I Dont Have To be Drunk Or High To Make Bad Life Decisions

Somehow, word had gotten around and Polpo had taken an interest. After staying in a prison for eternity and a half, he was looking for an assistant. Bruno was an obvious choice if he wasn't busy with his own little group, no, he needed a fresh slate, and the young (H/C) haired girl with a single eye and dubious origin fit perfectly. She was already considered dead or missing along with two nurses and a doctor, so it wasn't as if many would be looking for her soon. the case was already closed, oddly enough. It just felt like fate! After a few more days of rest, the frazzled girl was brought to the foot of a maximum security prison. "Bruno? Why am I here?"

The man in question couldn't answer for he didn't know the exact reason either. After having to spend those few days with the girl in the ward, he was certain that she was just a regular teenager with a regular life. School, finals, friends, dreams, getting dissected by a green virus looking weirdo and his dog and then passing out only to wake up in the middle of a forest in a random guy's arms, crane games, chores, and part time jobs. It wasn't fair for her to be in this situation, hair done up in a bun and hidden by a hat, two strands still framing her small face. The nurses had done well in their makeup and clothing, she didn't stand out at all, which was going to be very useful for where they were. "I'm not sure, just try to lay low and you should be fine."

"I'm considered missing and or dead and I'm going into a high security prison."

"You should be fine." He ushered her inside, her feet nicking the small step and almost face planting into the cool grey floor tiling. A guard glanced up, pushing off the wall to look over the visitor.

"Uh. Hi, I'm here to see uh... Polpo...?" She murmured, hoping she got the name right. She couldn't really tell by his expression, It was either surprised or confused, and she isn't sure if it's cause of the patch covering her not-eye, or because she just said a cuss word in his very obscure dying mother tongue. Or maybe because she actually wanted to see a capo, she wasn't really sure. Whatever the reason, they lead her over to some metal detectors and went in for a pat down. Thankfully, the woman didn't ask about the eye thing.

"You get fifteen minutes, if you need anything just yell. You are not allowed to give or receive anything from the detained." She ordered, leading her to a metal door.

"Not even a kiss?" (Y/N) joked, hands stuffed in the pockets of the oversized grey hoodie draped over her figure. Apparently, this didn't amuse the worker, she just stared at the younger girl before allowing her down a barren hall with nothing but three masks, which was odd enough... She was greeted with a single boxed in room, one side being completely glass, although it was probably reinforced. "Hello...?"

"Good afternoon, dear." The hulking chonkers of a man sat up, surprising the small girl on the other side of the cage. She didn't see him a moment ago, where did he come from? The bed? Was he the bed...? "How are you healing?"

"Besides the fact I haven't been able to regrow my eye? Pretty good." She nodded, rubbing the small white patch. "How about you, bro?"

"Aren't you a considerate one? Well, someone brought me a special pizza earlier today, so I'm in a very good mood." He bellowed, patting his stomach before reaching into a little fridge, taking out a few small cups of pistachio gelato. "I have a few sweets in here with me, would you like one?"

"I'll pass, I'm not supposed to eat anything too cold or hot yet, but maybe next time? I like chocolate more." She hummed, rocking on her feet. "Bruno told me you asked for me?"

"Yes, he is correct. I wanted to ask you to join the mafia! I know you can't really return to your life beforehand, so I am taking this opportunity to recruit you." He waved the spoon, starting to eat his cool snack. "You will be something of... an assistant for me. There's nothing more useful than someone who's already considered dead to the people! But that doesn't mean you get much special treatment, you need to take the same test as everyone else."

"Test?" She tilted her head, waiting for him to elaborate. Look, she just finished school, she's forgotten everything. Two plus two? It's Fish.

"Yes, trust is the most important factor in choosing a candidate, and I need to make sure you won't turn on me." He handed her a lit lighter. "Do not let this flame go out for 24 hours. If you do, you will not be able to join and you will roam these streets a ghost."

"Ghost, huh? I think I would make a pretty good ghost..." She carefully took the lighter. "But I thought I wasn't supposed to take anything from you?" She whispered, glancing toward the doors. How would she hide the lighter?

"What people say and what they mean are two very different things. That's the best and worst part about people." He hummed, shooing her off. "Now then, I have other matters to attend to. Good luck, and do not fail me."

"Don't get your hopes up!" She hummed, not really joking. She's disappointed plenty of people before, but for once, she kind of wanted to prove herself.