Have You Tried Speaking To The Manager Within

Amidst the howl of the wind, Prosciutto cannot hear the near silent mantra (Y/N) had repeated allowed all this time. Quietly, she begs for their forgiveness; for saying nothing even as they mourned to themselves, for letting their hated brew as long as it did and letting them lie to her to keep themselves sane. It was horrible, what happened to Sorbet and Gelato. It was inhumane, how they were treated, but she didn't want them to march to their deaths after their fallen teammates. In a whisper, hands wrapped tight around his waist, she repeats. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry.

Prosciutto can feel his weight sink against her arms. Rather than holding him up, it teases him, threatening to let go at any moment. Deaf to her apologies, he can only look at her in disgust. It made sense now that he thought about it, of course she would be put under the group she had been housing with, but a sense of betrayal bubbled against his throat, and her touch felt toxic. His leg bleeds, pouring dashed red lines against the rails, but she didn't care. They were stupid in her eyes, unable to think for themselves. In his head he repeats. How dare you. How dare you. "Let go."

"No." Her grip tightens, and her hands begin to wrinkle from his touch.

"Let go!" His nails dig into her skin, trying to peel his grip of him. If he was supposed to die, then he will take it. He didn't need pity, especially from her.

"No! I'm not going to lose anyone else! I'm not gonna lose my friends anymore! I refuse! I'm not gonna let go! I won't ever let go!" Her stand yanked the both of them inside the car, and He was quick to push her off of him and stand. He had a capo to finish off, if she was going to betray him, then she was better off sitting on the sidelines so they could work. But a hand cut him off. "I said no!"

In an instant he snapped, pulling (Y/N) off balance and grabbing her sleeved wrist. He wouldn't have this disrespect, he wouldn't have her whining like a child having a hissy fit. "How dare you...! You're just some weak child who's too stubborn to realize when to stop. You've never lost anyone! You don't understand anything! You're too immature to understand just how much of a nuisance you are!"

His words tore into her like rabid dogs, prickles of tears slowly lined her eyelid as she clenched her fist, drawing back and lanching forward. Her attacks were wild, easily read and easily avoided. She was just a child, backing up further and further down the hall and away from her fists. Hook, hook, jab, uppercut, knifehand? His eyes widened as his body tumbled backward over a fallen body. One of his victims...? Her arm had continued downwards, scooping his leg and jerking him backwards onto the floor. "Fuck you too, how about!"

The outburst caught him off guard, staring up at the jacket clad girl.

" You're all marching to your deaths! What, am I supposed to sit back and watch you die? It's your fault for being dumb and stupid and not listening! That girl knows nothing! She doesn't have a stand! Are you really about to die just because someone said 'hey, maybe if we find the girl, we can track her DNA because that's totally smart and we can totally find the guy through the database even though hes a mafia boss and has most definitely gotten rid of his damn thing, and then once we do get this nonexistent guy, we are gonna fight against him and totally win because we are most definitely thinking this through! Yay, money that came straight out of my ass and not by all the work it takes to run a mafia! Hyuk Hyuk!'" She shouted, flopping around in a brainless manner. "Yea, how could I be so annoying and prevent you from fucking dying, you know? How dare I actually care for my friends and try to even get you to quit smoking!"

He grit his teeth, the pack of cigars seeming to burn a hole in his pocket. She seemed to notice his glances, taking the pack with her stand and proceeding to throw it out the window all with her eyes on him. "Fine. Then what do you think we should do? It isn't like we could just return to the mafia. It's do or die now."