Chapter 100: The Lion's Past

Annie gazed at me with her ice-like blue eyes, completely dumbfounded. She reached out her hand and lightly grazed my hand, before patting around my arm, shoulders and even my head.

"You're awake...?" She breathed out, eyes wide with shock. Small drops of tears began to form on the edges of her eyes.

"Oh thank the Moon Goddess!" Annie sighed out in relief, placing her hands on my shoulders and letting her head hang low. "I thought you went back in your coma!"

I cleared my throat, standing uncomfortably with Annie's added weight placed on me. "I'm... fine, Annie."

The blonde girl took deep breaths, keeping her face down low as I presume she was getting her act together. All of a sudden, she flinched. "Oh no."

"What?"

"I... told Levi that you might've went back in your coma," Annie explained, taking a few steps back with a hand holding her head. "He freaked out--.. shit. I need to call him again--"

I stopped the blonde girl before she managed to sprint away. "Wait!"

"Huh?"

"I need to speak to you."

"But Levi--"

"Levi can--... I'll talk to him afterwards. I'm sure he's fine."

Annie shrugged off my hand. "But, I don't think he's--"

"When were you going to tell me that you worked for Kenny?" I dropped the bomb, not wanting to wait another second to pass by.

My abruptness clearly caught Annie off guard, her face confusued for a moment before an expression of shock took over. "H-huh?"

"When were you going to tell me that you worked for Kenny?" I repeated my question, keeping my eyes locked on hers.

Annie slowly began to shake her head, warily shuffling a few steps away from me. "I don't--... I didn't--"

"Annie," I said her name aloud, the tone of my voice lowering drastically. "When were you going to admit that you were a spy for Kenny?"

"I-..." she stammered. "I was going to.... take it to my grave."

"So you were never going to tell me?"

"I... wasn't going to tell anyone. No one needed to know." Annie paused, looking away for a bit before turning back to me. "But (Y/N), how..... how did you know?"

I wondered what to answer her, but decided to keep things short and simple. "He told me."

"He..?"

"Yes. He told me everything."

"Kenny..?" Annie breathed out. "Kenny spoke to you....? How...."

The blonde girl trailed off, staring at the floor in shock and confusion as we both stood still in silence for a whole minute.

Annie closed her eyes, keeping her face tilted down. "What else did he tell you?"

I looked at Annie, who had wrapped her arms around herself, her fingers fiddling with her sleeves uncomfortably.

What else did he tell me? Not much. Only that she held the decision whether or not....

"Were you going to kill me?" I asked bluntly, not giving a shit about beating around the bush and going straight to the point.

Annie looked up immediately, staring at me straight in the eyes and opening her mouth, but no words came out. She hesitated to answer, chest heaving up and down heavily. "Do you want me to tell you what you want to hear.... or do you want the truth?"