I'm Extremely Ravilonely

"What'd you call me in for, Giogio?" (Y/N) sat back on the couch, admiring the fresh coat of nail polish she just applied. The top coat was still drying, so she would have to be careful until it completely hardened, lest she want to ruin its beauty. "Got another thing you want me to do? Another rumor to spread?"

"No, today's task is simple." He gave her a soft smile, glancing at the turtle in the spacious tank provided to him. Polnareff was in direct contact to Jotaro, any wrong step would alert them, but he had other manners of obtaining information underneath their nose. (Y/N) was the key to much of it, tapping out her findings in Morse Code out of his sight. Their conversations were one-sided to avoid suspicion, only a dump of information over a conversation before she left. "Sheila E. told me you saw Fugo."

(Y/N) pursed her lips. She knew she did. She saw him in that bar, looking distraught but still playing the piano so flawlessly. They would have expected no less from him. "I did. He's working on a bar in the alleys."

"Did you talk to him?" Giorno rested his head in his hand, staring at her through golden lashes as his undone braid slithered and curled around his shoulders in gentle waterfalls. He expected that she would, she was the type to say hello no matter what the occasion. That's how he knew her. That's how she always was. To be remembered, maybe.

"No." That word, so small yet so heavy, it felt as if she was being chastised. Not by Giorno, however. "I wasn't sure if he wanted to see me."

"Why wouldn't he?" He pressed.

"I don't know." She looked away, staring at the reflection of the small, shallow pond of water for Coco Jumbo. There was nothing interesting about it at all. The water was clean and probably cold, seeing as she changed it only a little while ago. "If he wanted to be seen, he wouldn't be working at some little hole in the wall, wouldn't he?"

GIorno couldn't refute, letting his body fall back into his chair. "Then can you talk to him? I want to bring him back."

"You said he was a liability." She suppressed the urge to dig her fingernails into her palm, and Giorno noted it. Fugo was a bit of a sensitive topic in the group, they were even apprehensive when it came to entering his room to clean it and prepare it for the move.

"I never said I wouldn't help him control his stand." He shut his eyes. "I want him to take down the narcotics team."

She glanced at him. Was he truly so sure of such a thing? "It's only been a week, we don't know if the others are successful-"

"They won't be. The narcotics team is on equal standing with Passione not because of the drugs they make, but also because they know their stands. They know how they work and how to use them." Giorno stared at the papers in front of him, pages and pages of conversations and information gathered by Murolo's stand.

"You don't plan on sending him alone, right?" (Y/N) chewed her bottom lip. "Are you going to send one of us with him?"

"No, this is still a test, regardless, he will receive help from the two others to cure their suspicions. He wont survive if it's only him. It would be the same case as us against La Squadra." He knows they are loyal to him, but he cannot give them any special treatment. Glancing up, he could tell that (Y/N) was antsy to ask a few questions.

"Why are you telling me this? Why can't you wait to tell the others, too?" She gently ran a finger over her nail. "Or Bruno, Bruno knew him the longest."

"Because I want you to talk to him." He answered. It had to be her. "You know where he is, after all."

"That doesn't answer much." She huffed. Wouldn't someone like Narancia be better? Or Bruno? He was closer to them than her.

"It answers the question." No, it had to be her. From their last moment, it had to be her to meet Fugo. "Take Sheila with you. He will be working with her and Canolo. I don't care when this is done, just do it soon. Everything is ready, I only need them."

"..." (Y/N) furrowed her eyebrows, it wasn't as if she would disobey an order, but how could she approach him? What if he forgot her? "Giorno, are you sure it has to be me? What would I even say?"

"It doesn't need to be fancy. Say what has to be said. You don't need to treat him as a friend. Right now, he is a man who has betrayed the current Don. You don't need to be friendly, you just need to relay the basics. If you believe you can do that, then I don't care what you add to the mix." He shut his eyes, waving the topic off. "Don't worry about it too much. It doesn't even need to be a conversation. Tell him everything bluntly and leave if you want."

Even if she nodded, they both know she couldn't do something so cold to a friend. It wasn't as if they didn't have anything to talk about, granted, they had enough stories to fill an entire day. Fights and the boss and how they moved to a huge mansion, there was so much they could chat about, but couldn't. It just wasn't right yet.

"Sheila E. and Canolo both know their jobs and target. I asked them to take out only one man." She already knew who it was, seeing as she was the one to go out to research it. Even without the backing of Passione, drugs continued to swarm the streets. Grown from the heart of Italy themselves, They were different from regular hallucinogens. Described as... 'fresh', they wore out after a short time and had to be sold fast, which wasn't a problem. As strong as any other drug, they were produced from simple salt and a stand as horrifying as can be. While he wasn't the leader, he was definitely the center of it all. Once he was gone, then it would all be over.

"Alright." (Y/N) nodded. "Yea, I'll do it."

"It wasn't exactly a choice, (Y/N)." Giorno chuckled, returning to sifting through all the information on his desk. He would press this on another member if it wasn't top secret. So far, the only two who knew of the details was Murolo and himself, another plan stirring in the pot. "Tell me when you'll meet him and where, and I'll send Sheila there."

"Tomorrow, the bar in the alleys." She leaned back, relaxing in her seat. It was painfully quiet in his office, save for the hum of the heat lamp in the tortoise's enclosure. Glancing down, she stared quizzically at her leg that just wouldn't stop shaking.