sheeran Songs. (A/N: if you don't remember Andrew had a date with Brandon earlier)

"So, you came alone and didn't tell me? We could've gone together so I wouldn't have to go to Gina's house and get my makeup done. I hate makeup. You know that," I said to him as we swayed to the music.

Some people gave us weird looks, but I don't care. He's gay and he's my best friend.

 Deal with it people.

"Woah, you went to Gina's house? I'm hurt. You've never even been to my house before." Brandon dramatically fake gasped.

"That's because I always have chores to do for my evil witch mom and she let me have the day off today. Gina invited me over so that we could get ready together, and I might have had some girl talk with her. If you know who I'm talking about." I whispered as we danced slowly away from Ricky and Nini.

"I'm sorry Bells. You don't deserve to be treated like this. You are beautiful and talented. Let's scope out some eligible bachelors for you tonight so that you can forget about 'him'." Brandon whispered into my ear as the song changed to Katy Perry's "Teenage Dream".

"I think that I need a break from boys. No offense. You're the exception. Let's dance. This is our song." I replied to my best friend while putting on my best fake smile and starting to dance like a crazy person in front of him.

I continued to fake smile while Brandon and I danced to one of our favorite songs together. Inside I felt a bit sad because Ricky had ditched me not once but twice.

I don't know what it is about him but I like him. He listens and cares about me. He acts different around me when we're alone and then Nini shows up.

After the Katy Perry song had ended I decided to go back to theater kids table while Brandon went to go talk to some of his LGBTQ club friends on the dance floor. I took one glance at Ricky and Nini who were still dancing on the dance floor and sighed to myself.

If only fairy tales were real.

"Hey what's up Isabella? I'm sorry for being MIA part of the night I haven't seen Nini and some of my dance friends since last semester. How are you holding up?" Gina said as she sat next to me.

"Nothing much. Just taking a break from dancing. I'm fine." I replied as I lied as best as I could.

"I know. You are not fine. You told me earlier today. Its okay to be sad about it. Do you wanna talk with Natalie, Kourtney, and I? We can just chill for a bit nothing crazy like you and Brandon were doing." Gina said as she put an arm around my shoulder.

"I'm actually tired. I think I'll take a little break and maybe join you guys later if that's ok." I said to her as I glanced at Nini and Ricky heading to the photo station.

"I'm going to grab some snacks and a drink. I'll be back. Seb and Carlos will keep you company. They have been dancing all night. They are exhausted too." Gina replied as she got up to go to the food tables.

"So, who's the lucky guy who Gina's talking about? And what did he do?" Carlos leaned over to my side of the table to ask.

Before I could reply to Carlos, everyone's phone buzzed at the table with one new notification, even mine.

Every student who attended East High were addicted to the East High Weekly News app. I don't know who created it but the app started at the beginning of my sophomore year. There are blog posts about every senior who has attended and graduated from this school, there's even one about Troy Bolton. I guess the movie was right, people like drama because they can't 'Stick to the Status Quo'. I only know that song because Brandon made me watch the original HSM movies.

I didn't even get a chance to glance at my phone before my best friend Brandon came running to the table steadying himself.

"Bella, I was right have you seen this?" Brandon said to me as he shoved his phone into my face quite literally.

I gasped as I read the latest article title of the EHS Weekly Blog. This can't be true.

A/N: I made this and it's kinda awesome

A/N: I made this and it's kinda awesome. This is supposed to be what everyone sees on their screens. It's about to get real Wildcats!