I Want My Life To Be H2Over

"Well, yes. I am the manager. I control this district and this operation. This Factory is under my control, and so are many others. If you wish, I can contact the others and find some others." He grinned, raising his glass to his lips as he drummed his fingers against his cane in thought. She watched his throat, but it did not bob. "They have no choice but to bow to me, anyway, so do not worry about availability."

(Y/N) hummed softly, her eyes shutting closed. Their souls didn't move, simply waiting for her answer. What about outside? It isn't a trick she's used often, and her mind throbbed from the great deal of stress that was forced upon it. Past the walls, past the insulation and the concrete, she could feel more souls, blurry to her, but they were there. "I shouldn't have to. Why can you not offer them now? I already told you, we search for the best of the best. I've heard that another mafia has grown considerably recently in Italy... do understand that while I cannot say a word, I am always eligible to try somewhere else."

A grin tugged at the corners of her enemy, and the man that escorted her puffed a chuckle. It wasn't that she was wrong, they just believed that she believed she was with Passione. She wasn't a part of any mafias, that for sure. Passione's new, wimpy leader had banned human trafficking. "Of course. I understand. But you don't have any requirements, I thought?"

"What if I ask for requirements later? Are you willing to give me what I want? Or will you give me a half assed job that isn't worth our time?" She crossed her arms, zoning out again to try and search for her backup. Her head pounded even more, but there it was, unmistakably a group of people from the speedwagon foundation. She couldn't look out of the single window, but she didn't have to check. Glancing at the glass of wine resting between his fingers, she realized just how parched her throat was.

"Nonono, I would never, not to such an esteemed guest. Believe me when I say I can easily acquire what is asked of." He grinned, reaching over to brush his hand against a hefty notebook, as if he knew something she didn't. His smile said enough. He sat above her, far above her, a predator feigning weakness for his prey, and what a show. He sat higher than a Capo. She knew that much. What was he? The Underboss? The Consigliere? Perhaps, even the boss himself? No, it couldn't be the latter, but she couldn't dismiss the idea completely. Think back on his wording, his tone, his actions. He acts above everyone else. Capo's, although they might chat, are never too close to one another. Not enough to hand out valuable commodities at the drop of a hat. Unless, was he acquainted with many of them? He mentioned that he was the manager, he controlled much more than just this one factory. If there were other areas with other people in control, he was the one who sat even above them. They wouldn't give such a job to foot soldiers, so that meant those had to be Capos, and then he... He had to be an underboss. He controlled this group of Capos, so he must be. But that wasn't good enough. She needed more. Someone of an even higher position. But how was she expected to lure them...?

"Don't worry, we are able to acquire what is necessary. But if I may ask for another meeting at a later time? You still need to place an order, you know." Antonio hummed, still leaning against the wall. (Y/N) nodded, just barely acknowledging his presence. Actually, why was he still here? "How many humans can we set you up for?"

"Let's start small. I'll take just a few. How much would they cost?" She whipped out her phone to open a checkbook. Human beings, despite their beauty and complexity, could sell between four thousand to a meager fifty thousand in human trafficking depending on the person. Of course, it's not like she could buy any anyway. She doesn't have a bank account. This was all just stalling. How much longer would she have to do this? The Antonio guy is glaring at her and Mr. Gaps is really weird. Shutting her eyes to massage her temples, souls have started to surround the building, including, faintly, people she knew. They were here!

"Boss!" The jolt of a man pounding against the mahogany door broke her free of her thoughts. Uh oh. "There's people surrounding the building!"

Two sets of eyes latched onto her like a snake would a mouse. (Y/N) had to prevent herself from squeaking like one. "What's going on?"

"...Nothing. Boss, what should we do?" Mr. Gaps stood, turned to the one behind him and the only other one allowed in the room.

...What? No, that made sense. Thinking back on everything, Mr. Gaps never treated him as a subordinate, or included him with the subordinates. Even if Antonio referred to him as boss, why did she believe it? It was faked, of course it was. The boss wouldn't have revealed himself to some strange woman. But with the kid, no, he's posed as a subordinate for longer than that! Standing alone at the top makes him way too easy to find, it works the same way that fish school, a bunch of small, minor characters, so many that it would be almost impossible to find the golden one! It's a wooden needle in a haystack! No wonder he's survived for so long against Diavolo! He doesn't stand out at all! "Is something the matter?"

"You stay there!" Mr. Gaps hissed, turning to look out the window and spotting an odd group of people, but one he recognized in an instant. Blond and pretty, he was the one who inherited Passione, but when did he arrive? No, he had to know their exact location. Of course the girl was a trap. Fuck. They let their guard down. They didn't believe such an ignorant person could scheme up anything at all. Not after the whole stunt about drugs. "Shit, shit shit shit..."

A gun pressed against her back, leading her to the window. "You know any of those people?"

"I thought you didn't hurt women." A drop of sweat slid down her jugular, dead eyes watching the group through the window. It didn't take long for one of them to notice her, Narancia pointed up towards her, yelling something she couldn't hear.

There was a metal click behind her, the cold metal dug into her skin, burning a circle on her flesh. "I hurt traitors."

Her hands didn't shake, and she drew a slow breath.

"Do it."