My Neck, My Back, My Crippling Anxiety Attack

"Giorno, why can't we come too?" Narancia groaned, standing at the door like a defeated puppy. Trish was out doing a radio show, and everyone else was stuck inside. Sure, there was still plenty to do, but how could they subject themselves to the horror of chores? Bruno would still force them to grab the gloves and mops anyway. The house was decently clean, sure, but it could be a lot better. "Don't leave us back here!"

"Are you sure you're not just trying to avoid having to clean everything?" (Y/N) peaked her head out at him, arm hooked on the trimming of the door to keep herself from falling flat on her face. Her expression was one of annoyance, since she was stuck wiping down and cleaning literally half the house. With her stand, she was best suited for cleaning those hard to reach areas, and since they didn't want to risk breaking anything, she had to go alone. "I saw you float, you know. Help me clean."

"Sorry, can't hear you." Giorno picked up speed, breaking into a sprint as she threw a broom at him. It's not that he wanted to be an ass and leave all the cleaning to her, it's just that he didn't want to clean. "Have fun! I'll be back in a few!"

"Asshole!" She clenched her fist, shaking it about her head in a silent vow to get back at him later.

"(Y/N), pick the broom back up." Bruno hollered from the living room. With his hair tied back and a few bobby pins to keep his bangs in place, he was ready to begin. Abbacchio already began, vacuuming the stairway with languid motions. He at least kept his room and bathroom tidy, save for the small pile of wine bottles in the corner of the room. "We all have a lot of cleaning to do."

"Not Giorno." Mista groaned, curled on the floor in a defeated manner. Cleaning was the worst. This is why you just have minimal items. Less to clean. Technically, (Y/N) had less than all of them to clean because all she had to do was wipe down the fans and stuff! There was less surfaces to clean! So why the heck was she complaining? This just wasn't fair! "C'mon, why am I the one washing the dishes? Narancia, switch with me."

Glancing at the growing pile, he shuddered. Everyone there hates doing the dishes, so many of them just get take out, but there was still quite a build up. None of them would be surprised if there was some new life form in there. They really needed a chore wheel. "I would rather eat dirt."

"You look like the type of person who ate dirt as a kid, actually." (Y/N) commented, wiping off the fan and working on the windows. Hanging off the ceiling like a bat, she walked across the high ceilings toward them, leaping to catch the ledge and pull herself towards them to fix the lights.

"... It shows?"

"I'm just crazy good at guessing these types of things. Also... kinda." She tapped her temple. "I can see it, yknow."

"You never explained how that thing works. Like, what do you actually see?" Narancia paused his movements, glancing up and watching her wipe down everything. Sure, it was an excuse not to clean, but it still did hold intent to learn more about her. "Is it an Aura type thing? Or like, what?"

"Well... Okay It's hard to explain, but I kind of see the aura, right? But if I know them, I can see them too. But the aura is really weird. It's... It has a certain tint to it, where I can see them, I can see all about them. It's like... you ever look at your friend's boyfriend and automatically know they are a terrible person? Or you can sort of guess their tastes or something? It's like that, but you can read it directly. I guess everyone has it, but I can really see it and read people." She explained to the best of her abilities, one hand direction motions and movements in an effort to paint some picture as her other arm continued to clean. "I think i"m getting better with it though. Before, I could only see the tint and the person, and even then it was just wack. But I kind of see things?? Okay???"

"Keep cleaning, you too. Fugo is coming back soon and I want the house clean for him." It was mostly an excuse to make everyone clean up with him. Sure, Abbacchio was using Moody Blues to vacuum everything and is taking a nap in the living room, but it's still help where help can be given.

"You say that but his stuff hasn't even been unpacked yet." (Y/N) huffed, tossing an unused duster onto Abbacchio's body.

"I'm sorry, would you like to do it?" He glanced up at her, hip jutted out for that extra sass. A true mom at heart, even down to the snarky commentary. It was true, all the boxes sat in the room next to his bed and empty bookshelf, patiently collecting dust until the moment of Fugo's return.

"I'm not the one pushing for a big welcome, Bruno." She huffed, replacing one of the old lightbulbs with a newer one. It wasn't as if she didn't want him to come, but she knew he would come sooner or later, and he would be more comfortable with a home more lived in than spick and span.

"(Y/N), have some respect for your Capo. I never hear you use his last name." Abbacchio chastised, pushing the wooden dowel off him and sitting up with slitted eyes.

"That's true, you always use his first name but use Abbacchio's last name. What's with that?"

"Easy. Abba doesn't let me use his first name. And besides, I met Bruno even before I worked under him. It's weird suddenly having to be so formal with someone when you've always referred to them informally." (Y/N) hummed, standing up to pat Bruno's head. He glanced up, smiling at the woman above him.

"You met Bruno before you worked for him?" Mista rinsed off the dish soap from the pan he spent way too long scrubbing. The char was stuck to the inside of it, since Narancia failed to cook a crepe correctly once.

"Yea. I was mostly delirious for some of it but he took me to the hospital." She nodded. It was hard to remember most of it, seeing as at that moment, she was running on way too little blood and way too much adrenaline. "Hmm... I stole his shirt and ran smack into a tree. I think."

"What? Context much appreciated please." Mista scrubbed another dish, trying to figure out how she managed to be smart enough to slip his shirt off, and dumb enough to run into a tree after doing so.

"She didn't steal my shirt. (Y/N) didn't have clothes when I found her, so I lent her mine." He explained. It's not the the whole nudity was a big deal, it was more that the sight of her entire midsection was more concerning. "I found her the night after she was... tortured. She was sleeping in a tree."

"I was in a tree?" (Y/N) raised an eyebrow. "Weird place to dump a body..."

"No, I think your stand took you there. Soda City Funk also left you in my care. You fell right into my arms." Like an angel. He added in his mind. "It was bizarre, to say the least."

"Then I woke up and ran right into a tree and passed out." She added. "And then I woke up in some urgent care place for misguided youths."

"Oh?" Abbacchio glanced at Bruno. He remembered Bruno leaving for a few consecutive days two or so years ago, but he only said he was going to visit someone. It was definitely odd, seeing as how he so often preferred to stay with that gang.

"He kept me company while I was healing."

"I was trying to figure out if she was being targeted or not. I've heard that those who are are usually tortured in gruesome ways." His eyes flickered to the side at the memory of a rumor that floated around. A duo who hunted the boss and were cut into 36 parts in front of each other, for example. "But she didn't have any reason to be targeted."

Lost in thought, Abbacchio turned to her. "You know, you can call me by my first name. If you hate being so formal..."

She paused, hand pressed to her chin in thought. "Hm... there's no good nickname for it though. Abba is easier." (Y/N) floated back to the ground in search of the next area to clean.

"Whatever sounds more comfortable." He leaned back on the couch, a hint of distaste at the tip of his tongue. It isn't that he wanted her to say his name anyway. The only time she even said 'Leone' was when she was mad at him.

"I mean, if you don't mind me calling you Leonie..." With a grin, she tilted her head towards him, a playful smirk tugging at the corners of her lips.

His cheeks flushed the color of wine, a hand raised to cover the evidence of his surprise. "If... If you want to."

"Leonie it is!" She skipped off, a triumphant smile on her lips.

"Hey, let me call you that too!"

"I'll shatter your rib if you fucking dare."