Call Me An Escalator Because I Let People Down

"(Y/N)" Risotto called, rapping the door with his knuckle.

"Yeaa?" She opened it, currently nursing the bruise on her arm. The swelling had gone down some, but the color was still an ugly purple. He glanced up toward her face, half expecting to see her goofy grin, but the girl had changed during her stay. She was a little more lean, grown a little taller, hair longer, and almost a little more mature. It startled him a little, how just a few months ago she stood in front of him with her PJ's on, goofy smile and messy hair, still a kid in a teenager's body. But when she smiled, it was almost like her former self had returned, like she hadn't changed at all. It worried him, but he knew that she was well trained. She had finished her training, actually. There was nothing left to teach her, but in her last week, they had decided to give her an out. She was going to work as a messenger, and he would have her do a job for them. She won't kill anyone, but she will bring one of their targets to them, as he is sure it will happen a few times.

"You're almost done with your training, but I want you to get some experience before you return." This shocked her, she had almost forgotten that this wasn't as permanent, and she glanced around at the polaroids that hung on the walls,
Pesci and her laughing as they lured Ghiaccio up with a homemade almond cookie, holding back laughter best they could,
Formaggio and her smiling up while holding their little fur baby, the cat she found off the street that was currently lounging in the afternoon sun on her windowsill,
that time when she got hairspray and meticulously styled each of Ghiaccio's curls into a little blue rose, you can see her on the ground after finishing,
a moment Illuso caught, (you could see him in the mirror as the camera flashed) when she jumped out of the mirror and scared Prosciutto so badly he dropped his croissant, which was flying out of frame. Ghiaccio almost pissed himself laughing because Pros screams like a girl.
a time when she asked if she could try on melone's headband because of her missing eye and they ended up drawing the other one over it in sharpie so they could match, posing in the weirdest ways possible just for the added drama,
a photo of just Risotto, staring at a bowl of risotto she made just for him, her hand thrown in a fuzzy peace sign at the corner of the photo,
and her personal favorite, when Ghiaccio dissed her stands' pink aesthetic and she got everyone to wear pink. They took a group photo with the angy boi in the middle, looking like he was about to cry. Don't ask her how she persuaded Risotto to let her dye his hair pink. It didn't come out for a week and he didn't talk to her for an entire month.

"Right... Hey! I never got a tattoo though!" She was promptly ignored and he passed her a note. Some dude that looks like that and where they wanted him to be at what time. "Yea I can do this."

"Tonight?"

"Sure." she hummed, hopping back into bed and extending a hand toward the cat, who nuzzled into her. "I got this."

"It's... it's in a few hours. You should get ready." He glanced at the clock. Two hours until showtime, was she just going to sit here?

"Yea yea, I will. I got this, bro" She grinned. "Trust me, Rissy."

"Don't call me that." even if this is the upteenth time he had asked her to quit it with the nicknames, she never stopped. He was the only one who hadn't accepted it yet. Tsk tsk, Rissy. Get with the times, even Illuso has accepted 'Lusi'

I slipped Diavolo a twenty, enjoy this time skip

"(Y/N). Are you ready?" Everything came down to this moment. The group obviously expected her to come out of her room dressed up and pretty, not that she wasn't, but they expected her to be clean and classy, not rocking bright colors. "...are you sure about the outfit?"

"Yup. Leave this to me." She threw a peace sign up, sliding down the side railing to get to the car. With only a few minute drive, she opted to walk the rest of the way, the other's watching from a distance to see what she does.

The target was an older male, lean and posh. He strutted like he owned the place, and leered at every female as if they would swoon at the sight of his fancy suit and greying hair. She tilted her head down, hands shoved in the pockets of her hot pink sweater as she glanced up at him. You want some old man to follow her into an alley? Her one eye scanned the area, weaving into and bumping him. Obviously, she was doing a terrible job at pickpocketing, but that was all her plan, lazily snagging his wallet and jogging off, a few lira flying out of the wallet. He roared in anger, watching her for a few seconds in shock at her audacity before chasing after the cackling girl. At the corner, a familiar kid watched the ordeal play out. He knew for sure that that was the same girl a few months back, with her patched eye and (H/C) hair. With peaked interest, he followed behind, turning a bill into a wasp to track them.

(Y/N) turned the corner, they had managed to gain some distance and she peeled the bright pink coat off, fixing a garbage lid inside it and using her SCF to make it float, chucking it down the alley as her dark clothing helped her blend into the walls. Her lips tugged into a grin as the man ran past her, and she hurried to make her escape. Perhands she had got him in the alley a few moments early, but who cares. "I stole a wallet!!"

(Y/N) blinked, looking around. Now who would be dumb enough to admit their crimes? "I fell down yesterday because there was a spider in the shower and I got so spooked I slipped!" Well, that sounds embarrassing. And also familiar...? "I ate Illuso's fruit salad and then didn't tell him!"

Wait, was that her saying all that??? The man's footsteps inched closer to her as she desperately tried to cover her mouth, muffled secrets slipping from her lips. "Oh? There you are... The guilty will never escape my 'Bird Song', you see, Everything that haunts you at night, everything you fear, you'll spill it all, That is the power of my Bird Song." He grinned maliciously, snatching her by the collar of her shirt and hoisting her into the air.

"I set several houses on fire and glitter bombed multiple people, I took the last book in the bookstore even when an old lady asked if they had any more of it-" She choked on her words, feathers falling from her lips and floating down to the ground below her as she struggled to catch her breath. "I burned the photos of my friends, I pawned off the gifts they gave me, I lied to them."

"My, You've got quite the treasure trove of secrets, huh? Look at all these feathers, c'mon, what's that one guilt that haunts you at night?" His grip tightened, pinning her against the wall as he body pressed against her. Her body was weak from the lack of oxygen, ragged sobs coughing up more and more feathers. Her stand fizzled behind her out of desperation, the gleam of her glass-like skin seemingly illuminating the dingy alleyway before dissipating, what could she do? Float him a few inches off the ground? "Spit it up already, Tell me your deepest secrets...."

"I killed Mom."

-+-

Haha actual plot and backstory? Who's she?

I may have made this book for shizzles and giggles, but I DO actually have an overarching plot with the reader for once I pass the main events of the anime. Love ya, and Thank you for reading! Seeing all your comments and votes makes me super happy and proud! Keep being awesome!