If I Stay In Bed My Vibes Are Safe

(Y/N) hummed, letting the wind whip through her hair as they traveled down the canal. The sun rose in front of them, staining the clouds purple. Trish and Bruno were still inside the turtle, but everyone else had joined them to feel the breeze. Their last mission was finally arriving, Bruno had already reconfirmed the mission from the boss, and the instructions were nothing to sneeze at. Their detailed instructions showcased just how careful he was, which was a bit of a problem for the three of them and their plans. It was nice that he feigned caring though.

Are you all safe?

I thank you for protecting my daughter Trish from the bottom of my heart.

The information in this disc was imputed the moment you all boarded the train in Naples.

Therefore, I'd like to warn you that I have no way of knowing how many more are after you, or how many members you've lost in this amount of time.

The information in this disc is the safest way for me to meet my daughter, and also your final mission.

Let me warn you that, should you deviate even the slightest from the instructions on this disc, it will be unforgivable.

If any of you do anything other than what's instructed of you, even if it's accidental, I will consider it a warning that you mean to harm me.

Here is your final mission.

You will now head to the island of San Giorgio Maggiore.

The place you will take my daughter is the top of the great bell tower of the church there. Once you take my daughter there, your mission will be over.

Instruction one: there are no stairs to the top of the tower. Currently, there is only one elevator that goes to the top. The only ones allowed in the elevator are Trish and one bodyguard.

Instruction two: the bodyguard is prohibited from carrying any knives, gun, cell phones, or anything else.

Instruction three: you must land on the island within fifteen minutes of retrieving this disc. There is a tracking device in the disc, so I know where you are.

Instruction four: the rest of you will wait on the boat. You are not allowed on the island.

"He's a pretty cautious person, I'll give him that." (Y/N) watched Mista throw in the rope to dock, Giorno informing him of their arrival. Right now, the boss was within range of her stand, which was a really weird thought. It's not that she could properly track him outside of the church, so she only had to trust Bruno, or whoever else was going inside.

"The boss is at the top of that tower right now..." Narancia whispered, it was a weird feeling, he agreed. Had any other Capos been given the chance to be so close?

"This means our mission ends here." Abbacchio's voice almost sounded a little bit relieved, these past few days have been incredibly tiring anyway, so she sort of understood how he felt. "We all made it out alive, so I guess all's well that ends well."

"Yea just barely though." Mista chuckled, rubbing the scabs on his forehead. "Let's live it up in Venice for a few days before we go home. I hear the food's great here."

"They have good food here? I just remembered I was hungry. What kind of food do they have?" Narancia's excitement was infectious, it was nice that everyone was relaxing after all this time. They really did deserve a break. And about two days to rest for eternity.

"Well, they had squid ink pasta, horsehair crab salad, and I hear the carpaccio at the hotel Cipriani is fantastic." (Y/N)'s stomach moaned softly at the thought, and Mista laughed at her. They were all starved of a good meal, weren't they?

"Hey, you bastards!" Bruno's booming voice caught their attention. "Don't let your guard down! The mission's not over yet! Narancia, keep an eye on the radar."

"Bucciarati, I volunteer to be her bodyguard in the tower." Giorno stood. This was their only chance to see the boss after all. "I'll take her to the top of the bell tower."

"Hey hey hey, that's not right." (Y/N) wanted to go, she was the closest with Trish after all, and she wanted to say her final goodbyes to her friend.

"Yea, who the hell do you think you are?!" Abbacchio stood, how dare some newbie take the job and get the credit when it should obviously be the Capo or in the least, the second in charge. "Bucciarati's the capo, so of course he's going to take her, you dumbass! The boss didn't specify anyone because he didn't know who was still alive!"

"Y-Yea..." (Y/N) coughed, falling back to the seat next to Trish. Of course Bruno was going to go.

"Alright, Trish. The two of us will go onto the island, as we were ordered." Bruno stepped off the small boat and onto the island where they would face their enemy. This would be the last they saw Trish, and hopefully, she would have a happy, peaceful life away from it all.

"Wait, Trish." (Y/N) took her hand, and the warmth from it almost made her want to sink into (Y/N)'s arms again, away from the father she never met, away from the stress and the worry of it all, where it was warm and comforting. Almost as if (Y/N) had heard her prayers, she hugged the younger girl tightly, wrapped around her in an embrace that spoke heart to heart. Trish's pulse pleaded for her to not let go, but the cold air swept over her again, feeling even more unforgiving than before. "Everything will be alright, I promise."

Silently, she nodded, unable to look her in the eye. How was (Y/N) so sure? How was she so optimistic? Where did she find that courage to smile and bear these burdens from? "Okay. I believe you."

"Thank you, Trish." She pressed a gentle kiss to her cheek, a final goodbye before she sat down again, letting the girl walk away. For Bruno and Giorno, this was the chance of a lifetime to find out who the boss really is. No matter what, he would find him.

"Oh, I know, Giorno. Could you give me that charm to wish me good luck on this final mission? Ladybugs are considered sun bugs. They're symbols of life, right? They're good luck charms, right?" His sapphire eyes narrowed a tad, a plan was brewing in their minds, but (Y/N) didn't really have the energy to notice.

"Yes, Ladybugs bring good luck." His eyes shifted to the turtle next to (Y/N), imbuing the ladybug brooch in his hands with some of the turtle's life. It will act as a tracking device. Bruno fashioned it to his own coat just as Fugo called for him.

"Bucciarati, I thought this was a good opportunity to say this."

"Why so formal? What is it?" Bruno's eyebrows twisted as he listened.

"I knew that you'd become capo someday, and I know you'll be able to complete this mission." Fugo smiled, as his second in command, he took great pride in watching their team grow and accomplish so many jobs.

"Of course he can." As always, Abbacchio's loyalty and favoritism was showing, but it wasn't like anyone hated it or anything. They felt the exact same way.

"Let's aim for an even higher position in the organization!" Fugo's back straightened, and (Y/N) nodded eagerly.

"Yeah, you're right. Let's go, Trish." This promise weighed heavy on his heart, but they still had the job to complete. Together, the two of them walked into the chapel to complete their first mission from the boss.  The rest of the group wasn't aware of the plan Giorno, Bruno, and (Y/N) had signed up for, and to be honest, (Y/N) wasn't even thinking about it. Her leg bounced nervously, a habit that she had last at the hospital. It was the nervous tick that only came when she knew something horrible was going to happen. Hopefully, it was not to befall Trish. If she knew anything about shit fathers you've never met who were in the mafia and suddenly seek you out, it's that you would be in for a bad time.

-+-
I simp for Bruno so hard it's debilitating someone send help I can't finish the episode