Chapter 105: Partners

I didn't realize I had been holding my breath until my normal sight returned, and I quickly heaved a heavy breath in, dropping down to my knees.

Ziahra quickly looked at me after hearing the noise, crouching down to my level and gazing at me worriedly. "(Y/N)? Are you okay??"

My head was pounding and I held it tightly, a mix of emotions flooding through me.

What did I just see? It couldn't have been more of my suppressed memories, I had none left! I already knew all of my past.

The pain gradually withered away, leaving me in a state of shock and complete confusion. Ziahra, even more so.

"(Y/N)! Talk to me, are you okay?"

I shook my head. "Yes, I'm fine," I lied. "I was just shocked from your howl. I-- uhh.. wasn't expecting it."

I don't know why, but a gut instinct is telling me to keep quiet. Even though I should be open and honest about all problems to my wolf, something tells me this was something I shouldn't quite say.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Ziahra repeated her question for the third time, still not believing my answer.

This time, I stood up and gave her a firm nod. "I'm fine."

It's true. I wasn't feeling anymore headaches and shortness of breath. I was physically fine. Just pretty shaken up mentally.

"Thank you for promising to always be by my side, Ziahra," I thanked the wolf, sliding my hand down the barrier.

"Of course. It's my duty to."

I smiled, closing my eyes. "I appreciate it."

When I opened my eyes again, I was back in Dr. Joy's house, standing in the middle of the living room. For a moment, I forgot what I was going to do. But one quick look at my dirty body was enough to remind me.

I made my way to the bathroom in my room, sliding off all my clothes and stepping into the shower. I cranked the handle, mixing the hot water with some cold to even it out.

As I stood waiting for the water to reach the temperature I desired, I thought about what just happened.

There's no way this is another case of me seeing my own memory again. There's nothing left about my life that I have no recollection about. But if that wasn't from my own memory, then who's was it..?

I extended a hand to test out the water, feeling that it was already close to where I wanted it to be. Waiting longer would just be a waste of water, so I stepper under the running water, cleansing my entire body from whatever dirt sticking on me.

Could it be.... Ziahra's memories?

I froze in my position, right in the middle of rubbing soap all over my body.

No, it can't be. I convinced myself otherwise. I was seeing things from a human's point of view, it was much higher than a wolf's.

As I went through the motions of taking a shower, I continued pondering my thoughts. Then... was I seeing the memory of one of my ancestors? Or even the memory of my future descendant?

I grabbed the shampoo bottle, squeezing some out on my hand and rubbing it evenly through my hair.

Is that even possible?

My hands dropped to my sides as I stood still and allowed the water to rinse off all the soap and shampoo off of me.

Clearly, it was possible, since I just experienced it myself. But I don't know for sure. Who can I even ask about this...?