On The Outside I Skrrt Skrrt But On The Inside I Hurt Hurt

"W-What-?!" Tiziano managed to maneuver himself in front of his fiance, shielding him and his wounds from sight. This was not at all according to plan, and since when had she even found them? Well, it wasn't as if standing literally in view, not hidden at all, across the canal, on top of the roof and staring at them helped much. But it would be alright, This was only a minor setback! Right now, Squalo was dealing with Giorno and Narancia, so he needed to stall. "...You're very feather footed, aren't you? I don't think even your team has realized you disappeared yet."

He was correct about that too, the three of them have been staring at the sharp-like stand that Moody Blues had been imitating in one of the glasses of water. "It's no use, Bucciarati. I can't replay this enemy any further. I know for sure that they were in this cup on top of this table. But they were only there for a moment. From there, Moody Blues can't transform, nor go forward."

"What do you mean, Abbacchio?" Bruno leaned forward, analyzing the small shark in the glass of water.

"I don't know. Maybe they can teleport. But I don't have the answer. The reply for this enemy... It won't go any further, like a videotape that's been torn." He sighed, rubbing his temples in thought. "(Y/N), drink some of the other waters, they don't have anything."

Mista hummed, glancing up. "(Y/N)?"

Oh fuck. Where did she fucking go??? "(Y/N)?!"

She didn't dare say a word in response to the concerned voices below. Focus glued on the two conversing men. "Heyy! Don't ignore me! You're at the mercy of my stand, you know!"

How very threatening. Squalo clicked his tongue. He had to finish this off quickly, get rid of Narancia's tail first and then kill this girl. It was easier said than done, he couldn't get rid of the gunshot residue, even in water. There was no way to escape, the best solution he had was to go somewhere he couldn't be tracked. Why, the kitchen, there had to be gas burner stove tops he could use! He narrowed his eyes, doing his best to try and focus only on the job at hand, a gunshot grazing his temple. Behind his beloved's back, he silently cussed. "Shit! His attacks are becoming more precise!"

"Hey! You with the face! I want to see both of you!" (Y/N) hissed, only to flinch at the next gunshot wound that pierced through Squalo's shoulder. They were getting a total beatdown, so why did he look so triumphant? She can tell that something was churning in their brains just as the three heat signatures behind her had ducked inside the restaurant. "The fuck are you doing?! What's going on?!"

"Absolutely nothing. Say, why aren't we dead yet?" Tiziano was quick to latch onto the surprise she had at the sight of all that blood. To be honest, he would have been much more worried, but now wasn't the time for fear. "Don't tell me you've never killed anyone before?"

"Maybe I did, maybe I didn't. Doesn't matter, I'll kill you if you hurt my friends!" Her stand raised their hands accusingly, ready to disintegrate them in a moment's notice. She had killed before, it was a total accident, but she had killed before, that was all that mattered. She would regret it for the rest of her life, but if it meant that everyone would live to see another day, she would do it.

"There's no need. Your friends hurt themselves." Tiziano's eyes narrowed, he had released Talking Head from Narancia's mouth to lure the others inside and to get Mista to pull the trigger, a large explosion erupting across the street from them.

Her eye widened, and she opened her mouth. "Soda City Funk! Party Tri-"

A glimmer in the light caught her eye, trailing down to the ring that flickered in the sunlight. As if noticing her gaze, he tightened his hand and pulled the matching rings out of sight. "What? Finish the job."

"Are you... engaged?" She whispered, suddenly unable to raise her hands and shoot anymore. Maybe it was a trick of the light or just her lack of sleep, but she swore she saw them, her old friends, underneath the bleachers in the glow of the field lights. Of course, that wasn't the case. It didn't seem to quell the spring of memories that bubbled in her throat however. "To each other?"

"Oh god, look kid, we already face enough discrimination and hate already, can you not-"

"No- no, it's not that. Just... reminded me of something." Her eyes flickered towards the orange haired man. "If you love him, why do you let him get hurt so much?"

"Excuse me?"

"That guy, Squalo. You know the boss doesn't care if either of you die, right? He just sees you as pawns. Why are you being pawns for him?" It was a little annoying that she so casually used his name, but the more they stalled, the sooner they could tear her throat out.

"Because it isn't as if we have a choice." He held the bleeding body closer, eyes locked on the teenager that just darted out of the restaurant. If he was searching for the stand, it was too late, Squalo's little shark was in his cup, ready to attack (Y/N) at any time. He had left the body to attack now before Tiziano got hurt, but she didn't follow through, so he hadn't killed her yet. It wasn't part of the plan. "Do you think I want him to sacrifice himself every mission? Of course I don't, but it's just the way things are going to be done."

"Hm. Well that sounds like a shit way to live." No tact, straight fact. "But it could be worse. I'm sure you know we want to overthrow the boss, so it's guaranteed we'll see each other soon and I can apologize for this but-"

"Apologize for what-" Before they could finish their sentence, she had dropped them from four stories in the air down to the concrete floor. They wouldn't die, probably, but they'll stay out of commission long enough for them to deal with the boss, hopefully.

"(Y/N)?!" Narancia looked up, spotting the girl above the two bodies on the floor. "D-Did you get them? Were they the stand users??"

"Yep! For elite guard or whatever, they sucked at concealing themselves!" She jumped off, a few bystanders screaming in horror only for her to land on the ground without a single noise. They would be fine, four stories was only like, a fifty percent kill rate and they were stand users, so it would be cool. "Let's get out of here before more come, okay?"

"Y-yea..." He glanced at the twitching bodies on the ground, following her to the boat where they had already thrown Giorno's half drowned corpse in and piled on themselves. They too had seen the collapsed bodies, so surely, she had killed them this time. She hadn't, but they didn't need to know that. "Are you okay? Did they injure you?"

"Nope! You guys distracted them enough for me to get them defenseless!" She gave him a thumbs up and ruffled his hair, only for the rest of them, hair scruffed and cheeks dusted with dirt and grime from the explosion, piled into their original seating.

"Glad to know." Mista grumbled, tapping one of the bruises on his cheeks before recoiling from the pain. "Sooo glad."

"Why, thank you! I worked tirelessly." She hummed, patting Giorno's back to help get rid of all the water. Finally, they would be leaving Venice. Their next target? Sardinia.

-+-

Wow. Well 2020 was a shit show. I started this book on September 20, when all I wanted was an escape from it all, and I got so much more than that. Thank you all for coming with me on this drugged up journey, and I wish you all luck for this year.

Drink water, go stand outside for five seconds, and smile, good things are coming!