I Dont Need Love I Need To Go Back To Sleep

"Fugo, can you do this one alone?" Bruno didn't want to have to do this, but they were a relatively small group, things like this would end up happening now and then. Narancia's stand was good for locating enemies and attacking, so he was going solo for a mission, and Bruno and Abbacchio had to team up to locate and protect someone else, so Fugo was stuck on his own. (Y/N) ate her banana silently, not really paying attention to what they were saying, it wasn't her business in the first place, seeing as she was technically not a part of the bodyguard squadron.

"No, I can't do that! What if there's an enemy?" He hesitated, he couldnt use his stand where many living things were, especially in a forest, where everything flourished with life. He had no right there as an omen of death. "You know I can't!"

"Fugo, we don't have anyone else to send with you, you have to do this alone. You know we can't just deny the boss." He chided, but Fugo seemed adamant on not going alone. "Can't I switch with you? I'll go with Abbacchio instead!"

"What's going on?" She finished her banana, tossing the skin in the trash can and leaning against the counter. Usually, Abbacchio, the petty fucker, would comment on how she wasn't allowed to listen in, but she was kind of already there first, they had started talking battle plans over breakfast, so this wasn't exactly her fault and he couldn't bully her.

"Nothing of your concern, don't worry. I'm sure you have other matters to worry about." Bruno sighed, glancing at their plans on the table. It was too late to change right now, and all these needed to be done, it wasn't like they could reject any of them after the boss had asked them to take in more people and he denied the offer.

"I already finished all my work. I can go with Fugo on his mission." She set a hand on his shoulder and he flinched, but didn't push it away, just glad he wouldn't have to go alone. "So something about a forest?"

"Our client needs to get to a meeting in some cabin in the woods, needs us to cover for him until he gets there, He's against some pretty angry people, so he wants someone with a strong stand." Bruno gestured to Fugo, the 'strong stand', but it was useless if he refused to use it. "We are allowed casualties, but they prefer we don't."

"I can go with him. He shouldn't have to go alone." She yawned, standing up to go change into proper clothes rather than her sleeping outfit. "When do we leave?"

"In an hour. We have to go hop on a train to meet up with him and then take him wherever he needs to go." Fugo quietly hummed, following her up the steps to also change out of his red pajamas. "Do you know how to drive?"

"The first and last time I drove anything I ran over a person."

"So I'm driving."

"Preferably."

-+-

"You know, we actually haven't talked much. Tell me about yourself, Fugo." They had been in the car for a total of thirty minutes in complete awkward silence and they still have another fifteen of silence to sit through, but not if she could help it.

"I'll pass. I need to focus on the road." He mumbled, it wasn't as if he didn't trust the older girl, they just haven't really talked as much. Narancia and Bruno were the ones she talked with the most, and she was missing for most of the week doing god only knows. He never expected to be partnered with her, if only because she wasn't actually a part of their group.

Well Mission FuckSilenceInTheAss failed, so she set her head down, leaning her eyeless side onto the side of the door to rest For a little. She was supposed to be a navigator, but they just needed to go straight up this windy road for a majority of the trip, that is until he swerved harshly to the side, throwing her entire body into the car door. "Jesus fuck, what was that for?!"

"Some fucking asshole doesn't know how to drive! A blind man can go faster than you!" He raged, pounding his fist against the car horn at the car that cut them off. In their rear view mirror, she could see a man in sunglasses glance up at the both of them, then back down, not giving a single fuck.

"Just pass him, no one is on the other side of the road." She whispered, rubbing her face, musing at the speed signs on the side of the mountain. Slow speeds, watch out for falling rocks, all the goodies. "No use in getting mad when you can do the same. He isn't in a rush anyways."

Fugo grumbled, doing as told. As they drove faster, she caught a glimpse of the man in the car and his passenger, another man with a gun. She wasn't sure if she saw correctly, but no way was she going to check and risk getting noticed. "Fugo..."

"What!" He barked, already in a shit mood, shoving her pesky hand away. "I'm not going to talk to you!"

"Fugo speed up. Right now!" She screamed, curving her body as the blast of a gun tore through her side mirror, the crystalline fragments exploding with a sharp clatter against her window pane. She screamed as another shot fired, but nothing happened to their car, no, up ahead, large boulders tumbled down the side of the cliff with loud rumbles. "Those are the fucking assassins!"

"Fuck! I'll hit the rocks if I speed up!" He went to hit the brakes, stopped by her sudden outburst.

"Don't fucking touch those breaks! There's a big bend coming up!" She pointed to the left, where the road continued. It had originally swerved inside, following the curve of the mountain, and then back out, adding a little loop to the drive. "Drive faster! Rev the fucking engine and you're going to jump that big bend!"

"Are you fucking insane?! There's no way we are going to make it! That's like twenty five yards!" He shouted, trying to ignore the sounds of gunshots behind them.

"Just fucking do it! You have to trust me!" She screeched, and he slammed the gas pedal down, driving faster towards the blocked off roads. She activated her stand, punching the dashboard to activate her power. "SCF! Swerve and make the jump! Now!"

They drove off the edge, screaming for their lives as they prayed that this stupid trick worked, for a moment, she wondered if they'll make it, back wheel barely catching on the edge of the dirt and lurching them forward. She looked back at the stopped cars, the two men exiting and watching them drive off. "That... That actually fucking worked...!"

"I know... I... I didn't think it would." They relaxed, still haphazardly driving through the roads, determined to just get the dude and get out of there before they caught up.

"Wait, you had no clue if it would actually work?! And you had me drive off a cliff?!" He screeched, turning his head towards her, in which she quickly returned his screech.

"Watch the road! Watch the fucking road!!" He threw a hard swerve right, her body ragdolling to the side. "And I'm sorry! I had no other fucking choice! Did you have another idea?! Who knows how many goons are already on the road?! We had to get there and that means stopping for nothing!"

They both were silent, adrenaline coursing through their veins like a hard shot of whiskey on an empty stomach. It was a different silent, accompanied by small hiccups as he drove, but they were both content with it.

"Thanks for trusting me though." (Y/N) whispered, watching the shadows dance on the dashboard.

"Yea." He nodded softly, glancing at her once. "It was a good idea."

Her lips turned upright and she chortled. "Thanks."