Gingersnap My Fucking Neck

"Wh-what the hell is going on? What's up with this ability? How far has this damn thing spread?" Mista barked, shoulders hunched forward in disgust.

"It doesn't look like they're dying or in pain... Everyone just has these vacant stares." Trish commented, glancing at her own fingers, skin already starting to melt and shift into something else. "But there is this fear of becoming something else. The fear that, slowly but surely, both my body and my soul are going to disappear."

"Trish!"

"I-I'm fine! But..." She didn't have to continue, they knew what she was saying. They had to defeat Chariot fast...

"The starting time is imminent. It will happen differently for each of us, but it'll start soon. For all of us." He mumbled, the second form beginning to twitch.

"Polnareff! This is happening because you brought the arrow! You said it had the power to defeat the boss, but instead, you basically ended us!" Mista pointed at the turtle, they were all on edge, looking for something to blame, but pointing fingers would do them nothing. There was no point trying to pin the blame, they had to solve this and quickly.

"Stop! This is far beyond anyone's expectations. It's more important that we find a way to defeat Requiem." Bruno ordered, turning to jog towards the Stand as mostly everyone else followed behind. "After it!"

"Don't move, Mista!" Giorno stopped them all in their tracks. "Trish, (Y/N), Bucciarati! All of you stay where you are! Stay right there!"

"Wha-" Mista raised an eyebrow and turned to continue following Chariot, only to get scolded.

"I just told you not to move, Mista! We can catch up to Requiem in a second!"

"Hey hey hey! What's the big idea!" (Y/N) set her hands on her hips, tapping her foot. "This is not the time, Giogio!"

"I picked up Mista's revolver. The one that you said broke a moment ago." He held the gun in his hand, inspecting the broken pieces. "This broken part doesn't match up correctly with the rest of it. If it just broke due to metal fatigue, they should still fit together. "

"What are you getting at, Giorno?' Bruno's eyes narrowed, but as he took a step closer, Giorno yelled at him to stay where he was too. They needed to keep a distance from each other.

"You dumbass! Requiem is getting away! The bullets said it was metal fatigue, so it's metal fatigue! I have a new Beretta, too!" He held up his gun. The part didn't match because a piece flew off or something!

"It could be something more. We'll be able to tell as soon as we see this lost piece." He gestured to a star nosed mole that waddled its way up to them. "I gave a part of the gun life and let it loose, Moles are basically blind, but their sense of smell is unparalleled, It found its lost piece, but it doesn't fit properly with the rest."

'H-Hey, wait a sec! Are you saying someone just used immense force to tear the gun apart? Listen up, The bullets and I are very clear on this! There's no one who got close to me in this square-"

"You're exactly right, no one did. That's why we need to stay apart from each other, because his range is only a few meters!" No, was he really implying... "No one got close to Narancia when he was attacked, either. No one... other than us. Mr. Polnareff, if your guess is correct and the boss had two personalities, then he should be able to get in and out of another's mind freely. Diavolo has inhabited one of us. If he stays hidden, Trish can't detect his existence. The reason he's staying hidden now is because he is waiting for us to obtain the arrow for good. That's why he also appeared for a brief moment to destroy the gun."

"W-Wait a second! My gun was destroyed!" Mista pointed to himself. It couldn't be him!

"You're the one closest to the gun."

"I-It's not me! When Narancia and (Y/N) were attacked, the one closest to them was..." He racked his brain for an answer, but all he could remember was that cursed number of bullets, dammit...

"He's hiding in one of us. But despite that, we have one advantage. Diavolo can make King Crimson appear, But he doesn't have complete control of the body that he's inhabiting right now. If he had total control, he wouldn't just quietly stay hidden. It's because he can't manifest and move around freely that we all still live and haven't been eliminated. In a sense, we have him cornered."

"It's the turtle, it was the closest one to my revolver! Polnareff is the one who's possessed!" Mista pointed, but that wasn't possible. He was almost killed by Requiem earlier because of the boss, and he wouldn't allow harm to come to the body he was inhabiting. And I can tell, his body only has a single soul inside. I will check all of you to see who has two."

(Y/N) grumbled and glanced at the others, touching the healed cut on her neck. It couldn't have been her... She was attacked, but no one else had it either, she could see that there was only a single soul in them. Then who? Who was it? Her gaze fell on Trish, flickering between Mista's body and her soul, but something was wrong. Those eyes were not hers. "G-Giogio, I think... I think he's inhabiting Trish-"

Exposed, King Crimson lept from her body, reaching as far as he could to kill Giorno, yet only succeeding in chopping his arm off. " It's Mista! She was the one possessed! Spice Girls!"

"No, Trish! It's you! He got closer instantly by moving your body closer to him!" Bruno warned, but it was too late, a hand clamped around Spice Girl's neck, squeezing the blood vessels hard enough to force her out cold.

"I've been waiting for this moment, my daughter... The moment you unleashed your Stand!"

-+-

So after I finish the plot of part five, I may need a little time to plan out literally fucking everything else and to reread Purple Haze Feedback so I can tweak shit and plot shit. 

In the meantime, why not host a Q&A to pretend like I know what I'm doing? :D

Send in questions! All the questions! Ask me shit! I dare you!