Different Day And Same Dumb Bitch

"We're getting another guy?" (Y/N) leaned over Bruno's shoulder, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. Technically, she was using the royal we. 'They' were a different group with different functions and different orders. All she did was drop cars and letters off to everyone to help them with their jobs. "Who's it gonna be?"

"This man." He ran his thumb over the text. It was a small article, a murder. He didn't seem to mind how close she was, or how she snuggled closer for warmth. It was a little colder these days, and mornings were spent mostly the same, Fugo with his junk food breakfasts, Abbacchio without his makeup drinking espressos and brooding, Narcy eating a bowl of fruit loops, and (Y/N) the heat-seeking missile clinging on whatever is the warmest in the room. They had gotten used to it by now, simply adjusting a little to make room for the little parasite. "I want to talk to him first, but I think he would make a wonderful addition."

"Mhmm..." She shut her eyes, dozing off again on his shoulder before Narancia shook her awake. She helped him with his schoolwork and stuff, so naturally he was inclined to turn to her instead of Fugo, mostly because she was a relatively good teacher and explained things in detail, but partially because he liked it when her attention was on him. "What's up, little man?"

"I'm taller than you..." He pushed his worksheet in front of her, the page riddled with red pen marks and fugo's handwriting. "And I need help on the subtraction problems, I don't get them at all."

(Y/N) ignored his comment and sat at the table to look at a question. 231-135=104. It was marked incorrect, of course. "Sit down. I think I know what you did wrong. You started to subtract the bigger numbers first and when you got to that last one, you couldn't subtract it."

"Huh? Yea! That's what happened!" He gaped. Was she magic? Even Fugo didn't understand when he explained his steps!

"Thought so. Well that's your mistake right there, you need to work on the smaller ones first before building up." She rewrote the equation and took him through step by step, making sure he was following her one by one. "You have to start at the smaller bits first. It's like baking. You have to get all the little ingredients and work your way step by step instead of the other way around."

"Oh... okay." Bruno looked up in confusion, that didn't make a lot of sense for what they were trying to do, but he shrugged it off, Narancia seemed to understand the concept somehow so he had no right to say anything. "So then... You do it like this, right?"

"Yea, just like that. Let's check our work, okay? If you add these two up, what do you get?" (Y/N) set her head on the table, shutting her eyes as he calculated the answer.

"You get the same number from before?" He turned to look at her, waiting for confirmation and making sure there weren't any utensils to shank him with.

"Exactly. That's how you check your work. It's very important." She nodded, waving goodbye to Bruno as he left to go talk with the man.

"Fugo didn't tell me about that..." He scratched the pencil against his head, working on the next problem and checking his work.

"Well now you know, right?" Fugo didn't need to, it must have just slipped his mind. He was a smart person, and although she doesn't know his background, she understood that that same intelligence could be his downfall. "Just make sure to check your work when you can. It takes a little more time, but you're guaranteed to get it right more often. You don't have to do these fast, so focus on correctness."

"Okay. I will. Thank you." He stood up to go show Fugo the redone questions, and the room was silent once more. Taking a deep breath, she decided to go take a nap on the couch despite getting up only a few minutes ago. The couch was actually really comfy, she's fallen asleep there many times. A yawn slipped from her mouth as she walked over, opening her eyes and flinching at the sight of Abbacchio already sitting there, almost falling back out of shock. He raised an eyebrow, about to say something but deciding against it.

"I totally forgot you were here." She answered, clutching her left boob where her heart had not yet returned. "You're always so quiet."

How ironic, when she didn't make a sound when she walked. He just grumbled in response, drinking that last of his coffee and swiping a drop of coffee off his lower lip, too lazy to take his cup to the sink, or set it on the coffee table just out of reach.

"I got you, bud." She took his cup and chucked it into the sink without a single glance, opening her mouth to talk. He watched it slam dunk into the metal sink perfectly and shatter, but she either didn't notice or didn't care. "Anyway, about a few days ago."

He raised an eyebrow, knowing exactly the moment she was referring to, but he said nothing.

"... I can't tell if you know what I'm talking about." She sat down on the other end of the couch, throwing her legs across the free space and cupping her cheek in her hand. "But it's been bugging me. I know you were just trying to make me feel better, so I shouldn't have blown up on you like that. I'm sorry."

He examined the girl next to him. The patterned medical patch over her eye, she always wore one if not her mask, her spaghetti strap top with cat print, and her baggy sweatpants, she didn't look like a gang member. She just looked like an average teenager with dreams and aspirations. "What's under your eyepatch?"

"My eyelid. Who's asking?" She brushed her fingers over the medical patch, pressing it closer into her skin despite it already being secure. She had lost her eye almost a year ago, but she still wore her patch.

"Me. I want to know why you always cover that eye." It wasn't like anyone could look it up. Her records were nonexistent. She didn't exist anywhere according to the government. But then how was she enrolled into schools? It was almost like they were deleted.

"Fashion choices."

"You're in your sleepwear." She was doing that thing again. (Y/N) never really talked about herself, well, no one here did, but once you got too close she reacts. "So what's the matter with your eye?"

"I don't have one."

"Har har." He rolled his eyes, still awaiting a proper answer until he caught a glimpse of her face. Was she not joking as she always was? He couldn't tell what was real and what wasn't, another trick of hers, no doubt. The silence enveloped them again, waiting for the other to speak so they know how to react. "What happened to it?"

"Someone took it. A doctor with a modified lab coat. He took my eye." She murmured, pulling her legs up into her chest, picking at the edge of the cotton pad. Both of them weren't sure why she had decided to open up, and he reached forward, peeling back the tape piece by piece. She didn't stop him. As it fell to the couch cushions, he focused on her missing eye. She wasn't lying. "It's ugly, so I cover it."

"It doesn't look that bad. You look fine. Your frown looks worse than anything." He scolded, sitting back down and taking the TV remote.

Her lips tugged upwards into a soft smile, pressing her hand to her eye. "Yea. Okay."

-+-

AHAHA DOUBLE UPDATE FUCK YOU

As celebration for completing my work, have more of our fav Lion Lamb