Chapter 109: My Friends

The taxi drove off as soon as it dropped us at the airport, leaving us standing near the only door that would lead us in the building. The four of us headed inside, checking in and sliding our suitcases behind the counter so they would put in the plane's cargo hold.

We sat in the waiting room only for a few minutes, since we already came here a bit late. When our flight's name appeared on the screen above and an employee announced that we were now boarding, we left out seats, walking towards the gate assigned and to the plane waiting.

The view was so familiar, almost like a replica of what I saw a couple years back.

Walking past the hangars and other airplanes that were parked, looking at the airbus with the words Kyojin Air painted beautifully on its side - it was exactly like 4 years ago. Even the schedule of our flight wasn't that far off.

Only this time, I wasn't frantically dragging my brothers to the plane because we nearly missed the boarding time.

One by one, we walked up the stairs and entered the plane, immediately greeted by a flight attendant that welcomed us and gestured us to find our seats.

Annie and I sat side by side together, Eren and Armin sitting on the seats across the hall from us. Of course, I made sure to book a ticket with the window seat, because window seat supremacy.

When everyone was on board, the plane closed the doors and began to taxi to the runway, pausing for a while as it waited for another plane to take off. After given the clear, it lined up with the runway and waited again until the pilot got the final conformation from the control tower.

The wait lasted for about 5 minutes, and during it, there was announcement telling us to fasten our seatbelts. A cabin crew member walked down the hall, checking to make sure the compartments above the seats were properly closed, before going back to their seat.

I listened as the roar of the engine got louder and the plane started moving forward, quickly picking up speed as it travelled down the runway. The plane tilted up, the ground now flashing past me at an angle as we rose in the air.

The plane leaned to the side, making a turn and allowing me to get a better view of the city of my hometown below. My eyes closed, a hand raising to rest it on the window beside me as I said a silent farewell.

We'll meet again, one day.

And so, the long journey of the 7 hour flight began.

Staring out at the clouds became pretty boring after a while, now that I think about it. Don't get me wrong, it was still cool to be able to see ourselves soaring thousands of feet above the ground, but it gets a bit bland after a while.

The only thing I'd say I was looking forward to seeing was the sunset from up here. But until then, I'm just going to relax throughout the entire thing.

For a while, it was just comfortable silence. That is until a flight attendant walked down the hall, pushing a trolley filled with drinks and small snacks. I expected them to just pass by when it reached us, but a very familiar voice quietly called out to the person.

I blinked open my eyes, leaning forward and glancing to the side to see none other than Eren asking the lady what food she had. I mentally facepalmed - if this isn't exactly what happened four years ago, then I don't know what is.

He ended up buying one of each snack they offered, and by the time the lady continued down the hall, the tray in front of him was full with a pile of food. Even though Eren didn't see this, I definitely saw the guy who was sitting at their window seat give him one of those double glances.