I Took A Tylenol But It Still Hurts To Be Alive

The thunder of footsteps jolted (Y/N) awake, choking on her own air as she scrambled to grab anything in reach, anything to tell her that what had happened to her was nothing more than a nightmare. Of course, that was nothing but the pleads of someone who didn't want to die. Funny how the second you had something to lose, death became oh so frightening. Never in her life had she feared it like she did now, and even thinking of it, cold chills clawed deep into her back. "(Y/N)! You're okay, what fucking happened?!"

There was not a single mark left, courtesy of Giorno's power, but the ripped apparel around her waist, a loop that used to be the bottom half of her shirt hung languidly across her stomach, dyed the colors of death. "I... they... they... "

"What the hell is going on, Bucciarati? We need an explanation." Abbacchio barked, (Y/N) cradled in his arms as she gripped the fabric and straps of his shirt, shaking like a leaf in his arms. What the hell happened? By the amount of blood, it looked something like a massacre. So why was Buccarati so calmly setting Trish, the one they were supposed to never see again, into the boat? "What the hell are you doing?"

Silently, he stood, facing his crew while some of them looked away, unable to look at the man that they had respected for years now. "All right. I'll just come out and say it. But I can't explain everything right now, because there's no time and danger's right around the corner."

His team stood at him, curiosity gnawing each and every one of his crew members. (Y/N) didn't look, her gaze set directly in front of her at the frayed ends of her sawed top. Bruno and Giorno had included her on their plans, but now that she thought about it, they never once shared how they were planning on going about it. She knew they wouldn't do something so ludacris blind, but why wouldn't they invite her into their plan? Was it because they believed her stand was not strong enough?

"The reason I brought Trish back is because I betrayed the boss just now. If not for (Y/N), I would have already been dead, as she believed the boss was an enemy. I consider him as such and he considers me as such now. I'll be leaving, if you go with me, you will also become traitors."

He reached for the girl in Abbacchio's arms, but unconsciously, the former cop took a step back. If it was a mistake, then she would be forgiven, she wasn't a traitor, she wouldn't be hunted to her death. He seemed to forget that (Y/N) was pretty used to that.

"I-I don't think I heard you right..." Narancia couldn't even joke at the situation, his usual smile faded to concern and terror. "Wh-What did you just say?"

"He said... He betrayed the boss." Fugo rasped. He couldn't understand such a decision at all, why would he do something so reckless? What could have possibly happened? "Why?"

"You probably shouldn't hear any more, because you guys have nothing to do with this." Bruno's eyes scanned over the boys.

"Then... why are you trying to take (Y/N)? She's, she's safer with us, the boss will forgive her, she didn't know!" If anything, Mista just didn't want anything to happen to her. His wingman. If everyone else had to stay behind, why did he try to take (Y/N)?"

"She is also a traitor. The assassination group, she saved them all. They are still alive, and I plan on handing her to their care. I have seen the boss's ability, so I'll be targeted first." The words felt bitter on his tongue, to admit that the safest place for her was not with them anymore, when he had promised to never let her go. He could see that his team had felt the same way about the girl, they didn't believe him, but one by one, they began to piece it all together, her insistence on being the final strike, her involvement in each battle, why? What else did they not know until now about her? Someone they trusted and loved, how could she have so many secrets? Reluctantly, Abbacchio relinquished the girl, letting her stand on her own in the center of them all. Were none of them going to explain their actions?