My Anxiety Is Chronic But This Ass Is Iconic

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) part 69 eyyyyyy

(Tons of thanks to YourFriendlyArtChild for the title name!)

"(Y/N), Narancia, search the area. Search for even the smallest of signals." Bruno commanded, surveying the rather barren area. There were a few tourists on the other side, she noted, and it wasn't hard to differentiate them and the sunbathed sand, but what about their target? Would he be in with the crowd? It's impossible to tell, so she just does her best to track anyone coming closer.

"In the area... I don't sense any people." It's a little hard to pick people out from other small mammals when this sense isn't exactly formed from sight. Seeing as people were usually the same temperature, and it was hard to narrow down the size of the object, hotter things seemed bigger, a boiling pot has the same reaction as a small child, she had to be cautious not to mix things. Right now, there were only small reactions, most definitely from little critters in the rocky cliffs. Close by was the three other heat signatures from her friends, and nothing in the sea.

Narancia was searching the roads around them, specifically from the cliffs up above, any place that there would be any chance of a person. He could see the car exhaust of a vehicle barreling down the cliff, and a few more cars driving up, but there were several people in that car, and he's pretty sure the boss wouldn't steal some junk truck. "Neither do I, but there's a few cars coming up, and one of them just sped downhill..."

"Follow the path uphill and see where they might be heading." Bruno instructed, pausing for a moment as something prickled against his skin, a bad omen, and just as he worried, his stand caught a scalpel that someone had thrown at them. (Y/N) gasped, a slight breeze tickling against her back as she turned around, face to face with the iron object. "Narancia! Shoot them!"

"No! Don't! That's Rissy!" She tackled the younger boy, the spray of bullets going ary, only a few hit their target, but it wasn't the damage they wanted. "I know that scalpel! I used to pull them out of me three times a week! He isn't an enemy!"

"That sure as help sounds like one! Get off!" He griped. "I'm gonna blow them to pieces!"

"No! That's Risotto! I know it! Don't shoot! Don't you dare kill Risotto, Narancia!" As the others did their best to pry her little iron grips off their scout, she could only think about not letting that stubborn bastard get killed. She knew he was here, she knew he was grieving and angry, but she could explain it all on a later date. That everyone was alive and everyone was (sort of) okay. He was an assassin that didn't have the time to look back or remorse, and that he could only let the anger fuel him, but she wouldn't let it overtake him.

"Shoot the enemy, Narancia!" Bruno grit his teeth, trying to determine if there were any more attacks towards them. So far, they know that there is only one enemy, and (Y/N) seems convinced it is Risotto, the man who led the traitor group that they had gone against and that she had protected as much as she could. But if they were aiming to kill them, hell, even (Y/N), with whom the scalpel almost hit, then there should be no mercy to this man.

"T-they stopped moving! He's down!" Narancia exclaimed, finally shoving the girl off her. "There isn't anyone else!"

"All right, then we can all go check it out, confirm if it really was who you said." Abbacchio wasn't too keen on whoever she believed this was, even if she was familiar with this man, he was an assassin, the head of those that harmed them all.

"No. (Y/N), Abbacchio. You two stay back." Bruno ordered. Abbacchio didn't have time to waste, and they couldn't have (Y/N) in the way if they were to finish off Risotto in case something were to have happened. "We don't know how many of the boss's men are on this beach right now, I need you to hurry and replay the photage of the one who took the photo of Trish's mother on this beach fifteen years ago. We need to get out of here as soon as we can, or we'll be in danger."

"Bucciarati, I still remember the incident on the plane. Even though Mista gave him hell, it still fucked up half our team, I won't be able to rest until I can confirm who is on that cliff." Abbacchio glanced upwards, then at the very agitated girl.

"Narancia, the target is still alive, you say?" His question was answered with a curt nod, the man was breathing heavy and ragged, he must have lost a lot of blood somehow, in any case, he is weak right now. "I see. Abbacchio. Use Moody Blues to get the replay going right away. (Y/N), you stay and make sure no one comes close."

"Alright."

"Okay."

The dull tone of Moody Blues drilled through the salty air as he started the search. "We cannot stay here long. How much time do you need?"

"Well, we are talking about fifteen years ago. Eight-ten minutes will be enough." It was a rough estimate, but he knew staying still for so long was risky.

"Do it in five" Bruno ordered. "Giorno, Trish, and Mista are standing by in the turtle, so I'll bring them out here too. The moment we learn the Boss's true identity, we'll leave here immediately. Narancia, use Aerosmith to signal to the others to get out here. (Y/N). Stay."

"... Yes Capo." She sat down by the rock, curling into fetal position to take her phone out of her bag and angrily texting  a message to the others to hurry the fuck up and get there before Risotto died or soemthing worse. They were already on their way,being the car that was speeding up the hill, they were only a few moments from the scene of the crime, skidding to a stop to swarm their leader and stop the bleeding.

"Hey! There's more of them! Three, four, six, six of them! There's six more!" Narancia grit his teeth, they wouldn't survive a fight with them being so outnumbered, but then... "Hey wait! I know that guy!"

Formaggio glanced over, he recognized those bullet holes, and wouldn't you know, but the one responsible comes strutting up. Did he cut off Capo's leg too? "You're the little idiot that was on shopping duty!"

"Bruno and his gang. Where's the rest of them?" That is, assuming they were all alive. He knows their favorite little rat is, she texted them not long ago, but then where was she? Grounded? He wouldn't hold it against Bruno if he grounded the eighteen year old. "I've heard you've also turned traitor."

"I have nothing to discuss with the likes of any of you. Your head attacked us out of nowhere." He held up the scalpel, and La Squadra instinctively rubbed their necks out of phantom pains.

"Really? Because this looks like an all out beatdown. But I believe you, no way you tactless monkeys could sneak up on him." But the real evidence was the amputated leg. It was obviously inflicted by something other than the tiny airplane, and they know that these two have just arrived. There was someone else he fought against, but, was it who they were all after? "Where's (Y/N)?"

"She's busy on a small job. If there is something you need to tell her, you can let me deliver the message." He still didn't trust them, no matter what (Y/N) said, they were assassins, and they were best left alone.

"Then we'll call her. Melone, bring Risotto inside." Prosciutto was basically the second in command and did his job as such. Their leader would always be Risotto, but at times like this, that just wasn't possible with his condition.

"No. I will speak to her myself." While fading in and out of consciousness, he had heard enough to understand the situation. It was annoying knowing that she was handed off to them, of all people, but his team was safe because of her antics. And, he wanted to know how she was faring during all of this. "Give me the phone. I will talk to (Y/N) myself."